Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:12 PM

75 posts, read 111,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yes it certainly is. Oakland is a very liberal city. It also has a sizable Mormon population complete with a nice temple. Mormons are not known for being liberal by any stretch.
Indeed! This is not typically what you hear about Oakland though!
Yet with that population do you think they carry votes? I don't think so. Even with all the pockets up here and the conservative base I am aware of I can say that when I go to vote and I see friends or neighbors heading in to vote as I exit I know my votes are about to be canceled out!

It is still predominantly liberal up here!... And still predominantly WET!!

Same with at least So OR. We have friends who moved up there and returned after a few years. Their comment was "it may seem nice from a far, but it is far from nice!" They felt it was so liberal, or so live and let live as I have heard it put, that nobody stands up for good or against bad.(Lots of school bullying, drugs etc.) Now I cannot say I know this first hand but I know this family detested southern OR for these reasons. As far as climate, say even as south as Brookings.... Well lets just say folks up there actually wear swim suits to the beach instead of hoodies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 07:34 PM

14 posts, read 67,287 times
Smile Colordo feels the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
I can assure than most if not all of Oregonians want nothing to do with anything "California". I can also tell you that, many years ago, when the exodus started to Seattle, city residents and Washingtonians from the west side of the state resented it and rebelled against it.

When the Californians moved in, the price of housing shot through the roof and they were hated. So much so that realtors advised any one with a Cal plate on their car to get it removed as soon as possible because of potential rage incidents and vandalism.

I doubt that much has changed.

I lived in Colorado Springs for a number of years and the "natives" were also complaining about the people from California moving in and upsetting the economic, as well as, the social structure of their great state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California