U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 PM

35,679 posts, read 62,994,586 times

Advertisements

Stay Classy
Quote:
CBS News 8 cameras were rolling
around 9:00 p.m. Tuesday when the
two got into a dispute over where the
fire engine should park while
firefighters were responding to the
crash that happened... on I-805
Officials: Dispute between CHP officer, firefighter an 'isolated - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 PM

16,584 posts, read 25,604,801 times
Leave my city's firefighters alone!

Yeah this is big talk in the San Diego area right now. It happened in Chula Vista but I have two friends, one's husband is a firefighter and the other has a brother who is. They agree the CHP officer was wrong or in their words; "CHP is AAA with a gun.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:25 AM

9,197 posts, read 15,866,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Leave my city's firefighters alone!

Yeah this is big talk in the San Diego area right now. It happened in Chula Vista but I have two friends, one's husband is a firefighter and the other has a brother who is. They agree the CHP officer was wrong or in their words; "CHP is AAA with a gun.
Well, one side is heavily armed, the other isn't. Tough to win a dispute with that disparity.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,856,785 times
I have worked both professions.

I would never arrest another professional doing their job in the performance of their duties. Heated discussion later..maybe
I also know from working both careers that fire and Leo see scene safety very differently .... but I am not going to second guess scene protection with an engine...I could care less about the million dollars a minute... Chp admin is on the hook for this one... they need policy revision

Chp's mission is to keep traffic flowing... the stat is mind boggling... something like a million dollars a minute for I-5 shutdown slowdowns...

This is bad for all involved ... no way there will be any prosecution in this matter. I see better training and policy coming down

Sad day for all... to my chp brothers ... probably would have been the time to bump this one up to the brass before action was taken... hard to do on the side of the road
Hindsight is always 20/20

Old 02-06-2014, 07:21 AM

25,626 posts, read 34,684,546 times
How about each of these nitwits call their respective commanders if they couldn't resolve their dispute.

I suspect both were hotheads and one has arrest powers.

Dumbasses the both of them.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:29 AM

5,889 posts, read 12,302,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
How about each of these nitwits call their respective commanders if they couldn't resolve their dispute.

I suspect both were hotheads and one has arrest powers.

Dumbasses the both of them.
Yeah. I gotta go with this one right now. I'd like to hear/read the full "unbiased" story

Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 AM

5,889 posts, read 12,302,365 times
I do remember a story from some of my firefighting buddies back east.

Big accident on the Taconic Parkway. Gasoline all over the road, and a Dutchess County Sheriff decides to light a road flare.

My friend had to tackle the sheriff to prevent him from moving into the gas spill area with a lit flare.

We have some real geniuses working to "protect" the public

Old 02-06-2014, 10:28 AM

6,958 posts, read 21,286,966 times
I have a friend who flew air tankers for the state forestry. He also hated Law Enforcement types.

One drop he gave a little right rudder to make sure the CHP car directing traffic got a portion of the Pepto Bismol. Open doors on the car too!

Scene safety ought to be paramount. Blocking with an engine is a method taught by almost all departments.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:02 AM

1,485 posts, read 850,313 times
Unbelievable!
The cops in CA are way out of control.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,483,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Scene safety ought to be paramount. Blocking with an engine is a method taught by almost all departments.
I was on I-5 one early morning heading into LA. There was a single car accident and a couple of big rigs were the first ones to come up on it. One of the big rigs deliberately blocked the traffic. That was the first time I'd ever seen that done.

The accident scene was totally blacked out so it was a good thing that he did that. The car had several people in it, including several kids, and it took awhile for everyone to get out of the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California