Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you like best?
LA 25 25.77%
San Francisco 25 25.77%
San Diego 25 25.77%
Sacramento 18 18.56%
Fresno 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 11:08 PM

6,897 posts, read 8,267,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
That's cool that you think it's awesome that you had to drive 4 hours today so you could surf for 2 hours.
Now I really know you don't surf, did you even read what I posted.

"I just came back from 2hours of surfing at OB" -- you probably still don't know what that means, goggle it. See if you can figure it out.

And, yet you live in Dana Point and still don't know what that means, wow, and always amazes me how ignorant coastal and southern Californians can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 11:48 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If you compare SD and LA, I think the overall scenery is better in the LA area. The mountains are much more distinct, larger, and adds a lot to the cityscape. I think the beaches are (naturally) prettier and nicer in LA County than SD. Now, with that being said, I prefer the lifestyle of San Diego over LA. I don't dislike LA by any means. It has plenty of cons but what city doesn't? SD just meshes more with my style of life and at the end of the day, that's a different thing for everyone.
Oh please, I like LA more than San Diego, the beaches there are not as impressive. LA beaches are dirtier, more crowded, murkier and colder water, weather on the beach slightly cooler. One LA County beach I love is Descanso Beach on Catalina for the clear and calm water, and Malibu is nice. But San Diego is known for having the best beaches in the state, certainly a notch above LA.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
It's all about perspective, SoCal is way overcrowded for someone who really wants quiet secluded beaches. And it's not like SoCal ocean water is warm; it's pretty darn cold to someone from Florida, Hawaii, or east coast in the summer.

Also, not everyone wants a warmer SoCal beach scene, NorCal coastline is unique and offers cool secluded redwood covered coastline with spectacular coastal walks/hikes. The activities one does at a NorCal beach/coastline are not necessarily the same as what one values in a SoCal beach. Again, I still love SoCal water temps and beach scene; it's just that you refuse to accept and/or value the virtues of Sacramento, itself and downplay it's accessibility to varied environments.
The OP stated he wants a warm beach scene, not cold and foggy weather pretty much year-round with frigid waters.

And SoCal waters reach 73F pretty much every September. That is far warmer than NorCal waters, which are about 55F all year. And the beaches of the Northeast are only like 75F in summer-2 degrees warmer than SoCal's.

Even so, SoCal's beaches are better than much of the Southeast because places like MS, TX, Georgia, South Carolina, have murky waters and ugly coastal scenery besides a few palm trees and maybe a nearby marsh. SoCal has better coastal scenery and the water is blue instead of mud-colored.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:54 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Now I really know you don't surf, did you even read what I posted.

"I just came back from 2hours of surfing at OB" -- you probably still don't know what that means, goggle it. See if you can figure it out.

And, yet you live in Dana Point and still don't know what that means, wow, and always amazes me how ignorant coastal and southern Californians can be.
Dude why are you still following me around? You're coming off as extremely butt hurt. It's making me laugh.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:50 PM

6,897 posts, read 8,267,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Dude why are you still following me around? You're coming off as extremely butt hurt. It's making me laugh.
Yeah really why are you following me around, you STILL can't figure that out can you, ahhh, little girl.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:45 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
I voted for Fresno out of pity since it only had 1 vote.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:14 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,076,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
LA beaches are dirtier, more crowded, murkier and colder water, weather on the beach slightly cooler.

And alot more dangerous!

Drunken man TRIES to start a fight at Venice Beach - YouTube

NEW NUT JOB fighting AT VENICE BEACH Part 2 - YouTube

VENICE BEACH FIGHTS, SEASON ONE, EPISODE (6) - YouTube

Old 05-17-2014, 08:53 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
LA is actually 2nd in this poll? LOL. Such a sh*t hole. Between the illegals, homeless, bums and gangbangers, there is a lot to love I guess!

In Los Angeles, 1 in 10 residents is an illegal immigrant, study says - CSMonitor.com

Old 05-17-2014, 09:41 PM

But nobody goes to swim in the dirty waters of Venice Beach anyways. They go there for the Bohemian vibe.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:40 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,085,425 times
Is L.A. County really that much of a crappy place to live? I mean I understand its overly crowded. But I see a pattern of people saying how much L.A. sucks. I'm trying my hardest to squeeze valuable, unbiased information out of these forums, though its quite difficult sifting through the booster/bully banter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California