Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,042,705 times

Advertisements

"I believe that Vincent Brothers is innocent..."

I don't care what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkelley35 View Post
yeah, "good luck with that" is exactly right. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion; but your opinion in him being innocent is ludicrous. And dollandmom,
have you been drinking your 'make me stupider' kool-aid?

First off, his extramarital affairs were very relevant to the case. It showed he was not the loving husband that alot of people thought him to be. It could also be part of a motive. Now if the guy was on trial for burgulary, then yes, the affairs would not be relevant and in circumstances like that, you will usually hear, "objection!" followed by "sustained." But please, his character has every right to be questioned when trying to prove he isn't just a squeaky clean christian vice principal.

Second, his lying on the stand just showed he was doing everything he could to prove he wasn't in CA. Including his countless attempts to create false alibis. How'd that work out for him. Can you say pre-meditated squared?! Why all this setting up fake alibis. Yeah he's innocent alright.

Third, they have gas cans he could have filled up, or stopped at hole-in-the wall gas stations. Not every gas station has a camera either. And no way to know which route he could have taken. What was the prosecution going to look at the surveillance tapes of over 50,000 gas stations he could have stopped at to subpoena a clerk or show he was at a gas station. Let alone who in east bum**** is gonna remember who stopped in their gas station 8 months ago. Please, stupid argument. Use your micky!!

Fourth, if in anyway, the defense could have proved that he was actually in the accident, they would have. And his rental car had no evidence of the accident as it was, and they put the guy who was actually in the accident on the stand. NO NEED TO BRING IN A LITTLE KID. Who was prob traumatized after the car accident and wouldn't be able to identify who the driver was 8 months earlier anyways. I was in an accident over a year ago, and I could not remember the lady's face.other than she had long dark hair. So, I doubt a little kid would have remembered.

Fifth, He lied on the stand making him look even more guilty than he already was. The bugs in his radiator showed he went to the western most part of ye country when he denied being anywhere near there. Claiming he was only in Ohio and then "EAST" to his other family members house.

Sixth, he put over 4500 hundred miles on a rental that supposedly only made a 1200 mile trip each way. Now unless he spent the rest of the time going for a 48 hour joyride around Ohio, or his other family members house, then he can't account for all that mileage. Unless he took a wrong turn and ended up in Canada!!!! But oh wait, the bugs found on his car disproves that!!

Seventh, where are the gas stations that show he filled up all those times in Ohio or his other family members house. Why didn't the DEFENSE subpoena any of those defendants claiming Vincent Brothers was where he lied and said he was. Because they couldn't. Why, because there was nobody to confirm it. Or believe me, they would have. And there would have had to have been alot of gas receipts proving he did. When your practically driving for 48 hours straight on a joyride around Ohio for no apparent reason there must be plenty you could have produced, or had atleast one witness to take the stand in your defense.

Eight, his whole family ended up coming clean and killed his entire alibi for the days leading up to the murder on the fourth until the 7th of July. Not even they stood by him at the end to save his lying, murdering ass.

Ninth, HE'S GUILTY!!! He's a child murder, a baby killer, an elderly woman killer, and a wife killer. I am not big into corporal punishment. Except when their is unequivocally no doubt someone is guilty. Such as cases where DNA evidence puts somebody at the scene of a pre-meditated murder. This guy absolutely deserves the death penalty!! And lethal injection is to humane for scumbags like this.

JG Kelly, You are easily one of the dumbest people I've heard comment on anything. You know nothing of court procedure, or the human condition as a whole.

Start here: You are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
The State has the burden of proof, and the preponderance of evidence.

You can't assume he had gas tanks in his car ready to fill up because that would mean you already think he's guilty. If you can't prove it, you can't fill in the blanks to put the pieces together how you want. You would have to find those gas tanks, or find a receipt for their purchase.

NO NEED TO BRING IN A LITTLE KID????? It's a capital murder trial you idiot, 5 year-olds have taken the stand to testify

True, Brothers being a womanizer does expose his character. But cheating with 1000 women doesn't mean someone killed 5 members of their family. The jump is too big. Does it provide a motive? Sure
but if he wasn't a womanizer, the motive would be money. If not money, revenge. If not revenge, he
wanted to be free of his family. If not that, then he was in league with some of the criminals his mother helped. Point Blank: it's up to the prosecution to present a case, motive and all. Anything can be a motive.

Alibi this, Alibi that - Only if you think someone is guilty does there alibi have to be strong. He could be right next door, if he didn't commit the crime it doesn't matter. Where is the blood evidence? where is the forensic evidence? Where are the weapons? We live in the GOLDEN AGE OF DNA - unrefutable proof of a persons innocence or guilt. You're playing that classic card "I don't know how you dun it, but I know you dun it." In the year 2014, DNA & Forensics is so advanced that it is impossible to kill anyone, and not leave something behind,microscopic blood on your clothes, gun residue, fingerprints, the corner of a shoeprint, flesh under the nails, hair etc.... No forensic evidence and this guy killed 5 people. He must be a Ninja of the highest order.

Lastly something an idiot like yourself could never understand is the human condition. To empathize with the defendant. Vincent Brothers was a middle school principle. He had 3 kids. Children were his life
all the time everyday. Of course he would want a break from the chaos every now and again. Who wouldn't? I probably would have affairs too just to get my mind off the stress. So if Vincent is having affairs, why suddenly ramp up to murdering his family? He can continue that without murder. What is the mindset?

"I know, I want to continue having affairs and be free of my family, so I will kill all of them, establish an alibi, and then live like the playboy I was meant to be"

Doesn't make sense

Even if they were divorcing, the mindset would be

"This ***** is taking everything, I will show her. I'll kill her and the kids establish an alibi, and collect the insurance and ride off into the sunset"

This mindset is somewhat believable, but Vincent was a middle school principle- It's a job for people who actually CARE about kids to some degree. He would rather divorce and struggle, and see the kids he loved sometime, than murder them in cold blood.

We all have the capacity to kill, but it takes a VERY SPECIAL individual to surround himself with children his whole life and then kill his whole family, including his kids, and infant. The prosecution painted him to be a Jekyll/Hyde type person, but in reality those type of people rarely exist. Most people follow a form of congruency, meaning they act the way they are, they think and do things within the confines of their personality. A vegetarian for 10 years, doesn't just chow down a bunch of steak and hamburgers for one weekend, just because.

Vincent Brothers is innocent, and was set-up by Bakersfield PD

Old 03-31-2015, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,864 times
Newbie, I honestly couldn't turn in a verdict of guilty and sleep at night. I have questions too. According to "Dateline IA" the cops swayed his brother against him by using very high pressure and unorthodox practices. Why? Why did other people recant their testimony too? After this was done Vincent and his supporters all looked like liars, then it was a cake walk for the prosecution.
There is no way Vincent could have made that trip in record time. He rented a neon? Cmon for a trip like that you need comfort, leg room. Not so much fuel efficiency.
I respect your attempt to help and I don't think you are wrong. There is another life at stake. I agree with you in that his mother in law may have attracted some sicko.
I would like to follow this case and get updates.If I can help you in anyway please contact me here.
Good Luck,
Helen

Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 AM

50,260 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Not everything...
#hashtag/moststuff/#

Old 05-27-2015, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,792 times
While I did not read the transcripts, what I have seen and read about this case casts a great deal of doubt on the prosecution's ability to meet the burden of proof, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The defendant's character does not make him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The ability for him to have driven all that way in the time alleged is highly questionable, conflicting evidence about the insects found on the car, etc etc to me raises scads of reasonable doubt. The evidence presented by the prosecution is entirely circumstantial and even adding it all up and considering it as a whole leaves lots of room for doubt. Could any rational trier of fact have found him guilty? Not in my book. Yet this does not mean Vincent Brothers did or did not commit the homicides. I simply believe that from what I have seen the prosecution did not at all meet their burden of proof. I would really like to read the transcripts.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I really feel sorry for Vincent. I saw this on tv today and I don't believe that he did it. The evidence seems circumstantial at best. I wish he had a better attorney. He seemed to be fumbling over his words. I just don't see the motive. As an educator I find it hard to believe that a person who DEVOTES their life to children could then kill his own children in cold blood. A murder for hire would be more plausible but I just can't see how a man of his calibre could kill his own six week old baby.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty33 View Post
JG Kelly, You are easily one of the dumbest people I've heard comment on anything. You know nothing of court procedure, or the human condition as a whole.

Start here: You are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
The State has the burden of proof, and the preponderance of evidence.

You can't assume he had gas tanks in his car ready to fill up because that would mean you already think he's guilty. If you can't prove it, you can't fill in the blanks to put the pieces together how you want. You would have to find those gas tanks, or find a receipt for their purchase.

NO NEED TO BRING IN A LITTLE KID????? It's a capital murder trial you idiot, 5 year-olds have taken the stand to testify

True, Brothers being a womanizer does expose his character. But cheating with 1000 women doesn't mean someone killed 5 members of their family. The jump is too big. Does it provide a motive? Sure
but if he wasn't a womanizer, the motive would be money. If not money, revenge. If not revenge, he
wanted to be free of his family. If not that, then he was in league with some of the criminals his mother helped. Point Blank: it's up to the prosecution to present a case, motive and all. Anything can be a motive.

Alibi this, Alibi that - Only if you think someone is guilty does there alibi have to be strong. He could be right next door, if he didn't commit the crime it doesn't matter. Where is the blood evidence? where is the forensic evidence? Where are the weapons? We live in the GOLDEN AGE OF DNA - unrefutable proof of a persons innocence or guilt. You're playing that classic card "I don't know how you dun it, but I know you dun it." In the year 2014, DNA & Forensics is so advanced that it is impossible to kill anyone, and not leave something behind,microscopic blood on your clothes, gun residue, fingerprints, the corner of a shoeprint, flesh under the nails, hair etc.... No forensic evidence and this guy killed 5 people. He must be a Ninja of the highest order.

Lastly something an idiot like yourself could never understand is the human condition. To empathize with the defendant. Vincent Brothers was a middle school principle. He had 3 kids. Children were his life
all the time everyday. Of course he would want a break from the chaos every now and again. Who wouldn't? I probably would have affairs too just to get my mind off the stress. So if Vincent is having affairs, why suddenly ramp up to murdering his family? He can continue that without murder. What is the mindset?

"I know, I want to continue having affairs and be free of my family, so I will kill all of them, establish an alibi, and then live like the playboy I was meant to be"

Doesn't make sense

Even if they were divorcing, the mindset would be

"This ***** is taking everything, I will show her. I'll kill her and the kids establish an alibi, and collect the insurance and ride off into the sunset"

This mindset is somewhat believable, but Vincent was a middle school principle- It's a job for people who actually CARE about kids to some degree. He would rather divorce and struggle, and see the kids he loved sometime, than murder them in cold blood.

We all have the capacity to kill, but it takes a VERY SPECIAL individual to surround himself with children his whole life and then kill his whole family, including his kids, and infant. The prosecution painted him to be a Jekyll/Hyde type person, but in reality those type of people rarely exist. Most people follow a form of congruency, meaning they act the way they are, they think and do things within the confines of their personality. A vegetarian for 10 years, doesn't just chow down a bunch of steak and hamburgers for one weekend, just because.

Vincent Brothers is innocent, and was set-up by Bakersfield PD
Lol you just said that persons comment was stupid while making an even stupider comment well done that was the worst argument I've ever heard anyone make he's went to trial he is guilty end of story.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:01 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
I have researched the details of this case and from what I can see, Vincent Brothers is innocent of the first degree murder charge that he is currently serving.

I plan to grill the DA of Kern County as part of a college criminal justice class project. One way or another, I will do what I can to help Vincent Brothers become a free man. I have evaluated all of the facts of the facts of the case and nothing points to Vincent as the culprit behind the murders of his family members.

Who agrees with me on here??
Well, except for the evidence. There's that.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:07 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rie60 View Post
Just wanted to let you know you are right- Vincent did not do this. I wish someone would advocate for him. He was convicted based on bug fragments on his grill basically-He is a kind and gentle man- how did your project turn out?
Who was convicted of spousal abuse. Not too "kind and gentle" in that case, right?

Old 12-02-2015, 02:30 AM

3 posts, read 2,386 times
He is innocent . I wish womebody would help mr brothers because is a good person.. and doesnt dserve to be in jail for this he loves kids.. and they didnt even give him a chance. . In my oppinion it was that gay girl jodi was having a lesbien affair with. i met her b4 she is very weird.. she the only 1 who suposably found them dead .. her hair was found in the house as well as her prints she was never a suspect??

Last edited by didstar; 12-02-2015 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: FREE MR BROTHERS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California