Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:46 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
We know they're not illegals, at least not illegals from Mexico as the net immigration rate (legal or other wise) from Mexico is zero right now. It has been zero for half a decade now.

Cal. likely received many who fled AZ over the past couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So was the deficit for years and years. Gone now. Surplus of cash on hand. And have you noticed how lots of pension funds across the nation have recovered since the stock market is back up? But you have inside information that ours won't perform like all the rest. Got it.
LOL! Keep dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Still waiting for you to tell us who these lower wage workers are...

Quote:
Okay. So, do you have an answer?

Industries which hired those with a minimal skill set.

Quote:
... and who they are replacing in what industries. Seriously interested to hear about this.
I’m not sure who they are replacing. I’m not sure there is a demand there for a growing supply of such workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 AM

444 posts, read 665,595 times
John3232 you offer nothing but groundless claims and witless remarks, time to save face and give the I'll have the last word even though I've proven nothing! crap a rest.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
John3232 you offer nothing but groundless claims and witless remarks, time to save face and give the I'll have the last word even though I've proven nothing! crap a rest.
And you are an idiot.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:33 AM

444 posts, read 665,595 times
. . says the guy who can't think of anything clever to say. Just like all his posts in this thread.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:56 AM

Look, I’m not trying to pick a fight here but until the financial problems surrounding the public pensions are addressed expect things to get worse. My guess is Brown hopes future court rulings will force public unions into making serous across the board concessions.

As far as the population growth goes the state is a magnet for the undocumented and the true numbers nobody really wants to know. Those fleeing the state often go to places like Gilbert and Chandler in AZ where the typical ex-Cal family earns $60-70 grand like my renters.

Unless things change Cal will continue to have a growing under-class, a dwindling middle class and an increasing unhappy upper-class forced to cover the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California