Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:49 PM

643 posts, read 917,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieRay View Post
I grew up here in Ridgecrest and I can answer any questions, I love it here as much as I hate it here. It is sunny here almost always and in the middle of November I'm still wearing shorts and sandals. Winter is just starting to arrive and that means cold nights and waking up to frozen gutters. It snows here like every 4 years and schools close down for safety concerns regarding driving and the up to 2 inches of snow we do get but it melts by the next day. Christmas here is 99% of the time warm an sunny and I never knew kids didn't get to ride their new bikes around the neighborhood until I moved to Wisconsin. Global warming has caused chaos out here and we are really starting to notice the 110 degree summers and low humidity compared to 20 years ago when 121 with no humidity was common July to September. The most amazing thing out here is our clear skies and at night time the stars are amazing. Oh, the days after when we have a rainy year, rarely rains here, but when it does you see the world around you come alive! The desert suddenly bursts with bright colors, these little flowers come out of no where covering some areas with color and others with nothing. Plants sprout, bugs flourish, animals of the desert have a more young that survive. Just beautiful. Los Angeles, Ontario and Bakersfield are all 2 hours away. Palm Springs and Las Vegas 3 hours (Vegas might be a little over 3 for most, I drive 80) Mammoth is 3 hours away heading north on 395 and keep going another 3 hours from there and your in Reno. Small town for the most part Night Clubs don't have but they turned an old bowling alley into a bar with a dance floor and named it STD's. It is in the center of town and will not let you down for drunken drama and fights, oops, wrong name, its Tommy T's. I suggest you ask Google about Ridgecrest, Ca Crimes. You might have heard Mark from Blink 182 is from here, Mick Marrs from Motley Crue had/has a brother who live(d)(s) here who worked/works for CHP. Rebekka Armstrong Septembers 1986 Playboy Playmate grew up here. The Taco Bell with the taco licking story is ours. The naval base here is the largest piece of land the navy has and they build things here that the world knows our product just not the creators; Sidewinder missile, Bunker Busters, and glow sticks were invented(accidentally I think) here. Go to Kern County Superior Court and click the Criminal tab and find the court locations and then go day by day for at least 2 weeks. Best way to find out about a city is by why are people there going to court for.
Theres a bar called STDs??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 03:35 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times
Merced, California No
Bakersfield, California no
Mammoth Lakes, California ok, gets cold though.
Inyokern, California no
Visalia, CA no
Fresno, CA no
Santa Ana ok but much better places.

My pick is still the Santa Rosa/ Wine Country north of San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California