Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you HATE living in California?
cost of living 91 56.17%
illegal immigrants 65 40.12%
too many people, too little space 59 36.42%
no privacy 14 8.64%
the crime 52 32.10%
the gangs 42 25.93%
no jobs - unemployment 27 16.67%
people's bad selfish attitudes 49 30.25%
the traffic 67 41.36%
the weather 13 8.02%
the dwindling education system 34 20.99%
other 39 24.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 09:11 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the advice, This state will be unlivable if Newsom gets in and I suppose he will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 01:32 AM

156 posts, read 163,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
We all know old people who are kind of cranky, this goes beyond the pale.

This is a daily poster who has never said one good thing about CA. If you hate the state that much and the politics( I'm not crazy about them either but I don't let it eat me alive, I choose to look at those gorgeous San Gabriel Mountains and be grateful I live in such a beautiful state). Nothing against Texas, but having been there a few times, other than the eastern part of the state and along the Gulf, it's pretty ugly.

If he chooses to remain than deal with it, nobody likes a broken record.

There was poster who decided after a few years they didn't like CA as much as they thought they would, so to their credit they moved back home to TN. I didn't agree with their viewpoint and thought they embellished a lot, but at least they took action.

Elderly people move all the time, some are "snowbirds" and go back and forth between places like NY and FL. It is not uncommon at all, in CA some retirees head to ID or AZ. People who love CA but decide to cash in the house they bought in 1973 for 30K and go.

If this poster is like this in real life, and I think they are, well go already.

Sell the house, sell the rental properties, they mentioned Oregon one time as being better. Well that's fine, but they better stay out of the Portland area, they have some people up there who will make the CA liberals that he hates so much look like right wingers....LOL.
To that I say Amen.

To that I say Alright, Alright, Alright. Lol

Dude the California forums are so toxic thanks to all the Negative Nancies on here. i've been fighting the good fight on other threads, but it's crazy how outnumbered I get with the haters.

I was making the point about Texas that not only is most of the landscape unremarkable, save for a few pretty areas, but the state has a pathetic 4.2% of public land. The majority of the state is off-limits to the citizens of TX. Compare it to CA, where 52% of land is set aside for public use. We can actually enjoy our beautiful land, unlike so many states in the union.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,554,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post
To that I say Amen.

To that I say Alright, Alright, Alright. Lol

Dude the California forums are so toxic thanks to all the Negative Nancies on here. i've been fighting the good fight on other threads, but it's crazy how outnumbered I get with the haters.

I was making the point about Texas that not only is most of the landscape unremarkable, save for a few pretty areas, but the state has a pathetic 4.2% of public land. The majority of the state is off-limits to the citizens of TX. Compare it to CA, where 52% of land is set aside for public use. We can actually enjoy our beautiful land, unlike so many states in the union.
It's funny if people don't agree with you they are negative nannies and haters.
Fighting the good fight-how noble of you. Maybe a possibility you are outnumbered is because you might not be right? You and on quixote both have your windmills.
Hey it's ok. . .Kyrie Irving believes the world is flat despite 100's of millions that don't. The difference is he doesn't address those that don't agree with him as haters. You and he are both fighting the good fight.

Again with the percentage of Public land, I addressed this on the other thread to which you had no answer to.
Many other states have beautiful land ( I know you California has the monopoly on this) and despite having a lower percentage of it being public they are not overcrowded so there is no shortage of it available. If there was I could see the argument for more land, but as it sits there is more than enough to satisfy people.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It's funny if people don't agree with you they are negative nannies and haters.
Fighting the good fight-how noble of you. Maybe a possibility you are outnumbered is because you might not be right? You and on quixote both have your windmills.
Hey it's ok. . .Kyrie Irving believes the world is flat despite 100's of millions that don't. The difference is he doesn't address those that don't agree with him as haters. You and he are both fighting the good fight.

Again with the percentage of Public land, I addressed this on the other thread to which you had no answer to.
Many other states have beautiful land ( I know you California has the monopoly on this) and despite having a lower percentage of it being public they are not overcrowded so there is no shortage of it available. If there was I could see the argument for more land, but as it sits there is more than enough to satisfy people.
@Seaindublin You see what I'm talking about? I'm now like a FLAT EARTHER because I'm saying positive things about CA. These forums have very interesting characters.

It's ironic that aslowdodge keeps stating that the public land in the South is so uncrowded compared to CA, yet it literally has the most crowded national park in the United States, The Great Smoky Mountains @ 9 Million visitors per year. Yeah I'm sure it never gets crowded there.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:35 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,659,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
Don't worry there are 5 more people to replace you.
Why would I be worried? More power to them. Let them stay in California and not help infect somewhere else.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:37 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,659,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post
The fact that you want to fight with everyone else to defend the bankrupt, broken, failed state that is California is... interesting.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
The fact that you want to fight with everyone else to defend the bankrupt, broken, failed state that is California is... interesting.
Lol Failed state. I can promise you that you've never actually been to a failed state or nation. I have. I know what it looks like and have seen the ramifications of it. Real poverty. People dying in the streets poverty. None of this, "I don't have the latest Iphone so I'm poor." I've seen & experienced corruption that is real, in your face & dangerous.

I have many family members who have immigrated to CA LEGALLY, and they are literally ALL successful. I have one cousin that is a business owner, several that are accountants, another a hotel manager, one is an architect, etc. They are all doing very well. That's because they don't sit around & bit*h all day about how CA is such horrible & failed state.

America is the greatest nation on earth & living in CA is a blessing and can provide tons of opportunities & a great life, unlike what all you haters are saying.

Never mind, don't let me interrupt your bit*hfest, please proceed.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:03 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times
I hate Calif. because all the Democrats here keep voting in Democrats and they think goverment is good. They fail to see how goverment wastes your money, is so inefficient.
If Republicans ran the state with smaller goverment and so much less waste of your money at every level Calif. would be so much better.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:12 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I hate Calif. because all the Democrats here keep voting in Democrats and they think goverment is good. They fail to see how goverment wastes your money, is so inefficient.
If Republicans ran the state with smaller goverment and so much less waste of your money at every level Calif. would be so much better.
The problem with that is even if you had a Republican gov you still have Democrats entrenched in every other position and ready to resist the slightest fart or suggestion. Ds have their demagoguery game down while promising to screw over the rich aka the middle class.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 PM

3,068 posts, read 1,736,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
You should make a choice for "all of the above"

sky high prices for rent, gas, groceries, cars etc...
the worst traffic in the country
over 2.5 million illegals
over 23,000 criminals released early back on to the streets from LA county prison because its too crowded
some of the worst unemployment rates in the country
some of the worst air quality and pollution in the country
unconstitutional and anti 2nd amendment gun laws
the worst lawmakers in the country trying to control your life
the state with the highest number of people living below the poverty line

and thats just off the top of my head...
Well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California