Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:29 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
The deniers know that these high CA taxes are a mistake. But they are determined to defend them. Using the usual methods of denying that they are high, refusing to acknowledge facts and then attacking the person who complains about them (example: Phil Michelson).

Be interesting to look back in a year or two. I'll bet that this 13% nonsense does not produce additional tax revenue. Those smart enough to earn the money to put them in the 13% bracket are not so dumb as to pay it. They will dodge it or move out-of-state. And we'll be poorer when they are gone.
Oh nose! I see our future now in sunshine's light!

Moderator cut: Photo URL Links have been edited, click on URL to view photo
If you do not own the pictures or you do not have permision from the owners to use those pictures, then do not post them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pdcBV-zgQ4...beggars300.jpg

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-23-2013 at 09:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Forgot method #32 used by the deniers. "Money isn't everything". "Money won't buy happiness". So give it willingly to the tax man. He needs it more than you do. He will make better use of it than you will. Stop complaining you greedy, selfish hard-working taxpayer.
Now you're getting it ...

Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
They will dodge it or move out-of-state. And we'll be poorer when they are gone.
Two questions:
1: How come you ain't dodging the taxes?
2. You are going to stay and complain instead of doing something about your terrible tax burden?

Quote:
Then why hit a smart, hard working person with a high income tax? Do you want to decrease his productive activity?
Huh, smart people are not paying high income tax, that appears to be limited to the ,..... welll...... not smart

Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
why hit a smart, hard working person with a high income tax? Do you want to decrease his productive activity?
Maybe he didn't work very hard for that mountain of dough. Some people are "worth" millions of dollars, but did they really put out as much back-breaking effort as the typical blue-collar worker to earn it? Magical things like tax breaks, loopholes, tax shelters, insider trading, interest, inheritance, paid-off lobbyists and legislators...lots of money, not lots of work. Yet we have to keep bribing these people so they can remain our "friends", or to remain productive (assuming such persons are actually involved in the production of anything)?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 PM

364 posts, read 611,134 times
What's the top rate on high-achievers in Texas?

And your conscience still lets you make that false asertion that you have repeated in point A? Guess I ought not be surprised.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:

And your conscience still lets you make that false asertion that you have repeated in point A? Guess I ought not be surprised.
Really, think about it. If you are paying high income tax, just how smart are you? I can tell you how to reduce your state income tax legally to 0 or near 0, but, I shan't..

Here is what you need to think about, smart people in CA pay less tax than smart or dumb people in Texas. If you cannot figure this out, please feel free to keep writing those checks.

Remember, in CA, you can choose how much to pay, in states without state income tax, you cannot.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:

You still haven't answered my question about "high achievers" ... Is money the only definer of achievement in your world?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM

364 posts, read 611,134 times
I thought that you guys are always against stereotypes. But no problem putting forth the screwy notion that wealthy people did not work for their money? Seldom true. Talk to some wealthy people. While you quitters are home glued to the tube at 10 pm many achievers are still in their offices. I often am.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I thought that you guys are always against stereotypes. But no problem putting forth the screwy notion that wealthy people did not work for their money? Seldom true. Talk to some wealthy people. While you quitters are home glued to the tube at 10 pm many achievers are still in their offices. I often am.
You are evading the truth, not every one is stating that wealthy did not work for it, but, I can tell you that the tax rate for lower middle class and the poor is far less in CA than in Texas.

You appear to like paying California taxes, gives you something to whine about.

by 10PM I am sound asleep. Comes from making good decisions.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
You still haven't answered my question about "high achievers" ... Is money the only definer of achievement in your world?
Well...what else is there?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-23-2013 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Photo copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California