Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 03:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,061 times

Advertisements

So, i have an issue, i want to move to California because i have always wanted to live there.

I want to live somewhere that is close to SF so I'm close to work, i have four vehicles (car truck and 2 motorcycles) so i cant really live in an apartment and i cant seem to find any townhouses with a 2 car garage for some reason within 40 miles of SF (someone should link a good real estate website for me to look at) and i want to know if there is any trails i can take my dirt bike and truck out on, and if there is any tracks i can take my street bike and car out to that are relativity close to the SF area. i also have and a pit bull i don't know if that is going to effect anything. i also own 3 guns and would like to know where the ranges are around SF.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 AM

23,535 posts, read 24,029,400 times
Plenty of real estate websites: Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, etc. To get a place with a large garage in the City, this would cost a small fortune, as space is limited and at a premium. But, go out to the East Bay and you should be able to find a place (Castro Valley, Fremont, Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon, etc) which is large enough.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:36 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
You can always get a storage unit for the vehicles. You can't drive them all at once anyway.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:10 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
I'm thinking you should check out Concord. Low crime, blue collar type suburb, right next to Walnut Creek. It has a BART station, so you could take BART to SF. My aunt, uncle and cousins lived there. Visited them all my life. I like Concord fine.

There are shooting ranges all over the Bay Area.

If you are searching using the term "townhouse," that could be your problem. Not a lot of townhouses in the Bay Area. Mostly apartments or single family homes.

Here's a search for Concord. I just searched for the neighborhoods around Concord, and filtered using the word "garage" and a place that allows dogs. Here's the results:

SF bay area apts/housing for rent classifieds "garage" - craigslist

Here's an example:

Pacheco, near Hwy 4/680, RV parking, two car garage, pet's welcome

You'd have to drive a few miles to the BART station.

To find a place that will take your pit bull, you'll probably have to be a little out of the way - a place not in as high demand as properties right near BART.

Here's a shooting range in Concord, with outdoor facilities:

United Sportsmen

Welcome to California!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,061 times
Default Good Idea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You can always get a storage unit for the vehicles. You can't drive them all at once anyway.
That is a really good idea, what storage units will allow car storage? and then maybe i can get an apartment in the city and just keep my street bike and my car with me at the apartment.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM

Location: Overlooking the vineyards, olive groves, cattle and horses in the hills of San Miguel CA
167 posts, read 336,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsomeoneama View Post
That is a really good idea, what storage units will allow car storage? and then maybe i can get an apartment in the city and just keep my street bike and my car with me at the apartment.
Good luck finding a rental of at almost any cost wherein the landlord allows a Pit Bull... I have a 18 month-old 110 lb. intact male APBT who will soon be a service dog for a member of our family. We were lied to by our Veterinarian in Santa Cruz who said that we needed to neuter our Pit just to live legally with him in town (we just needed a $100.00 'breeder permit') and also lied to us about State-registered Service Dogs requiring neutering... also bs- no such regulation exists or ever has. Our dog is UKC registered but no one's ever asked for proof- but I'll bet SF will. SB 861, signed into law by Schwarzenegger gave every city and County in the state a legally-protected springboard into breed-specific legislation. Guess which breed they are going after?

So be prepared to put up with more bs about your Pit from all directions in the Bay Area than you've ever before experienced. The rigamarole involved is both daunting and expensive. But do-able, and quickly... the city issues (also $100.00) breeding permits to approved owners whose dogs are registered with the AKC, UKC, or American Dog Breeders Association. Many landlords will only rent to you with proof of Renters' Insurance that specifically covers your liability with your Pit AND a sizable additional Security Deposit.

As for the guns- it'll be way easier to own and use them out in Concord than in SF- cheaper, too.

I guess it boils down to your doing either the rental in SF and the storage outside town OR someplace like Concord for everything... it's close to tracks, dirt trails, ranges, lots of open space for yer Pit, etc... I agree with NMSFM that Concord perfectly fits the bill. Take your pick- you can't lose either way!

Last edited by threepounduniverse; 10-20-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California