Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 PM

9 posts, read 49,803 times

Advertisements

Yeah a lesson for my life, thanks. forgot to mention my fine is 469+64(traffic school).

FYI, there is another guy in the court he is driving over 100 with infraction judge asked if he wants to do the community service to reduce the fine. his fine is 1000. since his record is clean too it was only fine no suspension

Thanks

Old 09-20-2013, 06:57 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diny View Post
1. over 100 automatic traffic school not eligible
2. under 100 traffic school eligible based on the license record
Sounds like the policeman did you a favor. Take care of traffic school as soon as you can. If your insurance renewal comes up while the points are still on your record, it will affect the rate you pay.

Good luck, and drive safe.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:19 AM

9 posts, read 49,803 times
yes he did save me ....all went in my favor

Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSDLifer View Post
Dude, what a douche in robes, that guy.
Boy, that's intelligent. Driver going 30 miles over the speed limit, so blame the judge? Thank god there is some law enforcement to protect innocent people from the dangers caused by speeders.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:09 AM

497 posts, read 1,503,291 times
Quote:
Hello can someone suggest me on the following questions thanks.

i was speeding 97mph ona 65mph zone, got a ticket. Near Mojave
Ticket Details:
-Mandatory Court appearance
-22349(a) violation highlighted as infraction

Questions:
-Should i look for lawyer for any means is that helpful
-what is the price range of my ticket that i must expecting around
-if i plead the judge would it be helpful by any means
-Points to my drivers license is mandatory even if pay the ticket
-I am due to attend in the court by Oct/first week, i am going out of country from the last week of Oct should i appear in the court as late as possible so that if my license is suspended for 30 days i would require the driving license during that time at least
-Since this 2 point recorded on to my drivers license currently i am paying for my insurance about $600/6 months how much my insurance can go high?
-How soon the license can be suspended after the appearance date in the court
-What is the punishment for this fine and possible license suspension correct?

Any suggestions are very appreciated.
Thanks
Hire yourself an attorney that specializes in Defending Traffic Violators. You need an attorney that knows what to do. It will cost you about 1k and you will either walk or it will be reduced substantially. Do not try and go it alone. You will Lose, guaranteed, unless the officer does not show up. The cost of the attorney will be less than the increased cost of Ins over 3 years and the fine.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
^^^ You there, see posts #39 and #41.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
^^^ You there, see posts #39 and #41.

He was lucky...but worked out very well for him. My experiences with that County have been
quite the opposite.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Hello can someone suggest me on the following questions thanks.

i was speeding 97mph ona 65mph zone, got a ticket. Near Mojave
Ticket Details:
-Mandatory Court appearance
-22349(a) violation highlighted as infraction

Questions:
-Should i look for lawyer for any means is that helpful
-what is the price range of my ticket that i must expecting around
-if i plead the judge would it be helpful by any means
-Points to my drivers license is mandatory even if pay the ticket
-I am due to attend in the court by Oct/first week, i am going out of country from the last week of Oct should i appear in the court as late as possible so that if my license is suspended for 30 days i would require the driving license during that time at least
-Since this 2 point recorded on to my drivers license currently i am paying for my insurance about $600/6 months how much my insurance can go high?
-How soon the license can be suspended after the appearance date in the court
-What is the punishment for this fine and possible license suspension correct?

Any suggestions are very appreciated.
Thanks
well I am sure whatever you did, is done, but my advise: pay your fine, don't try to cry on the shoulders of the judge and take your foot off the gas peddle from time to time.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:13 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
I think very few of us are innocent of trying to "see what our cars can do". When I bought my car two years ago I passed someone on a straight two lane in rural NorCal and just kept winding it up until I touched 100. Only stayed there for a couple seconds then slowed back down to 65. Generally I'm the one getting passed on almost any highway I'm on, but was just curious how quickly it could hit 100 (definitely don't make a habit of it though - haven't had a speeding ticket in three decades).

Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,767,229 times
I know it's a necro-thread, but I was glad to see the happy ending. The judge was really nice to let the guy do traffic school. My one and only big speeding ticket (90 in a 55 zone somewhere around Downey) not only got me the maximum fine ($271 at the time) but the judge yelled at me and refused to let me do traffic school despite a previously clean driving record. He also made me go to the LA County morgue program for serious driving offenders. It was kind of cool, got to walk through the meat locker and everything, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it again. And of course my insurance rates were jacked up for a while. Lesson learned, I've never exceeded 80mph since that offense, and I keep it under 75 in metro areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California