Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 13,033 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Carpinteria. If we move sooner than later we will be bringing a 16 year old daughter with us to finish two years of highschool.

I have read mostly bad stats and comments about the public highschools in Carpinteria, including that the education level is bad and that there is a big problem with drugs, gangs and violence. However, these posts were several years old and I couldn't find anything very current.

I would appreciate any objective information on the public highschools, focusing on education quality and gangs, drugs, etc... Also how hard it might be for a new kid to fit in, another words are the kids very friendly.

I know there are some private high schools. Does anyone know how much they cost?

Another setiment I found about Carpinteria is that the powers that be cover up the negative aspects of living there and do not address them, i.e. gangs, noise pollution from the traffic, trains, etc... Any comments on this would be appreciated as well. In general the pros and cons of living there and if it is a good idea to bring a teenage girl there who at this point is happy and an excellent student.

Thanks you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 07:47 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
It's a small town, I will reply with what little I know from living here. Latina clicks are real in Carpinteria. Not good. My wife's friend had a daughter going thru school in Carp., she had problems with the girl click/gangs. She is white. Neighbors with a daughter moved to Goleta for the better schools. We still see them and they miss Carpinteria compaired to Goleta/Santa Barbara.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 13,033 times
Default moving to Carpinteria

Thank you for your input. We are thinking we should wait to move there after she is off to college or put her in private school. Do you know anything about the private schools - gangs? Also, how do you like living there?

Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 AM

7 posts, read 22,707 times
Carpinteria is a small beach town, It is beautiful and laid back. There is a large Hispanic population in the area due to agriculture in the area, avacado's and flowers. The community takes great pride in it's high school. Carpinteria is a town where people don't leave so you have kids whose parents and grandparents have gone there. I am Caucasian and wouldn't be worried about my child going to school in Carpinteria. There is a small gang in town but most of those kids are weeded out by high school and either dropped out of school, or at the continuation school. My girl friend attended school in Carpinteria and her, her group of friends, and brothers and sisters have all become productive members of society. As for private schools there is cate school in Carpinteria, Bishop Diego in Santa Barbara, and St. Bonnaventure in Ventura.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:53 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlynne View Post
Thank you for your input. We are thinking we should wait to move there after she is off to college or put her in private school. Do you know anything about the private schools - gangs?
I'm retired married without children. I don't know about gangs. Almost zero crime. Carp paper Coastal View, every Thursday and @ Carpinteria Coastal View News - Weekly news from the Carpinteria Valley in California..
Also, how do you like living there?
Yes, this is a beautiful little walkable, friendly town which I like very much. Great place to retire. Weather is not to cold or hot either.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM

7 posts, read 21,678 times
Carp high is perfectly fine! I am 22 and when I was in high school I had a friend transfer from Santa Barbara High to Carp because it is much nicer. Don't be fooled by private schools that's where rich parents send their druggie trouble making kids thinking that it will fix the problem. Dos Pueblos in Goleta is the best public school in the area for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California