Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you HATE living in California?
cost of living 91 56.17%
illegal immigrants 65 40.12%
too many people, too little space 59 36.42%
no privacy 14 8.64%
the crime 52 32.10%
the gangs 42 25.93%
no jobs - unemployment 27 16.67%
people's bad selfish attitudes 49 30.25%
the traffic 67 41.36%
the weather 13 8.02%
the dwindling education system 34 20.99%
other 39 24.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:22 AM

312 posts, read 494,103 times

Advertisements

The lack of seasons was disgusting. Did Californians really vote for a temperate climate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Heh....according to you.
Heh ... according to history.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Cost of living is the same issue for me. The worst part is the COL doesn't have to be as high as it is. NIMBYs and enviro-Nazis work to prevent development, which has created sky high home prices and rents.
NIMBYs and enviro-Nazis aren't responsible for high real estate costs. The market is based on supply and demand. Your -- and others' -- protests against NIMBYs and enviro-Nazis as the cause of limited supply misses the reality mark by a mile. The more supply increases, the more people come to fill the place up and the rate of demand remains high.

Without restrictions on development, California would be a putrid, fetid sewer -- with good weather.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:56 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Please. This is the biggest lie OC tells itself. I lived in downtown HB for 10 years. The vast majority of that trash is locally produced.

Yes, we do have our share of homegrown Dbags. But the great majority of it comes in from the other side of the 405.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times
The only thing that is preventing me from going back after graduating from school is the CoL, I need to get myself established in a hopefully productive career first. The other issues listed are either problems you'll find nationwide or stuff I can easily work around. For example; the dwindling education system? That's a national issue, in general Public K-12 education in the US is pretty pathetic.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 AM

40 posts, read 50,592 times
seriously **** this thread. Why is there no poll option for loving california? You do realize there are countless millions across the world and even US that dream of living in California??

Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM

40 posts, read 50,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
You should make a choice for "all of the above"

sky high prices for rent, gas, groceries, cars etc...
the worst traffic in the country
over 2.5 million illegals
over 23,000 criminals released early back on to the streets from LA county prison because its too crowded
some of the worst unemployment rates in the country
some of the worst air quality and pollution in the country
unconstitutional and anti 2nd amendment gun laws
the worst lawmakers in the country trying to control your life
the state with the highest number of people living below the poverty line

and thats just off the top of my head...
Since you are all so aware of statistics, why dont you try this one: California is by far the most populated state in this country. California has 12 million more people than No. 2 Texas. How would it be possible for California statistically to not have the most of everything (good and bad). Your last few bullet points are just you being biased because you want to shoot guns and hate gays getting married. Time to get with the times.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:06 AM

Seriously. Also note that the vast majority of Californians, tens-of-millions, are happy as clams at high tide to be here -- regardless of cost of housing. As used to be said in the Navy when someone would threaten but never throw a punch: "I don't see no anchors holding your a**" [from leaving].

Old 10-07-2013, 01:26 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I voted "other."

Eco Tyranny counts CA as its test case.

30 years ago I was a young utopian Earth Firster. Funny thing, at the time, was, I didn't actually believe that any of my and my cohorts' radical ideas would ever see the light of day. Time passed, I changed to a moderate, and I never really gave a lot of it much more thought.

Now, sitting in 2013, in a sort of Karmic gotcha, my radical ideas from 1983 are an ever increasing raft of statutes. They are biting me and others on our behinds.

There's a place I grew up in. Had to regularly obey commands to stay inside because the air was so bad, it wasn't fit to breath.

But somewhere along the way, some people got tired of it, and did something about it. Big improvement.

[This clean air brought to you by the tireless, endless waves of naive CA Eco-Nazis, hellbent on making you all suffer the awfulness of sound policy-making that actually accomplishes something positive]
Goddamn hippies!

Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen View Post
The lack of seasons was disgusting. Did Californians really vote for a temperate climate?
I assume this is sarcasm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California