Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:03 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,400,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes, I do get it: you haven't the slightest perspective or knowledge of the subject you are commenting on.
I was kinda thinking that too. With all the right wing doom-and-gloom, was curious about some of the feedback here: How has this Recession affected your retirement plans?

Turns out that a lot of folks are really doing quite comfortably, and aside from one national study of about 150K retirees, apparently there's actually been very little hard data or research on how seniors are surviving the recession. Though that probably hasn't stopped The Blaze and other sensationalist ''info-tainment'' sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
Honorable mention to the oldsters who have to eat canned dog food towards the end of the month because of sending their pension money to ultra-wealthy religious charlatans like Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer and Paul/Jan Crouch.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,157,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
"were" I suppose.
I think these people mistake Los Angeles for California.

I for one, do not care why people leave California, just so long as they leave.
No, I make it a point to completely avoid Los Angeles. Especially anywhere near downtown.

Before I moved I lived in three different parts of Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles--San Fernado valley and the Pomona Area, and was in Riverside for twenty years. So I apply my wanting to leave standards to especially there, but the other areas too. Too many people, bad smog and to much rushing. One defines what makes up these things from personal likes.

As for reading the forum, and leaving posts, I spent all my life there. I long before thought there were too many people and grew up in smog. Just because I moved why does it mean my opinion doesn't matter? And I like to see what people are talking about. I would personally think it odd for a former resident to NOT be interested.

There seem to be some who are really interested why those of us who left passed the you are entering Arizona sign since threads are posted asking...

There are lots of theads which aren't of interest and you don't have to read them.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 PM

687 posts, read 1,486,876 times
This was lots of fun to read until about page 5.

What a bunch of party poopers.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,671,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post

Hey, I did the best I could with the sudden turn to seriousness on page 5.

Had to look into that "furlough" business though, sadly.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,194,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
There is a Flee, CA and I've been there. Its about 35 miles north of Fly the Coop, CA and around 15 miles SE of Head for the Hills, CA.
All of which are about 50 or 60 miles away from LeaveAsSoonAsYouCan, CA.

Quote:

Absolutely correct, time to get back to the serious business of being silly.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:22 PM

687 posts, read 1,486,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Absolutely correct, time to get back to the serious business of being silly.
I took the time to look up Pulgas. I thought it was worthwhile. (Clever-funny BTW) The furlough, whatever, don't remember what they were talking about. Decided to skip that.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I took the time to look up Pulgas. I thought it was worthwhile. (Clever-funny BTW) The furlough, whatever, don't remember what they were talking about. Decided to skip that.
That would probably be the best advice.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,635,114 times
Default Surf City here we come

I grew up in N. Ca. listening to all the surfing songs and dreaming about beautiful girls in bikini's on the beach. One of my first road trips after graduating H.S.'70 was down the Ca. coast in my new to me '67 Sting Ray. Radio playing the Beach Boys loud, man was I was thinking, cool. My map showed Surf, Ca. just west of Lompoc, which I read to be SURF CITY. This must be the spot! I still LOL.
40+ years later, traveled/worked in many places up and down the West Coast. From Seattle,Wa. to Oceanside,Ca. I'm now retired in a nice little Ca. beach town. California is a big state. Keep looking and you might find, Flee, Ca.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM

I actually haven't found Flee, CA. But I have found "Home is where the heart is", CA.

Some Beach Boys sounds appropriate for now though:

The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A. - YouTube

Fun Fun Fun- The Beach Boys - YouTube

PS: I will award bonus points if ya made the drive in a convertible t-bird.

Last edited by Senno; 03-07-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California