Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM

Location: Overlooking the vineyards, olive groves, cattle and horses in the hills of San Miguel CA
167 posts, read 336,187 times

Advertisements

Oh, yeah... maybe I should explain, mbell... you CAN have MORE than 10 rounds in any weapon with a 10-round magazine... it's called 'Condition 1' or 'one up the pipe'... a chambered round with a full 10-round magazine beneath- consider this tip a 'freebie'... see, 1 extra round already!

It seems you know next to nothing *about* gun use or ownership... Fox News is nowhere to get your firearms training.

Don't let the door hit your cracker *ss on the way out of CA... and that officially puts me off this thread... when I start taking the bait from 'low-information voters' like you, I must hastily bid you and all those on this thread adieu... as Nas puts it so well in 'It Ain't Hard to Tell': 'I'm out, yo."

Last edited by threepounduniverse; 10-22-2013 at 11:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 01:03 AM

65 posts, read 78,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R Higgins View Post
I have all the direction I need, SeaBright- for the record I've already done quite a bit of pro bono work with several law firms which specialize in addressing the system(atic and ic) gross inequities that you describe... gun rights are a perfect example in a microcosm of why Big Lobby gets to carve up the pie while the rest of us watch, plates in hand.... like Deep Throat advised in 'All the President's Men', "Follow the money."... advice that applies to our present system in general and to our well-established corporate welfare system. I'd vote for Noam Chomsky and Elizabeth Warren for President and VP (in either office lol) if they'd only run...

I've worked for over 20 years in my spare time, for free, advising people starting 501c3 entities that are involved in the environmental and social justice movements and continue to do so... I'm also starting my own, to address the 'food deserts' in urban areas where the most of the affordable food within a bus ride of food thawing out in a grocery bag is processed cr*p... to get corporate and private sponsorship for this project and I'm also in the process of forming another 501c3 for teaching at risk/low-income kids about tech- coding, etc.... a friend is working on one that will get kids subsidized broadband for a few dollars a month... 'channeling the rage' is what I do when I'm awake!

I grew up in the 1970s- protested against the War when I was a kid in New Haven and NYC, convinced about 600 people to vote for McGovern in 1972 at age 12... it seems they were the only ones who voted for him though lol.

The gun issue is going to be a huge issue going forward as we have a slaughter every two weeks in a school, workplace or government facility... it's also a huge test case for fighting against the corporate shill portion of the NRA while still being a member- kind of a 'reform from both the inside and the outside'... it's all about skill-building, cuz civil disobedience is a verb, eh? A quote from Audre Lorde is what I try to keep in mind... "The Master's tools will never dismantle the Master's house." And what with Constitution-shredding outrages like the Citizens United SCOTUS decision, it's never been more important to channel rage into productive action...

I try to keep a philosophical 'tripod balance' between the Libertarian, the Progressive and the late great Hunter S. Thompson... think the Kalashnikov rifle on the national flag of Mozambique, the writings of Thomas Paine and the piercing wit of the truly enraged (think 'Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail -1972)...

As for my time on this particular thread, there broader issues to which it points... and tapping out a few thoughtful posts on C-D about CA gun laws actually helps me get back to better-focussed work on other more important projects... a side benefit of having ADD!

Our young son has Autism and wife's heavily involved with Autism Awareness (approximately one boy in 55 and one girl in 200 in the U.S. alone) and also is developing a 501c3 that connects different entities for kids on the spectrum wherever they live and go to school- so we're good and getting better...

A friend a long time ago, when we were trapped in the back of a school bus being shipped off to a overnight camp in a program to send inner-city kids to the woods of CT said something about the benefits of channeling rage that has stuck with me for over 40 years... "I stay angry to avoid getting pissed off!" True that.

Hahah funny man, I'm from a suburb of New Haven.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:35 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R Higgins View Post
Oh, yeah... maybe I should explain, mbell... you CAN have MORE than 10 rounds in any weapon with a 10-round magazine... it's called 'Condition 1' or 'one up the pipe'... a chambered round with a full 10-round magazine beneath- consider this tip a 'freebie'... see, 1 extra round already!

It seems you know next to nothing *about* gun use or ownership... Fox News is nowhere to get your firearms training.
Of course I know that. Still doesn't change the fact that you are limited to 10 ROUND MAGAZINES!! Unless of course you have 30 round pre ban mags you already owned as I do. I know plenty about guns, have had great training and own plenty of them but thanks for your concern. You know ZERO about me.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Its just another thing this anti 2nd amendment, communist state wants to control you with.
Then it's off to Oregon, right? When's your moving date?

Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
You know ZERO about me.
We ALL know about you. That's what happens when you constantly post teenage Teabag rants online.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:55 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Because the actual check only takes a couple minutes over the phone. Its just another thing this anti 2nd amendment, communist state wants to control you with.
One of the reasons there are waiting periods is to preclude any "in heat of passion" purchases.

Do you need me to explain for you what that means?

Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
One of the reasons there are waiting periods is to preclude any "in heat of passion" purchases.

Do you need me to explain for you what that means?
So CA is the only state this "in the heat of passion" could ever happen? Nice try though.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:42 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
So CA is the only state this "in the heat of passion" could ever happen? Nice try though.
At least they're doing something to keep guns out of the hands of crazy, jacked up people.

This guy, as reported by witnesses in the Bass Pro Shops store where he was allowed to buy two more weapons to complete his arsenal in a matter of weeks, apparently looked every bit the psycho while doing so as he did in court:

Quote:
The guns were all purchased legally between May 22 and July 6 at three Colorado gun stores.
James Holmes purchased a Smith and Wesson .233 high powered semi-automatic rifle at Gander Mountain gun store in Thornton, Colo, according to the law enforcement source. He also bought a .40 caliber Glock pistol at Gander Mountain gun store in Aurora, Colo. Another .40 caliber glock handgun and a Remington 870 shotgun were purchased at Bass Pro Shops in Denver, Colo.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57477014/

See, this dude, looking and acting bat**** crazy, shouldn't be walking away with a new Glock and shotgun. The public's right to prevent this, in the name of everybody's safety, usurps his right to arm himself to the teeth to carry out his deranged fantasies. CO = FAIL on this one.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:17 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Let me help you out here. I said "waiting periods" as in plural - that means more than one in case you're confused. That correctly implies that other states have them too for various periods up to 30 days. Others, including CA, have limitations with waiting periods on how may weapons may be purchased within a set period of time.

At no time did I infer that only in CA could there be an "in heat of passion" issue. Nice try indeed!

Now about that bet you made...

Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
So what is the point of a waiting period after someone owns one gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California