U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 AM

8 posts, read 16,220 times

Advertisements

Like many people on here, I am looking to relocate! Grew up in ny on Long Island and like others am very over the high cost of living for not really what it's worth.

I have always figured I would move to California, either oc or San Diego. I have visited both and loved both! I am so ready to move some days because of different opportunities there that we don't have here and of course for the weather. But it is also for what California has to offer with things to do, places to eat and there is so much to do there for kids. I always figured I would raise my kids there one day.

Sometimes I feel like being from the east coast I won't be able to adjust to the west coast. It's definitely a much different way of life there and in my eyes a better one. There are some days where I am so ready to move but then others I think about not having the change of seasons and ny is super crowded just like ca and I hate it so why put my self in somewhere just as crowded.

If I were to stay on the east coast I would move to either ri or ma. I definitely love a good fall and a few snow falls during the holidays and I like towns with a small town New England feeling which I know is more east coast.

Anyone move from east coast to west and hated it or loved it? Any advice would be great! I have a few friends that moved and some loved it and some moved back because they hated it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 AM

3,879 posts, read 6,122,959 times
Well since no one has replied yet I wil get things started. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, lived in NY (Manhatten, Brooklyn, Queens and L.I.) before moving West. Life out west is very different as you've stated. California, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful states in the U.S. The laid back vibe, ocean and weather are tough to beat. But, the cost of living can be pretty expensive and there are lots of people, especially in San Diego. I have driven in NY traffic and California traffic and to me it's worse in California. I love the sunshine and you will get much more of it in California than NY. There are quaint towns in both states, but the true change of seasons you're used to don't really occur out here unless you live in the mountains, which usually means you are far from the beach. It's not an easy decision to make because Both states have their pros and cons. They also have their similarities. The largest difference, in my opinion, would be lifestyle, which can make all the difference in the world.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 AM

20,381 posts, read 20,528,170 times
I have several east coast friends, who moved here from Boston, DC and NY (one was from Nassau County). They all pretty much love it and won't be going back to their origins anytime soon. The weather and laid back style is what they tell me that they enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: