Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,278 times

Advertisements

All these knuckleheads quoting the constitution crack me up. It's as if it was put on stone tablets by the hand of god. If we had gone by these idiot's logic, we would still have slaves. I relize that this is just how some people are wired, as the same idiots typically base their lives on a retarded book of fairy tales that's a few thousand years old. LOL

I personally think it should be up to the each individual state as far as what's legal and not legal regarding firearms. I have no problem with CA having crazy gun laws. If Californians don't like it, they can move to a gun toting state like Alabama or go back to mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I should have specified; I don't have any use for an AK47 but I am against any sort of ban on "assault weapons". If it means anything, I do have plans on buying an AR15 when I have more money in the bank.
If your in California do it soon.

You can also build a taliban AK out of a shovel and some few misc parts with some basic tools. Wont hit much out past 100 yards but its good for close up work.

Like the immortal S.L. Jackson said: "When you absolutely have to kill every mother****** in the room"

Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Wheels require only roads ... of which there are many. And, as the immortal highnlite used to say: there are even a paved 62 of 'em that go clean out of state. Yee-haw ...
And a lot more unpaved. I know most of them from Bishop North.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If your in California do it soon.

You can also build a taliban AK out of a shovel and some few misc parts with some basic tools. Wont hit much out past 100 yards but its good for close up work.

Like the immortal S.L. Jackson said: "When you absolutely have to kill every mother****** in the room"
Not in CA anymore so no worries there. But I will do my homework on a build once I have enough money for it.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:31 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
All these knuckleheads quoting the constitution crack me up. It's as if it was put on stone tablets by the hand of god. If we had gone by these idiot's logic, we would still have slaves. I relize that this is just how some people are wired, as the same idiots typically base their lives on a retarded book of fairy tales that's a few thousand years old. LOL

I personally think it should be up to the each individual state as far as what's legal and not legal regarding firearms. I have no problem with CA having crazy gun laws. If Californians don't like it, they can move to a gun toting state like Alabama or go back to mexico.
So you would be for states rights if some state in the south wanted to bring back slavery because you believe states can just ignore the constitution since it is a meaningless document

Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
And, as the immortal highnlite used to say...
Another of his better comments, re: the 2nd ammendment:
"It, like most of our rights, is limited. The wording clearly states that the right is for the purpose of a well regulated militia. I find it curious that all the gun rights people only respect the subordinate clause." -hignlite

Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"It, like most of our rights, is limited. The wording clearly states that the right is for the purpose of a well regulated militia. I find it curious that all the gun rights people only respect the subordinate clause." -hignlite
So in one post your lambasting someone for the temerity to analyze the 2nd and in another your heaping praise.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
SCOTUS believes differently.

Why would the entire bill of rights limit government power but the 2nd amendment be a limit on personal freedom?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
So in one post your lambasting someone for the temerity to analyze the 2nd and in another your heaping praise.
Definitely not praising the poster who makes the 2nd ammendment fit his/her personal beliefs. H/She is hardly analyzing the wording.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Definitely not praising the poster who makes the 2nd ammendment fit his/her personal beliefs. H/She is hardly analyzing the wording.
And you think the poster formally known as Clarks ala Highnlite is a constitutional scholar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California