Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:19 PM

350 posts, read 709,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
"LOS ANGELES — California is challenging the historic status of American citizenship with measures to permit noncitizens to sit on juries and monitor polls for elections in which they cannot vote and to open the practice of law even to those here illegally. It is the leading edge of a national trend that includes granting drivers’ licenses and in-state tuition to illegal immigrants in some states and that suggests legal residency could evolve into an appealing option should immigration legislation fail to produce a path to citizenship."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/us...ts.html?src=me

When are you guys going to stand up and say you have had enough? I lived in SoCal part-time a few years ago and it reminded me of some places I have been to in South America....and not in a good way. As someone who grew up in Brazil, I can certainly say that parts of this country resemble a 3rd world country and the problem is just going to get worse.
Total sensationalizing, over reacting, and exaggeration.

California is great. Great weather, lots of geographic diversity, lots of cultural diversity, jobs (yes jobs, I realize the unemployment rate is relatively high), lots of high tech, beautiful neighborhoods, amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwashed_in_church View Post
What other factors?

My wife and I are about your age (I'm 52, she's 44).

You'll be back in California within three years.
Pffft! Typical smugness from the ideologues. My wife and I, both natives, moved out of state in retirement in our early 60s and were also told we'd be back, only in just two years. Well, Sports Fans, that was four years ago and we'd consider it less now that we would have at the two years mark because of the insane ideas and laws that continue to proliferate and get even worse than they were when we left.

Quote:
Total sensationalizing, over reacting, and exaggeration.
And just who are you to decide that for someone else? Talk about brainwashed hubris. I could say your Californicating acceptance of disregard for law, custom, tradition and common sense is sensationalizing, over-reacting and several other things I'll forbear listing lest I get my wrist slapped. But I won't say all that. I'm far too polite to do so!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 09-22-2013 at 07:02 PM..

Old 09-22-2013, 06:07 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Quote:
I moved to New Hampshire...
California is the most exciting state forum here, but perhaps you should start focusing on your new state's problems instead.

Here's a few current threads from the New Hampshire forum that could use a little of your righteous indignation:

New Hampshire Number 50 in Charity
New Hampshire - no state tax - what a laugh
News flash! There are lots of people in NH on welfare that are "better off" than you but don't actually "work"
Manchester NH a "city" of vacant shops, vacant stores, overpriced housing and run down infrastructure.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:39 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
The battle to prevent California from becoming Brazil died with the government's failure to support the Californian people's will with Prop 187 back in 1997. That was when the power elite officially overthrew the common people of California, and soon they will rule the wasteland from their urban coastal perches of power like the elite rule Brazil.

Also all those non-elite yet Progressive useful idiots who were against 187 back in the day are fleeing the state now, and will be used by the elites in other states in their war against common Americans.

Yes, the Liberal-Demobots are fleeing one of their disasters, assigned with the mission of spreading it like a plague....to the new areas they invade!

California is the tip of the iceberg......much more to follow!

A chicken in every pot....................a filthy Folsom-Street-Fair for every decent city:

Folsom Street Fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Folsom Street Fair (FSF) is an annual BDSM and leather subculture street fair held on the last Sunday in September and caps San Francisco's "Leather Pride Week".

Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
California is the most exciting state forum here, but perhaps you should start focusing on your new state's problems instead.

Here's a few current threads from the New Hampshire forum that could use a little of your righteous indignation:

News flash! There are lots of people in NH on welfare that are "better off" than you but don't actually "work"
Manchester NH a "city" of vacant shops, vacant stores, overpriced housing and run down infrastructure.

Well as far as I am concerned, I am allowed to post anywhere I want on here. My location doesn't make my thread any less valid than if I were still a resident of California.

Nice try at deflecting though.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
because of the insane ideas and laws that continue to proliferate and get even worse than they were when we left.

And just who are you to decide that for someone else? Talk about brainwashed hubris. I could say your Californicating acceptance of disregard for law, custom, tradition and common sense is sensationalizing, over-reacting and several other things I'll forbear listing lest I get my wrist slapped. But I won't say all that. I'm far too polite to do so!
Insane laws and politics and "disregard for law, custom, tradition and common sense" are probably 1% of the reasons people move away from California. The other 99% are moving for a job OR moving to a cheaper cost of living - the latter so they can afford a bigger house to spend all their rainy and snowy days inside watching TV.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post

Those problems are in the noise compared to the NH crappy weather.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Insane laws and politics and "disregard for law, custom, tradition and common sense" are probably 1% of the reasons people move away from California. The other 99% are moving for a job OR moving to a cheaper cost of living - the latter so they can afford a bigger house to spend all their rainy and snowy days inside watching TV.
And what was the name of the poll you conducted to come to these conclusions and where can I find it? There are quite a few former Californians like us who retired to this general area and the reasons they gave when asked were quite similar to what I posted. While we all appreciate the lower COL, that was not a prime motivator for any of us.

Would you be so kind as to provide a link to your study? Thank you!

By the way, most of us appreciate having four distinct seasons all in one place. Go figure!

Bottom line, you seem prone to making assumptions and that does not inspire confidence in your "observations" and conclusions.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Well as far as I am concerned, I am allowed to post anywhere I want on here. My location doesn't make my thread any less valid than if I were still a resident of California.

True. It would be equally pointless were you still a resident.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
True. It would be equally pointless were you still a resident.
^^^ (as soon as I stop laughing, I'll be able to type my comment ... gimme a sec ...)

Ok ok ... Hey, I really really really love New Hampshire. Seriously. No jokes. I know it top to bottom. Hiked most every trail in the White Mountains. Skied there. Canoed on Lake Winnipesaukee and many others. Etc. And I am very distressed for you. With all the glory and wonders of the Granite State out your door, you sit obsessed with the affairs of a land over 3,000 miles away.

There's time for a hike up Mt. Washington yet. The fall colors are due in just a couple more weeks ... what a living rainbow! Dig your skis out of the garage and wax 'em up! Get off that damn computer if it makes you so angry and depressed girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California