Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Hi,

A couple of reasons for being here, besides Senno's bad poetry that is.

1. I have family in CA
2. I have friends in CA
3. I have a business in CA and employees there
4. I grew up there and like to keep in contact with what is happening
5. The TN forum is boring as not much to complain about crops up
6. One day if I make that multi million deal (I am not holding my breath) I may buy a retirement or winter home there.

Oh and to provide balance in the commenting.
China is a growing power house. But so are we. If they manage to become great capitalists I think that's not a bad thing, and what Nixon intended when he opened up China. It would be great if they would devise their own stuff, and not steal our ideas though. They are 5 times our population or so. They can't be The Hermit Kingdom forever.

If you hit it big I'm available for adoption. Don't tell my parents though.

Hi, Dad. How's that sound to ya Leonard. OK?

Or do ya prefer "My Man in Tennessee"? You're choice.

Check out my newest serious topic in Free Chat, Leonard. I discuss famous crimes and criminals in the valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 AM

880 posts, read 1,415,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
China is a growing power house. But so are we. If they manage to become great capitalists I think that's not a bad thing, and what Nixon intended when he opened up China. It would be great if they would devise their own stuff, and not steal our ideas though. They are 5 times our population or so. They can't be The Hermit Kingdom forever.

If you hit it big I'm available for adoption. Don't tell my parents though.

Hi, Dad. How's that sound to ya Leonard. OK?

Or do ya prefer "My Man in Tennessee"? You're choice.

Check out my newest serious topic in Free Chat, Leonard. I discuss famous crimes and criminals in the valley.
Hi,

I do business with Chinese companies and limit the technology they can receive due to intellectual property theft. If they want to spend their money here let them, most of it originated here. They can't take property back to China so CA and other States benefit from the purchase. Mind you it doesn't help the family trying to buy a home much, but ... that is life in CA (and most everywhere else) except TN as I have friends who are agents and no Chinese money here, yet.

No I will NOT adopt you. Bad enough family tree as it is.

My man is better than My woman or similar.

I figure free chat is worth what you pay for it. oops this forum is free too. Humm, I may check it out.

If it is about Fresno ... well other areas of CA are far more appealing to me.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Hi,

I do business with Chinese companies and limit the technology they can receive due to intellectual property theft. If they want to spend their money here let them, most of it originated here. They can't take property back to China so CA and other States benefit from the purchase. Mind you it doesn't help the family trying to buy a home much, but ... that is life in CA (and most everywhere else) except TN as I have friends who are agents and no Chinese money here, yet.

No I will NOT adopt you. Bad enough family tree as it is.

My man is better than My woman or similar.

I figure free chat is worth what you pay for it. oops this forum is free too. Humm, I may check it out.

If it is about Fresno ... well other areas of CA are far more appealing to me.
I just wrote some poems about the Fresno Road Show visiting Camarillo for a soccer tourney over the weekend. Didn't see much of Cam other than the hotel and the soccer fields though along with mountains in the background and freeways. It was beautiful down there though. A fine time was had by all.

China had better watch out or we will buy up all their land. They keep trying to sell us land in that mega expanding desert they have over there, and we ain't falling for that. We want the good land.

The worlds largest McDonalds is in China. Last time I checked McDonalds was an American corp. We've been investing over there for decades, turnaround is fair play in my book.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Hmmm...must be plotting to move massive amounts of people into these...but who? Or: Built entire real cities to be smooshed for epic action movies. The Chinese Godzilla cometh!

The "golf course" in northern Iceland isn't exactly the most clever ruse they've proposed. Sounds more like something a North Korea official would come up with.

Around here: They already own Cupertino. Nothing to fear. 'Cept the Marina Market's scent takes a bit of getting used to.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The "golf course" in northern Iceland isn't exactly the most clever ruse they've proposed. Sounds more like something a North Korea official would come up with.
I'm impressed as hell. Of course, I don't golf. And I do smoke dope. So -

Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I'm impressed as hell. Of course, I don't golf. And I do smoke dope. So -
Well, our hs golf team used to win matches high (we played better that way, actually), but doing it in northern Iceland is a non-starter. Even with dayglo golf balls. Methinks they're up to something a bit more ambitious than a frosty links course up there.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Its already happening. Unfortunately.
Back when the AK-47 smuggling incident happened about 15 years ago, one of the key ports of entry was the Port of Oakland. Cosco ... of course. How many of those weapons were destined for bangers and cartelistas?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Hmmm...must be plotting to move massive amounts of people into these...but who? Or: Built entire real cities to be smooshed for epic action movies. The Chinese Godzilla cometh!

Around here: They already own Cupertino. Nothing to fear. 'Cept the Marina Market's scent takes a bit of getting used to.
More of a Taiwanese diaspora in that case although the Mainlanders are there as well as a certain fraction.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 AM

880 posts, read 1,415,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Or the short answer like Senno says... you're lonely and you miss us!!

Kinda like a former ''stalker'' girlfriend also once ''missed me mightily'' (...LOL)! Nah, am all for ''cross-cultural'' ties, especially in what many are calling the Pacific Century... it's where the world is headed and we're just on the leading edge here. Or (lib-rul) bleeding edge as the case may be!
Well not lonely at all. I do miss family and friends but I miss the family and friends I have in about a dozen States, including 6 I have lived in besides TN, so CA is not unique in that respect.

Now I will admit I miss the So Cal beaches.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sorry but dollar amounts aside, by my estimation California is China's #1 target as far as industrial espionage...the fed needs to closely monitor this.

China's Investment Surge in Silicon Valley | Northern California | Asia Society
Actually I suspect there's less risk from a military espionage standpoint, than from China's propensity for blatant copies of anything and everything, like these Chinese knockoffs of BMWs, Hondas, Mercedes, Volvos, Audis, etc. (the originals are on the left)!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California