Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 05:12 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times

Advertisements

Que... gringo?

Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Funny thing how so many of the folks bitching about "hispanics", are often themselves descended from Cali's last great wave of "immigrants", aka, the Okies who fled the Dustbowl and moved west after the Great Depression!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MS4gFPr2Hk

Old 09-20-2014, 02:07 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Unless 100% of your lineage goes back to Europe, you are NOT white. LoL, it seems like a west coast thing, where so many nonwhites try to claim they are white. So wierd...

Don't get me wrong, there are European types who live in latin america and speak spanish. But they are not latino. The same goes for all those black baseball players with spanish last names. Their roots are from AFRICA, they are BLACK.

White is white, black is black, latino is latino, asian is asian, islander is islander, semite is semite, arab is arab, and mixed is mixed. Pretty simple.
The last word in this rant sums up the gist of this point of view.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:10 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Unless 100% of your lineage goes back to Europe, you are NOT white. LoL, it seems like a west coast thing, where so many nonwhites try to claim they are white. So wierd...

Don't get me wrong, there are European types who live in latin america and speak spanish. But they are not latino. The same goes for all those black baseball players with spanish last names. Their roots are from AFRICA, they are BLACK.

White is white, black is black, latino is latino, asian is asian, islander is islander, semite is semite, arab is arab, and mixed is mixed. Pretty simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The last word in this rant sums up the gist of this point of view.
Simple is as simple thinks?

Old 09-20-2014, 02:33 PM

Or as the Stormfront crowd says these days, "Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white"!

Old 09-20-2014, 02:55 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxNews View Post
I laugh at this stupid thread as if Hispanics are scaring away whites from California. Most 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics I know do not even know how to speak Spanish and are a bunch of hipsters that hang out with their White and Asian hipster friends and in fact most of these hipster Hispanics are marrying whites at a higher the rate than other races are. Everything will be fine in California no need to fear.
These 2nd/3rd and many 1st generation Hispanics marry all types of people.

My first serious relationship was with a Japanese-American. I have Mexican- American friends/family married to: Japanese, Dutch, Jamaican, Swiss, African-American, and Filipino people. Many are married to American Whites.

These types of posts are just so silly- they are made by sheltered people who probably don't get out much and live their lives behind a computer, believing all types of conspiracy theories.

Your post made me laugh, my brothers and sisters are all hipsters with Asian/White friends. Lol!

Old 09-20-2014, 03:37 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Or as the Stormfront crowd says these days, "Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white"!
The new racism is denial of it's existence.

But that idea tends to be a tough sell to the "one-drop rule" crowd. Gotta keep it pure, and all that.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:39 PM

Yup, just like pointing it out is "intolerant"! Off-topic, but BTW "reframing" the language and issues is precisely what a lot of think tank money buys these days.

Getting back to the OP, seems to me that even a fully "hispanic-ized" California is gonna be a much different place than say South Florida, where the Latino population (aka, Cuban) is already well over 50%, with Spanish commonly being the "2nd language"… simply because Cuban and Mexican cultures are very different.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:08 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxNews View Post
I laugh at this stupid thread as if Hispanics are scaring away whites from California. Most 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics I know do not even know how to speak Spanish and are a bunch of hipsters that hang out with their White and Asian hipster friends and in fact most of these hipster Hispanics are marrying whites at a higher the rate than other races are. Everything will be fine in California no need to fear.
All of the 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics I know (plenty) know Spanish. However, that doesn't mean we can't be friends with each other.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:03 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman1 View Post
I guarantee that they can't carry on a conversation in Spanish. They probably know how to say Adios, Si and Que.
No, the ones I know are perfectly fluent in the language. I still see no problem with that, and I'm one of those terrible Christian white conservative Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California