Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
As much time as I've spent investigating crop circles and Bigfoot.
What do you mean, "investigating" crop circles? They're real, they exist. Bigfoot has never been proven to exist, while a few people have admitted to having faked Bigfoot footprints and dressing up in ape costumes.

The interesting thing about crop circles is that they were dreamed up by a group of artists when they first appeared, as a new art form. I think that's very cool. And they're beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 05:28 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
You have to be a dope not to know sodas aren't the best thing for you. What, they can cause obesity???

People who drink sodas won't have an epiphany because of a warning label. Go ahead and put them on. It's a waste of time.

I swear the politicians in California have to collectively have the IQ of a grapefruit. What a bunch of dolts.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:39 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,499 times
While I'm repulsed by obese people, I find this law stupid. I used to work with a lot of fat people so I saw how they ate everyday. All of them knew how they became fat. They accepted it as a consequence of their lifestyle. A warning label won't change anything.

Maybe after this proposal they can add a "No Duh" warning label to lawn mowers that say you can hurt yourself if you run it over your foot.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:43 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times
with the problems that California is currently experiencing (poor schools, state broke, etc) I would think your politicians would be more interested in solving those issues instead of how much sugar you eat.? if these do-gooder politicians REALLY cared about your health, cigarettes and alcohol would be illegal.. btw, when I was young California used to be a cool place. now its become a nanny state in so many ways.. are you still allowed to burp and fart in your your state ?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
with the problems that California is currently experiencing (poor schools, state broke, etc) I would think your politicians would be more interested in solving those issues instead of how much sugar you eat.? if these do-gooder politicians REALLY cared about your health, cigarettes and alcohol would be illegal.. btw, when I was young California used to be a cool place. now its become a nanny state in so many ways.. are you still allowed to burp and fart in your your state ?
They'll never make cigarettes and liquor illegal, because the state makes too much tax money from them. Plus, the last time they tried to make liquor illegal, it didn't work out.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:28 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
And you have no idiot politicians in Ohio? No problems in your state? No stupid laws?

I agree that this politician is wasting value time and energy on this cause. But, back off on blasting my home state altogether. Please.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:47 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
When it comes from certain people, exactly! Past experience is an excellent teaching aid on when not to waste one's time.
You know nothing about what I"m talking about but you sure as h*ll think you do . Go ahead and remain ignorant, Mr. know-it-all.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I swear the politicians in California have to collectively have the IQ of a grapefruit. What a bunch of dolts.
They're not dolts. They just are addicted to power and control. This is just the latest of a gazillion examples.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:50 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
First the bag police, 10 cents for a bag, now the sugar police, wow.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But how many people know just how detrimental that junk truly is?
They don't want to know. They've been weened on this stuff, and are all but addicted to it now. Whereas there is a case to be made for libertarian freedom to consume as we please (even while sending present and future health care costs through the roof because of it), kids only know of and care about what tastes good, or is colorful, or comes with a toy, etc. If any law is made in the interest of public health, it should be in the interest of helping prevent the addiction to take hold in the first place.

Or, we get...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California