Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 10:46 AM

28 posts, read 82,331 times

Advertisements

Anyone live in or near Three Rivers and know what it's like?

I had a few specific questions:

1. If you bought a spread a little ways off the road, let's say an acre to 5 acres in size, would you be able to shoot on your own land?

2. Is there good river/stream fishing in the area? (I'm assuming yes, but have no idea how the Kaweah river is in terms of fishing)

3. What's the internet like here? I need to be connected to reliable high-speed for work.

4. Is the community open to outsiders? I don't want to move somewhere that everyone shuns people from the "big city" (I'm from Orange County).

5. Are there horse properties here? From looking at Zillow/Trulia it seems like there would be, but I'm not seeing that listed in many of the property listings. What's the horse situation like in the area?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
I live about 30 miles south of Three Rivers, but go there often and know the area pretty well. So to answer your questions:
1. Probably yes, depending on how far off the road and how close your neighbors. If you're off out in the woods, I don't think you'd have trouble target practising. Poaching animals out of season will bring fish and game down on you quickly.
2. The Kaweah and St. Johns river and Terminus Dam are excellent fishing. Sequoia National Park is just up the road a ways and I would suppose that there are good trout streams up there.
3. Don't know about the internet or who the ISPs are.
4. The community is very open to outsiders. Most of them are former outsiders.
5. I see lots of horses there. I would imagine that the horse property is really expensive if anywhere near the river; however, it probably is much cheaper once you get off of highway 198 and get on some of the back roads. Check with some of the real estate agents in Visalia and they would be the ones with Three Rivers listings.
Hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:46 PM

28 posts, read 82,331 times
Hi Janellen,

Thank you for your detailed response! I am definitely going to take you up on your advice of contacting a local realtor. This area sounds just about perfect to me =)

Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Not to sure where exactly this is in California, but you might be within range for an Internet provider called Digital Path, or Digi-path. It will cost to get the equipment installed, but it is WAY better than any provider be it phone or satillite.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
The only three rivers I know of is Trois Rivieres in Quebec.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,010 times
ATT is the captor of the 3R phone market. No other cellular will work, and most have landlines and internet via ATT. There is no single answer to your internet question. Depending on the terrain, elevation, part of town, density you may get 1.5 MBPS or you may get 6.0. Even on the same street. You may not have this problem down the hill farther, but that is not 3R. If you don't need dependable streaming, you are okay. I'd check out that element before buying. But hey. This is a tourist town. Come and spend some money and find out for yourself.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
I live in a very similar area to 3 rivers. Satellite Internet can be had just about everywhere. It does have some latency issues, but they do keep improving it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California