Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 04:12 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,823,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You're just scared of your precious South OC utopia being overrun by 909ers.

Oakland or even LA are too far away to be a threat to your world, Santa Ana's too small, but the thought of IE Visigoths loose in your precious Dana Point is too much for you to bear.

You shouldn't complain, OC Boy. At least you wouldn't be in the same state with LA anymore!
Nothing an armed barrier on the 5 and 405 won't solve (the 73 is too pricey for most 909ers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 04:13 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
It's not going to happen and lol @ people who think it's a possibility. Creating a new state requires not only an act of Congress but 2/3 States' ratification, and if you think you could get that sort of cooperation in this political climate you're beyond delusional.
Craeting a new state requires a Congressional vote. Period.

The only state that has to ratify it is the state (or states) from which the new state(s) is/are being created, if the state is being created from the territoryterritories of one or more states.

Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1:
Quote:
New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.
But that's enough to make the chances of this particular proposal happening non-existent.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:32 AM

833 posts, read 1,198,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
This guy is a clown. He splits up the state to make Silicon Valley the richest state and explains it's because "of unique demographic and culture issues."

Then he pairs Inland Empire and Riverside with OC and San Diego, as if all of those counties are culturally similar and the same.

Why doesn't he just be honest and say "I want to hoard all the wealth into a mini-white-collar techie empire so I don't have to deal with all the poor brown people ruining the state. That's someone else's problem."

Here's hoping this guy's investments implode and he has to relocate to Stockton.
Sure as hell ain't my problem, nor is it other tax payers problem. Where do I put my vote in

Old 03-01-2014, 02:27 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,823,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Sure as hell ain't my problem, nor is it other tax payers problem. Where do I put my vote in

Old 03-01-2014, 04:38 PM

151 posts, read 459,561 times
This will never happen because the upcoming mega tsunami will instantly wash away all of the coastal filth. I'm not talking about plastic bags.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Stupid plan is conservative effort in futility

A Conservative plan to split up the state to try to gain more political traction. An absurd plan that is not only a waste of time, but a stupid idea.

Conservatives need to focus on helping those less fortunate, rather than striving to separate the haves from the have-nots, or the historically-discriminated against from those historically-privileged.

In this state, what else do conservatives have to do? They are otherwise dead here.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:46 AM

5 posts, read 5,466 times
Default freedom to disconnect

we should withdraw from the United States
t to Washington takes all our profits in his pocket.
we feed them and they spend the money on unnecessary wars and palaces anyone
These freaks of Washington drive us into a bloody civil war

Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 AM

They are killing civilians in all defenseless countries.
Why we will support them?

Old 03-02-2014, 01:59 AM

We are strong and independent states can autonomously sushestvovat and wimps who do not feed our hands take away our wealth for themselves the illusion of safety.
See how Washington imposes its forces in weak countries
and destroys civilians there! Us around the world have looked upon as terrorists.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:02 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
For the most part, there's only one half of the political spectrum that wants to divide and conquer California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California