Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 AM

3 posts, read 6,857 times

Advertisements

I know this has been posted before, but I really need updated help. I am moving to Bakersfield (I'll get back to California any way I can!) Due to time restraints I am not able to get to Bakersfield to find a place to live.
I'm female and single so I want to be extremely careful about the area I live in. I really don't want an apartment, as I've owned my own homes for the last 13 years and I have pets. My dad is in San Pedro and I can't commute 2 plus hours 5 days a week. I would like to rent a small house in a safe area. Craigslist creeps me out and I've run into a bunch of scammers so far on Zillow and Trulia. Are there any local resources that list rental houses? I will be working in Downtown Bakersfield and I don't mind a 30 minute commute. I hate to have to buy as I hope to move within 2 years to LA, but it looks like it might be cheaper to buy a place considering the rental prices. If anyone knows of local resources for safe, clean and affordable rental homes please let me know. I keep walking around my house wondering what I can bring with me since I have no idea where I'll end up. Please, any advice would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,362 times
Try the local newspaper; the Bakersfield Californian. Bakersfield Home Hunter

Old 12-04-2013, 12:12 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default Use Youtube Bakersfield California Real Estate Videos

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Pedro Girl View Post
I know this has been posted before, but I really
need updated help. I am moving to Bakersfield (I'll get back to California any
way I can!) Due to time restraints I am not able to get to Bakersfield to find a
place to live.

Quote:
I'm female and single so I want to be extremely careful about the area I live
in. I really don't want an apartment, as I've owned my own homes for the last 13
years and I have pets. My dad is in San Pedro and I can't commute 2 plus hours 5
days a week. I would like to rent a small house in a safe area. Craigslist
creeps me out and I've run into a bunch of scammers so far on Zillow and Trulia.
Are there any local resources that list rental houses? I will be working in
Downtown Bakersfield and I don't mind a 30 minute commute. I hate to have to buy
as I hope to move within 2 years to LA, but it looks like it might be cheaper to
buy a place considering the rental prices. If anyone knows of local resources
for safe, clean and affordable rental homes please let me know. I keep walking
around my house wondering what I can bring with me since I have no idea where
I'll end up. Please, any advice would be great.
Use Youtube Bakersfield CA Videos.......
Bakersfield California Real Estate - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California