Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:38 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times

Advertisements

Hello guys. I hope this helps. My friend's parents moved to Yuba city and bought a huge 3150 square foot 5/3/2 house for $499k! Its only 103 miles from San F. If $500k is too much theres plenty of 1200-1500 foot houses for around $250k! Very affordable California living and its an easy(but not always short) commute to other cities!

[moderator cut]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 AM

371 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Yea and Yuba City is such a nice place to live.....

Old 10-09-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstuff View Post
Yea and Yuba City is such a nice place to live.....

I cant speak from experience but my friend whos parents now live in Yuba said he doesnt like that city, too small, not enough activities for a young college guy like him. Its not for everyone but if its for you, the savings are huge!

By the way, I found some cheaper(relativately speaking) areas in San Diego and they are not bad areas. I was discussing this with my friend and Scripps Ranch is a great area and houses are cheaper there. Were talking about $300 a square foot. This compared to the median per square foot cost of $400-450!
Nice almost new big houses of 3000 living square feet, 5/3/2 are going for $900k. With the house bubble deflating, I am seeing lots of nice middle class houses at the half million mark, some even at $400k. Size ranges from 1200 to almost 2000 square feet!

Old 10-09-2006, 04:13 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Hello guys. I hope this helps. My friend's parents moved to Yuba city and bought a huge 3150 square foot 5/3/2 house for $499k! Its only 103 miles from San F. If $500k is too much theres plenty of 1200-1500 foot houses for around $250k! Very affordable California living and its an easy(but not always short) commute to other cities!

[moderator cut]
Who wants to commute like that everyday though....Yuba is not worth it in my opinion. I know your just trying to help though.....

Last edited by shannon94; 10-09-2006 at 05:29 PM..

Old 10-09-2006, 04:14 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
By the way, I found some cheaper(relativately speaking) areas in San Diego and they are not bad areas. I was discussing this with my friend and Scripps Ranch is a great area and houses are cheaper there. Were talking about $300 a square foot. This compared to the median per square foot cost of $400-450!
Nice almost new big houses of 3000 living square feet, 5/3/2 are going for $900k. With the house bubble deflating, I am seeing lots of nice middle class houses at the half million mark, some even at $400k. Size ranges from 1200 to almost 2000 square feet!
What specific properties are you talking about? There is nothing detached in Scripps Ranch that meets those specs that I've seen.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:23 PM

480 posts, read 1,916,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Who wants to commute like that everyday though....Yuba is not worth it in my opinion.
Move to the Midwest, spend $120k, and have a 20 minute commute!

(sorry...I just love picking on Californians...)

Old 10-09-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post

lol...I left Calif for Texas......spent less than 100k and I have a 7 min commute..hubby works from home.....yea!!!

P.S. LOVE THE SCREEN NAME.....THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Who wants to commute like that everyday though....Yuba is not worth it in my opinion. I know your just trying to help though.....

If I had a 6 figure job there, it would be worth the long commute. I could get lots of house in Yuba, enjoy the high salary and enjoy all that California has to offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
What specific properties are you talking about? There is nothing detached in Scripps Ranch that meets those specs that I've seen.

Just search realtor dot com. Type in San Diego and youll find it. Whoa I found a 3990 square feet estate house in Area: RANCHO BERNARDO
Subdivision: 4S Ranch, Terreno. My friend who lives in SD said its a good neighboor of mostly older people but who cares, its not age restricted.
The seller wants at least $999k for it(starting offer, if no one else offers higher, its yours) This comes out to $250(rounded to nearest dollar) a square foot!(unless someone beats your offer) Very good deal for an upper middle class neighboor in expensive San Diego California!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post

Thats what some people are doing. Those who have the money can get a very nice house for under a million, heck even half million in some areas. Prices have gone down, the bubble has deflated!

Old 10-10-2006, 06:38 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Need_affordable...

PPSF goes down as property size goes up. A small house will have a higher PPSF than a large house. PPSF is best used when comparing identical properties... i.e. condos in the same building. The value of a detached house is usually in the land, not the structure. Check your tax asessment sometime - the house actually *depreciates*.

you haven't shown me the 400k detached home in Scripps Ranch. 999k isn't exactly what I'd consider affordable, at any size.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
If I had a 6 figure job there, it would be worth the long commute. I could get lots of house in Yuba, enjoy the high salary and enjoy all that California has to offer!

Just search realtor dot com. Type in San Diego and youll find it. Whoa I found a 3990 square feet estate house in Area: RANCHO BERNARDO
Subdivision: 4S Ranch, Terreno. My friend who lives in SD said its a good neighboor of mostly older people but who cares, its not age restricted.
The seller wants at least $999k for it(starting offer, if no one else offers higher, its yours) This comes out to $250(rounded to nearest dollar) a square foot!(unless someone beats your offer) Very good deal for an upper middle class neighboor in expensive San Diego California!

Thats what some people are doing. Those who have the money can get a very nice house for under a million, heck even half million in some areas. Prices have gone down, the bubble has deflated!
NAH....Lol...your so entertaining!! You act like everyone in Cali has a 6 figure job. They don't. Not by far. Even a 6 figure job doesn't get you much at present. Please do more research on California incomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California