Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 02:12 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times

Advertisements

No sense of humor, eh?
And a personal attack to go with? Tch.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,397,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
No sense of humor, eh?
And a personal attack to go with? Tch.
Nothing funny about stupid politicians

Not everyone in TX voted for Bush. But don't blame it on Texans. Blame it on the confused US voters. They not only voted in little Bush twice (although I doubt the second term was won fair and square...recall the dimmpled chad? ) they also voted in Bush Sr.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I disagree ... and every late-night comedian -- and most every other kind of comedian -- agrees with me.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Not everyone in TX voted for Bush. But don't blame it on Texans. Blame it on the confused US voters. They not only voted in little Bush twice (although I doubt the second term was won fair and square...recall the dimmpled chad? ) they also voted in Bush Sr.
True. Not every Texan voted for Bush. But the majority of Texans voted for Rick Perry -- 3x !!!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,672,432 times
Non-native Son by Senno

Now I was born
in Washington
Moved here when I was seven
And adopted the land
So's I take the time
to tease the ex-pats
and let em now
we ain't standin for that
Poor ol' Leonard
got the Fresno show
and as USC found out
it's a tough go
We bring it hard
and we bring it fast
but mostly for fun
and a few laughs
but you don't wanna be
in the doghouse
as I might just not
let you on out.
You might win one
But you will know
that Fresno showed up
and darn near stole the show.

Fresno State teaches USC humility 101

Fresno State Holds on for 65-60 win against USC

Equal time for the con.. err Trojans of USC...

No. 1 USC Earns Hard Fought Win Over No. 16 Fresno State - University of Southern California Official Athletic Site

Old 03-13-2013, 02:26 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,672,432 times
David Bowie:

David Bowie
Was a mighty man
Washed his hair
with a frying pan
Wait a minute
that's been done before
but I don't find his concerts
a big bore
he's a bit of a spaceman
with that I agree
he's got a mighty
music pedigree
But I'll take CCR
straight out of the bayou
I'm no fortunate son
But I ain't that bad off
here on my acre
in Mighty Fresno.

David Bowie's "Space Oddity" - YouTube

Schilling cause I like the song:

Peter Schilling - Major Tom - Video Dailymotion

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Fortunate Son - YouTube

Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM

102,055 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:

The American public NEVER voted baby Bush in. Congress investigated voter suppression in BOTH elections, and found that Bush lost both of them. This is part of the Congressional record, not a conspiracy theory. In NM, it was proven in court that the state had given faulty voting machines to poor Hispanic and Native American communities, that were set up to register a blank for the Presidential vote. (Those communities are pretty staunchly Democrat.) After that lawsuit, NM has been required to use paper ballots in every election. There were other shenanigans all over Ohio, Florida and elsewhere, preventing liberal voters from casting a vote. Overall, Congress found that Kerry would have won the election by a good margin.

The American public did NOT place Bush Jr. in the White House. King George pulled a couple of fast ones, and appointed himself.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
True. Not every Texan voted for Bush. But the majority of Texans voted for Rick Perry -- 3x !!!
But Rick Perry really does not do much for the state of TX. He just protects most of the laws that have been in place long before he came into position.

At least he did not destroy the great state of TX

He might not be bright on many issues but he certainly knows how to keep a state in a good economic status.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The American public NEVER voted baby Bush in. Congress investigated voter suppression in BOTH elections, and found that Bush lost both of them. This is part of the Congressional record, not a conspiracy theory. In NM, it was proven in court that the state had given faulty voting machines to poor Hispanic and Native American communities, that were set up to register a blank for the Presidential vote. (Those communities are pretty staunchly Democrat.) After that lawsuit, NM has been required to use paper ballots in every election. There were other shenanigans all over Ohio, Florida and elsewhere, preventing liberal voters from casting a vote. Overall, Congress found that Kerry would have won the election by a good margin.

The American public did NOT place Bush Jr. in the White House. King George pulled a couple of fast ones, and appointed himself.
Well TX certainly is not to blame for this. Again you can thank the US population.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM

102,055 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:
Well TX certainly is not to blame for this. Again you can thank the US population.
No, you can thank the Republican Party. In the last election, they were caught in the act of intimidating voters, and trying to mislead them into thinking ID was required at the polls and other trickery. Congress had to take swift action to put an end to some of that, and monitor the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California