U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:16 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,309,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
So, I actually READ the article you're all going nuts about, and it doesn't really have any connection to most of the comments being made here.
I'm going to program a bot to post this automatically to every thread in the California forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,782,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
So far just in this year alone CA has...

1) Released over 23,000 criminals back on to the streets because of "overcrowding".

2) Given transgender minors the freedom to choose whichever restroom and locker room they wish to use.

3) Passed 14 new, anti 2nd amendment gun laws that target law abiding citizens.

4) Passed a law to give illegals drivers licenses.

5) Spent over $10 BILLION on healthcare, education and incarceration of illegal immigrants.

...and now this? This state is an absolute, pathetic joke. The liberal Democrats and illegals have completely destroyed this once great state. Its no wonder citizens and businesses are leaving in record numbers. I truly hope this state gets destroyed by a huge earthquake and then destroyed again by a giant tsunami, just to make sure. I cannot wait to move, counting down the days!
Shazamm!!! Thank you for so clearly articulating the crazy Right's view of our fair state, for the definitive clarification of all who might wonder. Bravo!
The good news is that there are endless enclaves beyond our borders that deeply embrace your breed with open arms, many of those due east, but not necessarily all the way out to the big pond on the other side of the nation. You'll save money, too! Flyover awaits!
Jury's still out on New Hampshire on this one. Lovely place for fall foliage, though.

Last edited by bigdumbgod; 09-26-2013 at 06:34 PM..

Old 09-26-2013, 06:35 PM

7,150 posts, read 9,253,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Exactly what did I say that was inflammatory? Or is it simply disagreeing with you that you find inflammatory? You have your opinions I have mine. Expresses delight at suffering? Deprecating? You got all that from a few posts?Don't try to psychoanalyze me. You have no idea what I went through or have seen in my life. And if you did you may be a little more cynical. You know absolutely nothing about me Mr. Psychology. Or did you expect me to give some politically correct answer that pretty much amounts to a bunch of hot air with no meaning at all but has the correct amount of whining and sniveling to make you happy?

Enjoyable in the sense of seeing a train running down a track with a dead end and the brakes out of order. Its a cynical enjoyable but you probably don't get it.
To watch all the butt puppets in Sacramento running around trying to explain why they have no money again and need to yet again raise taxes oh wait its fees these days ( much easier to pass without a majority vote) to cover their spending and the squandering the money all covered by bs excuses. You're telling me the boondoggle that is the high speed train in California is a good idea? We'll be paying for that forever not to mention it will be subsidized just like the regular rail is now. Yet they voted to go ahead and do it. Knowing it will do absolutely nothing more than have a expensive piece of crap novelty.
Look around you. Look at the bills and the props that have been passed. All designed to soak up as much taxes, excuse me I mean fees as they can to feed a bloated system. Not to mention all the entitlement programs we have being abused.

Nice condescending tone bro. I don't go off on political tangents at work. In fact I don't talk politics or religion at work. Work is work. But if I am ever asked I will give you my personal view of it weather you like it or not. I don't kowtow to anyone. Weather you politically or religiously agree with me or not I could care less. You asked I didn't volunteer. I don't live my life according to what you feel is right or what you want to hear.
Whoops ... looks like we hit a nerve ...

Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 PM

23,601 posts, read 33,029,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Shazamm!!! Thank you for so clearly articulating the crazy Right's view of our fair state, for the definitive clarification of all who might wonder. Bravo!
The good news is that there are endless enclaves beyond our borders that deeply embrace your breed with open arms, many of those due east, but not necessarily all the way out to the big pond on the other side of the nation. You'll save money, too! Flyover awaits!
Jury's still out on New Hampshire on this one. Lovely place for fall foliage, though.
I get it. Responsible, law-abiding people with common sense are now crazy and a "breed."

Old 09-26-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Explosive Defense of Personality Disorder. Beware...it's catching.

No need to get all bunched up, Electricman - just makes one appear like a bottle of unresolved rage. Breath, put your feet up, and have a tall, cold one (like a fine, award-winning handcrafted microbrew, from our own horrible, awful Godforsaken state).
There now, isn't that better?

Now let's get back to this "Sunk to a New Low" thing with a bit fewer Fox News talking points...

Old 09-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I get it. Responsible, law-abiding people with common sense are now crazy and a "breed."
Problem is, the Dittohead ideologues display an egregious lack of this. The numerous examples of those who have a curious prediliction towards mysteriously spitfiring posts antagonizing a place they don't live in exemplify this phenomenon exquisitely. Flame on!

Old 09-26-2013, 11:54 PM

21,704 posts, read 24,146,195 times
Quote:
Lol no not really. He asked. I answered. Either way this state has been spending its way into oblivion. I wonder what boondoggle they will think of next. Maybe you guys are ok with seeing your tax dollars being poured down a bottomless hole?

Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 AM

7,150 posts, read 9,253,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol no not really. He asked. I answered. Either way this state has been spending its way into oblivion. I wonder what boondoggle they will think of next. Maybe you guys are ok with seeing your tax dollars being poured down a bottomless hole?
But you still haven't answered what you find enjoyable about watching failure.

And, btw, I haven't stated a position right left or in-between about any of the issues you are using as examples and associating me with ... my curiosity is simpler than that ... I am simply intrigued by people who invoke disaster on others or alternatively at least profess to enjoy watching disaster.

What's up with that?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 AM

21,704 posts, read 24,146,195 times
Quote:
But you still haven't answered what you find enjoyable about watching failure.

And, btw, I haven't stated a position right left or in-between about any of the issues you are using as examples and associating me with ... my curiosity is simpler than that ... I am simply intrigued by people who invoke disaster on others or alternatively at least profess to enjoy watching disaster.

What's up with that?

Well it was a sarcastic statement. Sort of like your tax guy saying " hey Bob you owe the IRS 12k this year" and Bob says " that's great". Do you really think I want to see people in soup kitchens out of work and begging on the street?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:49 AM

23,601 posts, read 33,029,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Problem is, the Dittohead ideologues display an egregious lack of this. The numerous examples of those who have a curious prediliction towards mysteriously spitfiring posts antagonizing a place they don't live in exemplify this phenomenon exquisitely. Flame on!
Didn't say a thing about far-right ideologues who are just as brainwashed as are the far-left variety. As for the rest, if you're antagonized by observations from those who likely know CA politics more intimately than you from first-hand experience, by all means keep trying to deflect with meaningless screeds and insults. Meanwhile, flame out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or