Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,820,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
That is the agenda. Take away arms from law abiding people so that only the criminals have them = dictatorship. Even a few liberals are waking up to the true agenda of "gun control".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYU5Pipl1E
The entire liberal rational for curbing or removing the 2nd amendment has been based on questionable logic at best, and not an actual serious discussion of law, and its implications. The funny thing is even liberals know this, that's why Piers Morgan got canned at CNN.

Yee is simply a byproduct of that misguided logic.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,803,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yee is finished but anyone who thinks that we are all going to therefore vote for Republicans because of the actions of a few bad apples in the left is really off the mark.

The uncompromising, childish, obstructionist, angry nature of the GOP these days really turns me off even if I agree with them on many issues.

Lose the attitude and exclusionary tone and you just might win an election.
Their are 40 state senate seats, 29 held by democrats, 14 republicans and one vacant. In less than a year 3 democrat senators or just over 10% have been brought up on corruption.

At this point we are way past the "bad apple" analogy.

I don't see any republicans trying to bring RPG's and machine guns into the country to sell to gangs.

Maybe it is time for Californians to wake up and realize that one party rule is bad for the state.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,634,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yee is finished but anyone who thinks that we are all going to therefore vote for Republicans because of the actions of a few bad apples in the left is really off the mark.

The uncompromising, childish, obstructionist, angry nature of the GOP these days really turns me off even if I agree with them on many issues.

Lose the attitude and exclusionary tone and you just might win an election.
I hear you, but this could actually have HUGE ramifications to San Francisco politics. We will still elect Democrats, but there could be a meaningful influx of new faces.

Leland is a self-serving Piece of garbage. He is facing a lifetime in prison, basically. He will definitely roll and try to cut a deal and he knows A LOT of the power players and kings makers in San Francisco. Do you honestly, party affiliation aside, think that Rose Pak, Willie Brown, and Phil Ting are not corrupt?

This could cause a lot of dominoes to fall.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:02 AM

643 posts, read 915,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Report: Sen. Leland Yee arrested on bribery, corruption charges | News - KCRA Home

A great justice was done for democracy today. This guy's nanny-state-liberal days of trying to ban video games, trample the 2nd amendment, and shop lifting tanning lotion are now over. I think I'm going to have a few beers this afternoon in celebration. **** yeah! A truly great day for the State of California.
Can you please point me to the place that says all liberals want to ban everything (including guns)?? I am very liberal myself, yet I dont believe in banning anything and I support the 2nd amendment.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,803,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
Can you please point me to the place that says all liberals want to ban everything (including guns)?? I am very liberal myself, yet I dont believe in banning anything and I support the 2nd amendment.
Here is our senator fienstein saying that she wishes she could ban and confiscate all guns in America

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4AcjyuV38

Old 03-27-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
Can you please point me to the place where I said all liberals want to ban everything (including guns)??

Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 AM

19,171 posts, read 16,610,689 times
Another disgusting story about a corrupt politician. The majority of them are and yet there are still people who worship these insects. Looking forward to seeing more of them arrested. I'd love to know what our president thinks of this slime what with all the talk about gun control.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:57 AM

833 posts, read 1,196,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Can you please point me to the place where I said all liberals want to ban everything (including guns)??
The better question here would be.... Can you show me where liberals DONT want to ban everything?

Don't worry....... I'll wait...........

Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
The better question here would be.... Can you show me where liberals DONT want to ban everything?

Don't worry....... I'll wait...........
Nice. The kid has been following me around from thread to thread trying to get my attention. I don't want to give him anymore incentive.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 PM

50,164 posts, read 46,859,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
A sad day in Bay Area politics, regardless of where one stands.

Moving forward, the irony is quite entertaining. Gun trafficking while attempting to destroy our 2nd amendment rights.
It's almost like he thought it would be the perfect front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California