Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area would you rather live in?
North San Diego County 28 60.87%
South Orange County 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 05:13 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times

Advertisements

North sd county is way more laid back. Orange county just needs to be annexed by arizona already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 05:56 AM

37 posts, read 78,978 times
Encinitas has a a few clubs that are pretty good. I didn't see any clubs in South OC. Downtown SD is a bit of a drive from North Co for clubbing. Oceanside & San Marcos also have clubs but they're a little rougher with a different demograph.

Rough areas would be parts of Oceanside, most of Vista, most of Fallbrook, parts of San Marcos & most of Escondido. Rough as in gangs which include, Mongols, Hells Angels, Vagos, Crips, Sur13. I've personally seen members from all of these gangs. In South OC I only saw gangs in San Juan Capastrano.

There are some affordable housing/rent areas in South OC that can have some trouble but that's usually individuals & not gangs.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:24 AM

27 posts, read 176,072 times
In general North County SD is pretty quiet. In Carlsbad it was difficult to find places for just dinner past 9:30 sometimes. I would agree that Encinitas or maybe even Del Mar could be options depending on what you are looking for. However, uncharacteristically there has been some violence in the past year at night clubs in Encinitas.

If you are really into nightlife then you probably want to live much closer to downtown. Driving down to the Gaslamp from NC is doable but would get old really fast if doing it regularly.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM

13 posts, read 60,813 times
So in my point of view, it seems that the only things that South OC has over North/Central San Diego County is more open space, slightly less crime, possibly a stronger economy, a greater abundance of good schools and suburban areas (even though North San Diego County has a lot of great schools as well), more kid-friendly activities than adult activities (again, even though North/Central San Diego County has many kid-friendly activities as well, on top of many adult activities), and more chain restaurants instead of more diverse/independent restaurants. It seems that North/Central San Diego has a greater variety of more interesting things for people to do in general. I feel that South OC having either barely any to no nightlife at all is a huge letdown for many people. Would most people agree with that? Any insights on this would be very helpful please.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 AM

And I still don't know how the shopping areas between both counties compares with each other..

Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofasaregood View Post
I feel that South OC having either barely any to no nightlife at all is a huge letdown for many people. Would most people agree with that? Any insights on this would be very helpful please.
Only people who move to South OC for the wrong reasons. I live in South OC and am glad there aren't a lot of bars, nightclubs, and everything pretty much shuts down by 9-10pm. If I wanted all of that, I would have stayed in SF, or West LA.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 AM

Thanks ExeterMedia, does anybody else have any suggestions or opinions about these topics? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:37 PM

Anybody? I wish the people that took the time to view and read this thread would give their thoughts..

Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM

I'm considering just closing this thread if nobody else is going to give their thoughts or opinions on this topic.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:36 PM

33 posts, read 41,595 times
As someone considering potentially moving into this area I have found this thread interesting. Anyone else have views opinions on the differences between south OC and north SDC?

If it isn't against the rules I'd like to add a subquestion, if you worked in Irvine how far from Irvine could you live and still be under a 90 minute commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California