Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,508 times

Advertisements

The below is from 2009 but is still very true. In many ways California is almost ungoverable and here is a list of the top six reasons (from Prop 13 to the constitutional requirement of a 2/3rd vote to pass a budget or raise taxes). There is plenty of blame to go around.

Six reasons why California is ungovernable

Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I see no correlation between a city and a state that have nothing in common.Correct. Especially when the state is bigger than many countries in the world and endowed with incomparable resources.

Have you ever been to Detroit or Michigan? I was born and raised in the upper mid-west (Minnesota). I repeat, there is no correlation to California.
I'm originally from the east coast and actually pretty familiar with both MI & MN, so settle down, and BTW please don't preach to me.

Am not comparing Detroit to anywhere, only the rustbelt phenomenon that it's a common example of. And I'm simply suggesting that we're gonna see an analogy with the emergence of new ''rust belt'' areas, if not whole ''rust belt'' states... that will also gradually be left behind in the tech-oriented ''New Economy''. Fortunately this state will not be one of them, though I fear some parts of the state might be.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times

From the Terms Of Service (TOS) Terms Of Service:

Quote:
All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
This thread is closed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: