Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 06:07 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Not true. large swaths of extremely poor hispanics do not have the murder rates that blacks do. Even where the incomes are high, like middle class black suburbs of DC, the murder rates are higher than hispanic cities like Loredo and El Paso.
those cities in TX tend to be different to the cities here in CA with the Hispanics. some of the cities here are crazy as well but they don't have the same amount of murder rates like black-majority cities. in fact, far less the murder rates but they tend to be higher than white-majority cities.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:12 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Latino/Hispanic is not a race so its hard to say weather or not they are the majority but I would say yes. You can be black, mixed or white to be Latin. I am Jewish and I have Latinos in my family. Latinos are probably the most diverse ethnic group in the United States and their cultures vary greater on what Spanish speaking country they come from.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:29 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
That's true, and many times when folks bring up this or that "race", I think what they're really talking about is "culture", which varies a lot, even within that particular "race". And even then, there are no "typical" black or hispanic folks, anymore than there are typical "whites" (of course not counting the ones who claim that they're the "real 'Murikins"…lol)!

Old 09-22-2014, 08:26 PM

4 posts, read 5,108 times
I welcome Hispanics. Let them in. Good family values and full of faith.
What will happen if Republicans finally figure us out and we begin to vote for them?
I want to vote Republican. They have my views more than Democrats.
That will not happen when they seem so negative about us. Maybe it will change in future.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,108 times
I welcome fellow Hispanics. Let them in. Good family values and full of faith.
What will happen if Republicans finally figure us out and we begin to vote for them?
I want to vote Republican.
They have my views more than Democrats. That will not happen when they seem so negative about us.
Maybe it will change in future.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:22 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanhan View Post
They have my views more than Democrats. That will not happen when they seem so negative about us.
'Tis a good rule of thumb to avoid voting for those who regard one's race/ethnicity with contempt and disdain.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:42 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That's true, and many times when folks bring up this or that "race", I think what they're really talking about is "culture", which varies a lot, even within that particular "race". And even then, there are no "typical" black or hispanic folks, anymore than there are typical "whites" (of course not counting the ones who claim that they're the "real 'Murikins"…lol)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
'Tis a good rule of thumb to avoid voting for those who regard one's race/ethnicity with contempt and disdain.

I think Republicans probably will eventually abandon being radical protestants or evangelists because they'll realize it's no longer a winning strategy. It's not just "religion" that gives them a bad name, but it's also many other things; excessive crony capitalism, racism, only identifying with whites or white culture, xenophobia, violent hate culture based on insecurity (gun obsessed), war hungry and commercializing patriotism just to name a few. All of that is what drives me away as well. I mean look at the GOP Convention in 2012. It was 99% white people. The 1% being Mark Rubio and Condoleezza Rice. To me that doesn't represent America or it's changing demographics. How can any economically disadvantaged person look at Ann Romney standing up there with her fake smiles making up stories about how rough her husband had it growing up and think "gee, I can totally relate to her!"

Of course when all else fails they blame a Mexican...

Old 09-26-2014, 10:48 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanhan View Post
I've often wondered about this too, the Republican's family values perspective seems to fit rather well.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:47 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
I doubt it. With so many claiming white in 2010, the white population increased dramatically.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:16 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I've often wondered about this too, the Republican's family values perspective seems to fit rather well.
As long as the family is the right color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California