Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 12:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadtoad View Post
So by this statement, I should only buy a soda 1 can at a time. If I got a case of soda, my teeth would fall out, I would be able to properly manage my utilization, and I would be paranoid about not being able to have caffeine intake.

If I want a damn case of soda, a 50 gallon gas tank, or a 33 round magazine then those would be MY choices to make. Not some damn politician's. That is called FREEDOM.
There also occurs the right for every other citizen to live free of paranoid gun nuts roving around their towns bearing assault weapons, yelling about their rights to threaten whomever and whatever they please. Yes it is a FREEDOM thing, but in a democracy it's for more than just the town loony.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:25 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Welcome to 2014. Nam was a long time ago, times have changed.
Meaning? We need more, bigger, badder guns because the world is more dangerous? In what way has the world changed since Nam that I haven't been here a part of?
Quote:
So by this statement, I should only buy a soda 1 can at a time. If I got a case of soda, my teeth would fall out, I would be able to properly manage my utilization, and I would be paranoid about not being able to have caffeine intake.

If I want a damn case of soda, a 50 gallon gas tank, or a 33 round magazine then those would be MY choices to make. Not some damn politician's. That is called FREEDOM.
Well, there's quite a lot of us that would like FREEDOM from the dangers of fringe nut cases running around arming their 3-year-olds.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:27 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
There also occurs the right for every other citizen to live free of paranoid gun nuts roving around their towns bearing assault weapons, yelling about their rights to threaten whomever and whatever they please. Yes it is a FREEDOM thing, but in a democracy it's for more than just the town loony.
While you were posting I was posting similar. Great minds think alike and all that eh?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:

Is this the same kind of freedom that lets three year olds play with guns and school age kids take 'em to school or wherever they want? Freedom to do basically 'whatever' one wants with guns is the goal without any laws or politicians tellin' someone what to do. This is your idea of true freedom?

Saying guns aren't a main reason to move then focusing on all these so-called infringements seems disingenuous and contradictory at best. It was so important in your previous posts that it was a primary complaint against living in CO. I think guns 'are' that important as is this brand of true Freedom in making a decision... and no state taxes or illegals of course. It all makes sense now. Welcome to WY.

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 11-24-2014 at 12:48 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 12:49 PM

120 posts, read 123,776 times
Quote:
I love the Liberal definition of Freedom....... "oppress other's rights so we feel better"

Old 11-24-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Meaning? We need more, bigger, badder guns because the world is more dangerous? In what way has the world changed since Nam that I haven't been here a part of?

Well, there's quite a lot of us that would like FREEDOM from the dangers of fringe nut cases running around arming their 3-year-olds.
FREEDOM from the dangers of fringe nut cases? Is that like allowing sanctuary from criminals who kill people?

Run around arming their 3yr olds? Who ran around arming their 3yr old?

Old 11-24-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Is this the same kind of freedom that lets three year olds play with guns and school age kids take 'em to school or wherever they want? Freedom to do basically 'whatever' one wants with guns is the goal without any laws or politicians tellin' someone what to do. This is your idea of true freedom?

Saying guns aren't a main reason to move then focusing on all these so-called infringements seems disingenuous and contradictory at best. It was so important in your previous posts that it was a primary complaint against living in CO. I think guns 'are' that important as is this brand of true Freedom in making a decision... and no state taxes or illegals of course. It all makes sense now. Welcome to WY.
Wow... you need to get back on the meds!

Lets school age kids take gun to school or wherever they want? You people really do make up stuff as you go!

Paying $14k in annual state taxes is the main reason. There are state taxes such as the 6% sales tax (Laramie County), property taxes that are about 1/2 of what I pay in CA, as well as gasoline tax. What they don't have is a state INCOME TAX. Everything else is just icing on the cake from values, cost of living, public education, crime, and nanny regulations. I have read that there is an estimated 5k illegals in WY. Slightly smaller than the 2.5M in Cali or 1M in CO.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:

Lets school age kids take gun to school or wherever they want? You people really do make up stuff as you go!

Paying $14k in annual state taxes is the main reason. There are state taxes such as the 6% sales tax (Laramie County), property taxes that are about 1/2 of what I pay in CA, as well as gasoline tax. What they don't have is a state INCOME TAX. Everything else is just icing on the cake from values, cost of living, public education, crime, and nanny regulations. I have read that there is an estimated 5k illegals in WY. Slightly smaller than the 2.5M in Cali or 1M in CO.
Of course, the "legals" in WY often turn out to be more dangerous and unhinged than the "illegals" in CA or CO.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:22 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:

Don't need meds here though I'm not sure about yourself based on some of the fringe comments made. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. It was you who said you could give your three year old a gun in WY and that reflected something wonderful about the state's laws. If you can give your three year old a gun and no one cares then logically a 12 y/o can also own and carry a gun. In fact this is the kind of freedom you are talking about - freedom from politicians telling you or anyone else what do, correct? That's the kind of freedom which most fringe gun advocates are asking for - freedom from *All* gun laws and restrictions, like freedom of religion as you put it. Does that about sum up this brand of freedom?

Old 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Of course, the "legals" in WY often turn out to be more dangerous and unhinged than the "illegals" in CA or CO.
Reference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California