Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,853,250 times

Advertisements

I noticed that California just recently decided that transgender students will not be allowed to use whatever bathroom they choose, male or female. Living in the middle of the country, we've seen some changes. Now the dressing rooms in retail stores in some cases are unisex. So is there a push for this in Ca, Unisex bathrooms. I know some college campuses have had this for years. I just don't get the whole thing. All I can see is more problems with "peeping tom" type activity. I doubt that most women would like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM

767 posts, read 1,737,423 times
nice monologue, augioledogie
im tempted to think youre trolling
but ill humor you
ive seen single-occupant unisex bathrooms in retail, restaurant and workplace locations
but i think youre asking about multiple-occupant unisex bathrooms, though
ive not seen such a thing in the aforementioned locations
and i dont expect it
because i think women would not feel comfortable or safe
even women in california if a good/normal/credible/ad nauseum person like yourself can deign to believe it

Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 AM

301 posts, read 516,804 times
My Dad used to call these "bisexual" bathrooms, BTW.

Anyway, the trend is to "de-sexualize" bathrooms, and make them all stall bathrooms, like the ones shown in the long-cancelled TV show Ally McBeal. At least, that's what is happening in my workplace. No more urinals? I'm all for that!

Now if we can all have automatic air fresheners and self-cleaning toilets....

Old 07-11-2013, 01:54 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,783,584 times
No problem at UCSC for many years now. As well as many a good party, anywhere. Some things just can't wait for squeamishness.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:21 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,360,976 times
They need to turn all the stalls into actual rooms. Four walls that go from the floor to the ceiling and locks you can actually count on. And that means everywhere. Problem solved.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,853,250 times
I didn't intend to give a monologue. I really don't care one way or the other. I just thought everything was Ok the traditional way. Why the push to change? . Now they seem to have made it into a problem. See Vic's post. So then they have to change the stalls. I just don't get the push to change??

Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 AM

50,079 posts, read 46,654,631 times
We had to build a separate bathroom for one "whatever" sex they wanted to be and right after we did it they quit. Now we have an extra broom closet in the building.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 AM

16,572 posts, read 27,278,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
They need to turn all the stalls into actual rooms. Four walls that go from the floor to the ceiling and locks you can actually count on. And that means everywhere. Problem solved.
^This

Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 AM

102,075 posts, read 107,068,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
How would this solve anything? This would make it easier for would-be assailants to hide out in bathrooms, and for people to use the stalls for drug use or sex. Furthermore, air circulation into the stalls would be eliminated, and if it's anything you DON'T want to eliminate in a public bathroom stall, it's air circulation! The stalls are designed the way they are for a reason, people! Don't mess with success.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,797,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I just thought everything was Ok the traditional way. Why the push to change? . Now they seem to have made it into a problem. See Vic's post. So then they have to change the stalls. I just don't get the push to change??
I'm old enough to remember three restrooms at gas stations in the deep South. That was tradition that changed, and the country survived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California