Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Personal space is not a legal concept. Something I do has to physically touch you to violate your rights.
Stick a knife 1" from someone's nose tell and me what the judge says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 11:30 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Personal space is not a legal concept. Something I do has to physically touch you to violate your rights.

Personal space is a new age, californiaish idea.
Just explaining a general rule. I can find the laws if I need to, which I frequently do.

You can easily violate my rights by infringing on my property as well.

And you didn't say anything about the law against smells I found...

Old 03-02-2013, 11:30 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:

Personal space is a new age, californiaish idea.
Balderdash.

You aren't even bothering to think before you post these declarations.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 PM

Personal space is legally defined:

Personal Space Law & Legal Definition

And seems to be recognized as a concept in Virginia. If it's good enough for the Virginia school of law it's good enough for me:

Quote:
If you see someone getting in your personal space in a menacing situation you can prepare for an attack:
http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/new...capdefense.htm

Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Nonsense from top to bottom.
There is no way our civilization functions without motor vehicles. We don't have the alternatives in place to allow commerce nor to allow private citizens to shop for groceries en-mass via public transit or shoe-leather.

Second-hand smoke IS an issue everywhere -- whether it has risen to the level of legislation yet in all places or not.

Confrontational isn't disgusting in the case of standing firm against threat. Smoking is disgusting.

Annoyingly loud music and other noise IS very much regulated. Again, I refer you to "public nuisance laws"

ALL states do indeed require mufflers. And it is a ticket you will receive repeatedly until you get one installed.

Not necessary to have a cop respond to a persistent noise complaint. I can file civil suit.

A zoning board will NOT allow a pig farm or waste treatment plant next to an existing residential area. Nope. And anyone who tries to bribe one of those through will be stopped cold in civil court along with the zoning board that takes the bribe. Never happen. Never.
Let me be specific.

Oil based vehicles are not a necessity. We could easily build a proper public transportation system if we wanted to. But profits are which is why we have them and you still breathe that smoke.

If it hasn't risen to a legal level then apparently it isn't a problem.

Confrontational is disgusting when not warranted.

Annoyingly loud music does not get stopped unless surpassing a legal limit.

All states don't require mufflers. I've had cars pass inspection with straight pipes. My car has straight pipes right this moment. No tickets so far or failed inspections. Hmmm...

Sue all you want, try and prove damages. And even if you do, try and collect...

Zoning boards can and have done outrageous things. Screaming otherwise changes nothing.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,354 times
Liberty is not 'off topic' here. IE, freedom of speech is not about what you like to hear; it's to protect what you don't like to hear.

And maybe that's just a little 'stenchy'.

I'm asking how much you are willing to put up with in your fellow citizens? What are your liberty 'boundaries'? But, maybe that's a bit too much to think about? Heh?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
What are your liberty 'boundaries'? But, maybe that's a bit too much to think about? Heh?
Asked and answered in plain english. Wasn't it simple enough for you to process?

Oh boy, one of those posters who thinks he has freedom of speech on this site. You have the freedoms the operator of the site grants you bub...

Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,354 times
I think the freedom of speech extends a B-I-T beyond CD!!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
I think the freedom of speech extends a B-I-T beyond CD!!
You would think wrong. They can and do enforce rules against your freedom of speech here on CD. Read the ToS that you agreed to when you joined the site...

Your freedom of speech is not absolute in any case.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
You would think wrong. They can and do enforce rules against your freedom of speech. Read the ToS that you agreed to when you joined the site...
Indeed FoS applies to govt. Not private forums like CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California