U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2013, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,422 posts, read 9,429,764 times
Reputation: 7775

Advertisements


CHUBBY CHECKER - LIMBO ROCK.wmv - YouTube "How low can you go?"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 AM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,980,884 times
Reputation: 2090
This is awesome, gotta love Texas!

Driver Licenses - Greg Abbott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Wherever I happen to be at the moment
1,229 posts, read 1,215,757 times
Reputation: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
It's great when people like you chose to leave and make CA a better place. CA is not for losers and whiners... It's for dreamers who move here, work hard and live a purposeful life... Enjoy the country bumpkin lifestyle in TN!
That's kind of funny coming from you who rather consistently bashes the Bay Area where you appear to live and who is possibly thinking of moving to New England (beautiful by the way). After San Francisco your fear of rural areas without close-by neighbors is funny too. By the way, you can never have too many trees.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Mid-South Tn
39 posts, read 59,833 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
It's great when people like you chose to leave and make CA a better place. CA is not for losers and whiners... It's for dreamers who move here, work hard and live a purposeful life... Enjoy the country bumpkin lifestyle in TN!
No, it wasn't great when we decided we were leaving. In fact we would have both preferred that there was no reason to leave. When you spend your entire life living in one place, the decision to leave is tough. I'll resist returning your insults, I'm too old for that and your opinion of me is of no consequence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 9,335,151 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Tn View Post
We stood up, walked away and never looked back last year. Moved to Tennessee. Very sad considering my wife and I were both native Californian's in our 50's who had never lived anywhere else. It's a shame that such natural beauty, majestic shorelines and towering granite peaks, weren't enough to keep us there. The other factors were too much to look past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Tn View Post
No, it wasn't great when we decided we were leaving. In fact we would have both preferred that there was no reason to leave. When you spend your entire life living in one place, the decision to leave is tough. I'll resist returning your insults, I'm too old for that and your opinion of me is of no consequence.
Ah, Tennessee (again!) ... # 1 state for violent crime ... and runs between #1 and number #17 on various government corruption surveys over the past few years.

California??? Good thing you left: #4 for least corrupt ... Didn't crack the crime top 10 (below)
I'm sure there were many other factors in your decision, however.


Quote:
10 States With the Highest Rates of Violent Crime
By Aditi Mukherji on September 19, 2013 11:55 AM

According to a new FBI crime report, the nation experienced a slight increase in violent crimes in 2012, along with a decrease in property crimes. Which states had the highest (and lowest) rates of violent crime?

The FBI's annual Crime in the United States report compiles criminal data under the Uniform Crime Reporting program from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Perhaps surprisingly, the 10 states with the highest rates of violent crime in 2012 didn't include the most populous states of California, New York or Texas.

Here are the Top 10 states with the most -- and least -- violent crime per capita, according to the FBI's data:

Highest Crime Per Capita

Washington, D.C.: 1,243.7 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants
Tennessee: 643.6
Nevada: 607.6
Alaska: 603.2
New Mexico: 559.1
South Carolina: 558.8
Delaware: 547.4
Louisiana: 496.9
Florida: 487.1
Maryland: 476.8
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Wherever I happen to be at the moment
1,229 posts, read 1,215,757 times
Reputation: 1836
And I suppose bringing up things that may be wrong in other states obviates anything that might be wrong with California, right? Somehow the logic of that "my daddy's bigger than your daddy" approach fails me.

There is crime in all states. Much of it can be avoided by carefully selecting where in any particular state you live, especially bypassing most cities like, let's say, Stockton and Oakland, San Bernardino, etc..

Last edited by Ghostly1; 10-05-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,980,884 times
Reputation: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Ah, Tennessee (again!) ... # 1 state for violent crime ... and runs between #1 and number #17 on various government corruption surveys over the past few years.

California??? Good thing you left: #4 for least corrupt ... Didn't crack the crime top 10 (below)
I'm sure there were many other factors in your decision, however.
Who are you trying to fool? LOL. There were 388 homicides in the entire state of TN last year. There have been 457 homicides in the past NINE MONTHS just in the LA area. Your argument that TN has more violent crime than CA is laughable. There is more violent crime in LA alone then the ENTIRE state of TN

Homicide map - Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times
Tennessee Crime Rates 1960 - 2012
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 05:30 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 9,335,151 times
Reputation: 3806
^^^ Somebody has never heard of "per-capita" rates and ratios obviously ...

Tennessee, state population - 6.5 million
GLAMA population - 18 million

mbell, are you putting us all on? Post after post ... after post ... after post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 05:36 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,980,884 times
Reputation: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
^^^ Somebody has never heard of "per-capita" rates and ratios obviously ...

Tennessee, state population - 6.5 million
GLAMA population - 18 million

mbell, are you putting us all on? Post after post ... after post ... after post.
Per capita lists are stupid. Portland OR has the most amount of strip clubs per capita then any other state, but who goes to Portland for strip clubs? They are useless. Besides, 6 million in TN and only 4 million in LA. If you are trying to say there are 18 million people in the area of that map, you are nuts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 PM
 
47,531 posts, read 63,572,033 times
Reputation: 22340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
From 2007 to 2009, the report says, more undocumented Mexicans left the United States than came here illegally.

Run that through English/Paleo-Con Bablefish if you need help.
The decrease in illegals has nothing to do with them going back home, they'll never do that as long as the money and welfare handouts is so much easier and bigger than anything they had back home. Many are finding ways to get legal status. All the DACA illegals were handed easy legal status, and many illegals find someone who will marry them at least on paper so they can get green cards.

Or all an illegal has to do to get a U visa is to say they were victims of some kind either back in their own country or here. Many are now demanding refugee status --- and as absurd as it is, they are being given that.

An 11% drop in illegals would more likely reflect how very easily they're being given legal status.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top