Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 02:24 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,773,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooliemonster View Post
Hi chuck. You should present your findings at a conference.
I am flattered, but in the end I am just an ordinary guy who works hard to understand. I leave it to those who have the credentials to make the case. I merely report what I read.

Regards

Chuckmann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM

4,307 posts, read 6,245,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I am flattered, but in the end I am just an ordinary guy who works hard to understand. I leave it to those who have the credentials to make the case. I merely report what I read.

Regards

Chuckmann
Keep watching FoxNews. I'm sure you'll learn a ton about foreign affairs and science there......oops, I meant about God and Guns.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM

16,583 posts, read 27,302,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
OR it could be more evidence that we can fall into another ice age very quickly. You may want to check out Not By Fire But By Ice by Robert Felix

No, the AGW crowd started calling it "climate change" as more and more scientists brought in more and more research to counter the bad information that the AGW climatologists were spreading around.

Let's see - 114 of 117 global warming predictions overstated. Predictions of ever increasing numbers and extremes of hurricanes wrong. Resorting to the use of single storms to make a case for this last supposition by the AGW crowd. Never a mention of The Little Ice Age as a part of any equation, Apparent lack of understanding of the components of climate change, including the very important one of precession and the precession cycle. The list is endless.

But in the long run you have been proven correct. Sooner of later the climate will have changed.
Where did you get this stuff? the Ice Age theory died out in the 80's. Sure certain regions effected by climate change, such as Europe will likely get colder due to the shutting down of the Gulf Stream, but the earths mean temperature will rise. How will there be another ice age when glaciers are retreating? I thought an Ice age is when ice increased.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 AM

211 posts, read 372,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Well, Breitbart is always MY first choice for accurate reporting.
And the bibliography of the scientists, with all their credentials, who supported this report is truly astounding and impressive.

oh wait ... dang ... my bad ... there was no bibliography and not one of the "scientists" was identified
You my favorite poster here!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM

211 posts, read 372,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
global warming has not been occurring during the last 16 years and there is no link between global warming and our C02 output anyway. In fact the future may hold colder temperatures for us:

Climate Study: Evidence Leans Against Human-Caused Global Warming

So what's the chance that we wise up and turn away from the path we are on?
I find it hard to believe there are people who can find one article to refute thousands of articles, journals, and a 99% consensus from the scientific community. If you really think global warming isnt happening you are truly delusional.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:29 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,324,984 times
Here is an unbiased perspective.

Human activities have no doubt influenced the climate.

Higher levels of CO2 have affected the energy balance, albeit, the actual outcome is only about 30% of what simplistic models predicted.

And ... there are negative feedbacks. The most obvious negative feedback is aerosols which include not only chemical compounds but more simple things like dust. There are also natural negative feedbacks including galactic cosmic ray flux (and subsequent cloud nucleation), the innate Ice Age set up the Earth is actually in (which imparts a tendency toward vast glaciation, interrupted by much shorter interglacials), and other factors.

Meanwhile, at a smaller scale level, humans modify the albedo, thermal and moisture balances at and near the Earth's surface with a whole host of land use considerations and other activities. Our contraptions mostly exude heat, and this results in a general near surface warming in areas where we work and play.

Add it all up and it is a very complex equation that no one can write out. Suffice it to say, simplistic models are going to fail repeatedly.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM

16,583 posts, read 27,302,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Exchange View Post
You my favorite poster here!
Mine too

Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,313,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
CA cutting Co2 emissions means squat when you have China and India spewing pollution in mass.
Race to the bottom! So American.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:44 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,817,122 times

Professor Bob Carter torpedoes the "scientific consensus" on the climate HOAX - YouTube

Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,538,803 times
I don't think that humans have as much of an impact on global warming as some people insist. That being said, I see nothing wrong with taking measures to cut back on pollution and conserve resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California