Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 02:27 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times

Advertisements

After being caught on tape (again) for ghost voting, Assembly members are feigning ignorance to the rule that no member shall vote for another. Lame excuses as to why it continues. We're expected to abide by the rules of the state. Why aren't the lawmakers?

Ghost Voting: California Assembly Members Caught Breaking The Rules « CBS San Francisco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,618 times
I thought it was a violation of California law to film a member of the legislature doing something illegal.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
That's all you have? That you think it's a violation to film a government official doing something illegal? What about the fact that they ARE violating the rules of the Assembly?

Old 09-27-2013, 03:10 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I thought it was a violation of California law to film a member of the legislature doing something illegal.
If it is, that alone is one more reason to spy on the legislature. When they want to hide something, they pass laws like this (if indeed they have done so) and use it as one more weapon against the people.

Government thinks they can spy on us. Why cant we spy on them?

Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
I don't see a problem so long as the person they are voting for gave them permission to vote for them.]

I don't need my legislator sitting at his desk all the time, spend time in the district talking to people and doing what you can to spur economic development at home.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 AM

542 posts, read 1,548,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I guess no one else understood that you made a joke there.

Anyway, of course the media won't make a big deal about the ghost voting or follow up on the story, just like the allegations of voter fraud in the national elections. The media is a pawn in the Dems' scheme.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:14 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
The first rule of the Legislature is that rules aren't. They make 'em. They break 'em. If they become too inconvenient, they change or abolish 'em.

Not bad for a group that only works Mon.-Thu. most of the time so they can spend Friday in their districts picking their constituents' pockets....umm....listening to their constituents' concerns. That is, of course, except for times approaching 3-day weekends when they have a 6:00 a.m., Friday morning drive-thru check-in session in the Capitol garage so they're not officially off for four days which would cost them all that lovely, tax-free per diem of $141.86 each day in session they receive so long as their break doesn't exceed three consecutive days.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 09-27-2013 at 10:45 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie Girl View Post
I guess no one else understood that you made a joke there.

Anyway, of course the media won't make a big deal about the ghost voting or follow up on the story, just like the allegations of voter fraud in the national elections. The media is a pawn in the Dems' scheme.
I think it sadly indicates how illegitamate we find our governing bodies when posters don't get that I was making a joke (I would not be surprised to find that there is such a law) and just automatically assume there is such a law and I was being serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: