Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 07:20 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
And that, gentlemen, is why the null has never been able to cut the cord and return full time to California even when sopping wet, chilled, and depressed! (Uh, note on that "Banana Belt", Mateo ... Still not exactly "Banana", banana ... don't want anybody getting the idea it is sunny and warm. I live in those San Juan's ... Why do you think I still need my California and Hawaii time?)
null, you're holding on to your secret Bananas once I see! Ok, come clean and tell us about that sun you're keepin' all to yourself up thar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You live in the San Juan's? Lucky dog! They get a bit more sunshine than Seattle, but I've been through some pretty rainy, miserable summers there. Still, a great place to live, though. Great place to raise kids.
Don't hardly get but a few minutes more sun now and again than the rest of the Sound. That's exactly the myth I referred to. We do, however, get less rainfall. But even there, nothing dries out even in the islands except for July, August, and usually most of September. Then I head back to California

But rain does make green. And I'm good with a fair amount of rain days. Lying in my bunk on the boat in Pearl Harbor most of the past couple days. Over 4" of rain last night and still a frog-strangler so far today ... Blowing horizontal too ... Course it's mid-70's and the sun will be out tomorrow for days on end to showcase the tropical jungle green and flowers everywhere.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
null, you're holding on to your secret Bananas once I see! Ok, come clean and tell us about that sun you're keepin' all to yourself up thar.
No no no ... Hiding out in Hawaii at the moment. Been here since mid-November. Watching the weather shift favorably for my soon return to Moss Landing and kayaking in the estuary. When the Central Coast is firmly in the mid-60's and low 70's, I'm there! Until the NW catches up. Fickle basta*d, ain't I?

Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Don't hardly get but a few minutes more sun now and again than the rest of the Sound. That's exactly the myth I referred to. We do, however, get less rainfall. But even there, nothing dries out even in the islands except for July, August, and usually most of September. Then I head back to California

But rain does make green. And I'm good with a fair amount of rain days. Lying in my bunk on the boat in Pearl Harbor most of the past couple days. Over 4" of rain last night and still a frog-strangler so far today ... Blowing horizontal too ... Course it's mid-70's and the sun will be out tomorrow for days on end to showcase the tropical jungle green and flowers everywhere.
Let's see from WA's banana belt, to CA then on to HI yearly. I think I could get used to that.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Let's see from WA's banana belt, to CA then on to HI yearly. I think I could get used to that.
Rugged duty. But someone's got to patrol the American sector of the Pacific rim. Otherwise the Canuks would over-run it all.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Rugged duty. But someone's got to patrol the American sector of the Pacific rim. Otherwise the Canuks would over-run it all.
I thought I noticed them getting a little shifty eyed around the border. Them mounties is some suspicious bastages.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I thought I noticed them getting a little shifty eyed around the border. Them mounties is some suspicious bastages.
I've been sounding the alarm for years and years. Californians are worried about the wrong border. Guard your lemons! Mexico's got its own produce. Canada? Now you all get it?

Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
I've been sounding the alarm for years and years. Californians are worried about the wrong border. Guard your lemons! Mexico's got its own produce. Canada? Now you all get it?
I'm afraid I may have been lulled to sleep in my youth by Dudley Do Right. This is a long term conspiracy, clearly. I see the light. It all fits so neatly. It's the perfect plan, so they can escape their bad weather.

Holy Cow, my baby sitter and family here must of been a scouting. They went back to Canada when I was 12. Tricky sending down a cute baby sitter. They were named Fox, that's kind of tricky right there...

Old 03-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
And that, gentlemen, is why the null has never been able to cut the cord and return full time to California even when sopping wet, chilled, and depressed! (Uh, note on that "Banana Belt", Mateo ... Still not exactly "Banana", banana ... don't want anybody getting the idea it is sunny and warm. I live in those San Juan's ... Why do you think I still need my California and Hawaii time?)
Oh yeah, used to keep my boat in Anacortes and go ''gunkholing'' all over up there (also great place for crabbing, right)?! And yes, ''banana belt'' is strictly a relative term, though it was always pretty cool to drive up from Seattle on a rainy overcast day and right around mid-Whidbey, it would literally be like suddenly passing thru a ''curtain'' into clear skies! Sure there are micro-climates here, but nuthin' like that! Although I always pitied those poor SOB's in Bellingham where all that rain got diverted to. But that's the one thing I do miss in CA, is lotsa easily-accessible islands to explore!!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEnjoyBeer View Post
I noticed that myself.

We drove from SF to the Muir Woods last August and the temp went up ~25 degrees.
The nice part about inland areas of the Bay Area is they are warm but usually not super hot like the inland areas of SoCal. Some of the inland areas are a bit chillier in winter as well, but the biggest temperature differences are in summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California