Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 11:36 PM

493 posts, read 783,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Cousin, do you have food stores in your neighborhood? You know lots of people abuse food? Grocery stores get robbed and bad people steal to eat.

Here's the thing, cousin, all kinds of people abuse all kinds of things. People are a mess in general. But not everybody is the same. I did a few years in helicopters pulling really messed up people out of the jungle. Then I raised a couple kids and spent 40 years as a printer. Never fired. Never missed a day's work. Smoking weed and eating brownies all the aforementioned.

You in your 40's and you can't see your arrogance but you talk about maturity? Believe it's time for me to fire one up and chuckle.
ye'ap, we even got them gott **** starbucks, that i personally think shd be rounded and tried under the same laws as meth pushers. but theres those dang pesky federal laws that allow them to operate

you know the same federal laws that allow all kids to get an education, prevent states from segregation based on race or gender, also classify marijuana as a controlled substance.

call me goody two shoes, but we dont get to pick which federal laws are right or wrong.

if it was all yakkity *** on a internet msg board that'd be one thing. but the practical side is, our circumvention of federal law, has turned us into a haven for drug abusers. the more drug users, the bigger the drug market.

i wouldnt pretend to be clue into mexican mafia life, but i do know that they have very little overhead, theyre always going to be able to supply cheaper than any legalized taxed system. hence hick**** towns like stockton being turned into motherfarking war zones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
ye'ap, we even got them gott **** starbucks, that i personally think shd be rounded and tried under the same laws as meth pushers. but theres those dang pesky federal laws that allow them to operate

you know the same federal laws that allow all kids to get an education, prevent states from segregation based on race or gender, also classify marijuana as a controlled substance.

call me goody two shoes, but we dont get to pick which federal laws are right or wrong.

if it was all yakkity *** on a internet msg board that'd be one thing. but the practical side is, our circumvention of federal law, has turned us into a haven for drug abusers. the more drug users, the bigger the drug market.

i wouldnt pretend to be clue into mexican mafia life, but i do know that they have very little overhead, theyre always going to be able to supply cheaper than any legalized taxed system. hence hick**** towns like stockton being turned into motherfarking war zones.
Ok, you're a goody-two-shoes ... but I will agree I'm with you on the Starbucks ...

That said, circumvention of [bad] federal laws hasn't turned us into a haven for drug abusers any more than legalizing food has turned us into a nation of overweight people. We do that all on our own -- because we can -- legal or not. You say you are in your 40's? That is seriously enough time to have noticed that alcohol [and drugs] have been abused around the world since beer began brewing in the neolithic age. This isn't new. This isn't limited to California.

Now as to Stockton being a war zone: I don't like Stockton one bit -- but nuh-uh, you obviously haven't been in a war zone.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 PM

166 posts, read 281,808 times
Much obliged John. Hang in there amigo. Keep on keepin on!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM

166 posts, read 281,808 times
Alcohol abuse leads to liver cancer and death. Smoking cigarettes causes lung cancer. Smoking medical cannabis with a Vaporizer AND edible Cannabis is proven to have healing properties and is not cancer causing.

Am I right or wrong?

Old 05-29-2013, 12:19 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Yes to the first two and I don't know about the last but I'll tell you one thing. If smoking it makes you feel better, then do it. Life is short and it shouldn't be lived in chronic pain, especially if there is something that will help ease it.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleto84 View Post
Alcohol abuse leads to liver cancer and death. Smoking cigarettes causes lung cancer. Smoking medical cannabis with a Vaporizer AND edible Cannabis is proven to have healing properties and is not cancer causing. Am I right or wrong?
More correct than not. But, as much as I am defending medical marijuana -- hell, I defend recreational marijuana -- what the Mutt said in an earlier post is the key: not everybody is the same. Some people can handle it, mentally, physically, emotionally - and some can't, one of those ways or in combinations. For that matter, some people can smoke cigarettes and not get cancer or have much negative impact on their health otherwise either ... but most do suffer, badly. Point being, each person has to evaluate for themselves. Human nature being what it is, most people are going to lean on something, whether it is actually beneficial or not. Nothing new about that.

Marijuana will cause depression in some people, take it away in others. Cause pain to intensify for some, relieve it for others. For the majority of people, it is far less pernicious and destructive than either booze or other drugs, including most prescription pharmaceuticals. I can't even stand being very relaxed, let alone high. So I don't use anything. I got a 47-year-old problem with hyper-vigilance. Others with my problem thrive on toning things down ... their lives are improved. I literally go into seizure zones if I am not in full control of my body at all times. That's why I just live better with pain than lots of other people. I don't like pain ... it just reminds me I am alive, and I like alive

Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 AM

23 posts, read 19,522 times
Quote:
y call me goody two shoes, but we dont get to pick which federal laws are right or wrong.
Yeah, we can. It's called having a conscious.
On the legal side, it might lead to jury nullification in case of a trial. Or simply changing the law when people feel it's wrong. Simple enough to me.

Last edited by JohnYossarian; 05-29-2013 at 12:34 AM..

Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Quote:
the emerald triangle is the coastal counties of far northern california, sonoma co north of jenner, mendocino, & humboldt.
That's a straight line, not a triangle.
The Emerald Triangle is actually Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties....that makes a triangle.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
I just re-read this entire discussion which happens to be mostly an off topic debate. There is a bit of mis-information due to myopic views. As much as I would like to contribute to the debate, I won't because I have already said it elsewhere on CD and we are supposed to stay on topic.
However, I will say this- I have lived in the Emerald Triangle for over 20 years and still do. If one wants to experience a marijuana culture as 'pure' as it can be, go to Garberville and stay a while.
It's a quiet and peaceful place compared to the cities. Other than the big leaf on the sign for a gift shop called 'The Hemp Connection', one who did not know it was a marijuana driven community would never suspect it to be so.
There are the meth users, but not any more than most places, and if anything, due to the rural nature of the area, these people are not much of a problem like they are in the cities.

For the OP- after rereading your 'terms' as to where ad what you would like to have, I suggest that you look around the Santa Rosa area. Not Santa Rosa itself, that's too much city for you as I understand it. But perhaps Healdburg or Sabastapol.
This would put you close to the SF airport, you would have a 24hr grocery store, an actual Internet connection (and not dial up), a river to swim in, the ocean is close enough to enjoy on a whim, and...close enough to where MM is grown that you could find yourself a provider. I'm not sure, but I think there are a few dispensaries around, maybe in Guernville?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I just re-read this entire discussion which happens to be mostly an off topic debate. There is a bit of mis-information due to myopic views. As much as I would like to contribute to the debate, I won't because I have already said it elsewhere on CD and we are supposed to stay on topic.
However, I will say this- I have lived in the Emerald Triangle for over 20 years and still do. If one wants to experience a marijuana culture as 'pure' as it can be, go to Garberville and stay a while.
It's a quiet and peaceful place compared to the cities. Other than the big leaf on the sign for a gift shop called 'The Hemp Connection', one who did not know it was a marijuana driven community would never suspect it to be so.
There are the meth users, but not any more than most places, and if anything, due to the rural nature of the area, these people are not much of a problem like they are in the cities.

For the OP- after rereading your 'terms' as to where ad what you would like to have, I suggest that you look around the Santa Rosa area. Not Santa Rosa itself, that's too much city for you as I understand it. But perhaps Healdburg or Sabastapol.
This would put you close to the SF airport, you would have a 24hr grocery store, an actual Internet connection (and not dial up), a river to swim in, the ocean is close enough to enjoy on a whim, and...close enough to where MM is grown that you could find yourself a provider. I'm not sure, but I think there are a few dispensaries around, maybe in Guernville?
I don't know if there is a dispensary in Guerneville or not. But your suggestion for the OP is spot on. Healdsburg is a classy (maybe a bit too upscale) rural-ish located town with sophisticated residents, shopping, recreation ... the river park there is terrific for summer swimming and canoeing down the Russian. Sebastopol is similar with a slight edge for friendly, homier, and a bit more agricultural identity -- and has a small Whole Foods Market if you are into the [expensive] natural food thing ... Sebastopol is closer drive to the ocean at Bodega Bay and Tomales Bay, but doesn't have the river. The Russian River canyon communities of Guerneville and Rio Dell, Forestville, etc I find very appealing because they are so woodsy and river recreation oriented. But they might be too small and hick for the OP ... I love it ... There are also some tricks to finding the right balance for sun and getting up out of the flood plain down in the canyon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California