Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,223 times

Advertisements

I'm 18, high school is almost over just a few more months to go.I've been thinking of moving to CA. It just seems good for me.

The problem is I would have to find a job and have no college degree.

I really want to work at a medical marijuana dispensery because I believe in the medical values of that plant. So, I would try to find a shop to work at before moving there.

I would also have a car and very little money at the time of graduation >$10000

I would just like some advice on the livig situations in California and some advice on what I said
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 11:04 PM

35 posts, read 56,418 times
California is the best town to live. It has many cities like San Jose, Cupertino, Palo Alto and many more. Life is very simple here. You will find every possible service here. No need to wander to find services you will find it nearby you. It is the most secure place to live.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:09 PM

341 posts, read 708,281 times
Unfortunately, you won't be able to find Yeungling lager too readily in the Golden state as Yeungling is based out of Pottsville PA and not really found outside of the northeast , mid Atlantic, and parts of the Midwest/Appalachia/South

Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtom View Post
I really want to work at a medical marijuana dispensery because I believe in the medical values of that plant. So, I would try to find a shop to work at before moving there.
Here ya go, and this is only looking at the LA Craigslist for "budtender"---probably work all over the state:

los angeles all jobs classifieds "budtender" - craigslist

Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,036,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROHANJAIN View Post
California is the best town to live. It has many cities like San Jose, Cupertino, Palo Alto and many more. Life is very simple here. You will find every possible service here. No need to wander to find services you will find it nearby you. It is the most secure place to live.
This post makes absolutely no sense.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:32 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
sounds like you dont have much work experience? you would be lucky to get a job at Burger King at age 18 just out of high school

Old 12-23-2013, 11:51 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
This post makes absolutely no sense.
So far, neither does this thread.

If we are trying to make sense for our wayward MMJ warrior, we might suggest boning up on COL, 215 issues re: housing, and maybe get in touch with folks at the Harborside collective.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:39 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Unless you know your marijuana strains and what strains are good for what conditions, you will find getting a job at a dispencery a tough score.
Do you know your strains? The difference between Indicas and Sativas?
Not to mention that dispenceries are getting shut down. They have become more of a call in an order and get it delivered. So perhaps you could find a driving job easier. However, if you are not familiar with an area, it can be tough getting around.
There are some places that you don't want to make the wrong turn.

Depending on where you go and what skills you already have, you can find some kind of service job; waitstaff, pizza places, gas stations, sales clerk etc. and be able to get by. But that all depends upon where you go and how you go about it.
I had to have a room-mate when I lived in Southern California and even then could only afford a tiny in law unit and I was making more than minimum wage. Up north I was able to afford a cottage while being a single mom. And that was done on working 3 nights a week as a bartender.

I would not count on finding a job before coming here. If you are dead set on moving to California, best thing would be to get out here and get a job ASAP. You won't find a rental without a job so you will have to find some where or something to be your temporary home. Cheapest is your car, depending on where you are and time of year, a campground works for a nice home base and is cheaper that a motel. Then there are people. There are those types that can find people who have the space to offer up to someone looking to relocate and give them temporary shelter.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,223 times
Yes ik my indicas and sativas and I also know some strains. I wouldn't think that they would expect you to know everythibg though.
I was thinking about contacting a collective and asking questions like wages hours legal issues etc
I currently do have a job so I have some job experiance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California