Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

for all the undesirable illegals as you cite, there are many who are far better contributors to your American way of life than an incredible number of low-life, worthless, scum-bags LEGAL citizens at every socio-economic level of our society.
BINGO!!!

Just because one was fortunate enough to be born into a favorable situation (i.e, USA) and is thus said to be a LEGAL citizen, does not negate their ability to be a completely repugnant jacka** compared to people who work their a**es off AND pay their dues without complaint who don't happen to have a friggin' piece of paper on them. That kind of uber-narcissistic righteousness and damning rhetoric quite reeks of how the Third Reich viewed all who were not among their idea of the perfect race, since somebody brought up Nazis.

[Besides, when did Teabaggers get all hysterical about "law-abiding" propaganda anyway? Boston Tea Party, anybody? American Revolution?] "Law" often runs in opposition to "justice".

Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
I would follow the law. Because for every "Jose", there are 100 other people who are here illegally who don't contribute to Social Security, don't pay a single dime on taxes, get into car accidents with no insurance, commit violent crimes, fill up our already overtaxed prisons (illegals are 25% of the federal prison population), and are sucking up resources that could be used for people who are here legally and went through the process.

Leland Yee I would want to boot, but he will be a federal prisoner for a very, very long time. That's the law, though it would be nice to put the guy on a raft and float him out to sea (again, we have laws against that, so Leland unfortunately gets to stay).

You see, you live in a society with laws and rules, and even though it's not perfect, society functions fairly well when people aren't breaking the law all the time at their personal whim. Plus it's much better than the "alternative".
Ok then. Since I don't believe there is a "right" or "wrong" choice, I'll just say preferences noted.

Now let's go back to the part of the question you didn't answer:
We identified a couple bad guys, and we got rid of at least one.
What was "extreme liberal" or "far right Nazi" about sending Jose packing?
You merely did what I suggested in the earlier post: get rid of the bad players.
Did that make you an "extreme leftist"? Or a "SS Nazi lieutenant"? Which?

You got rid of a decent, hard-worker who contributed to America's needs and revenue stream. Got rid of him because he was an "illegal".

You kept the scumbag American, because he is legally a citizen even though he broke numerous, serious laws and contributed to defacing the character of our essential political system and will now cost taxpayers a million or so to convict and another million or so in appeals and another million or so to incarcerate.

By the way, I would be interested in how you know that for every Jose there are at least "a hundred" more leeches?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
By the way, I would be interested in how you know that for every Jose there are at least "a hundred" more leeches?
Again, you can't be this unaware. You think every person that crosses the border makes it known they are here to the US authorities? LMAO! Most are scared to death they will be deported. Why do you think there are houses EVERYWHERE across CA with 15-20 Mexicans living in them? Because maybe 1 or 2 are legal citizens and the rest are hiding out doing absolutely nothing but collecting the Welfare and food stamps the legal ones applied for and receive. You can't be that gullible to believe the state can keep track of every illegal who cross the boarder LOL

Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Again, you can't be this unaware. You think every person that crosses the border makes it known they are here to the US authorities? LMAO! Most are scared to death they will be deported. Why do you think there are houses EVERYWHERE across CA with 15-20 Mexicans living in them? Because maybe 1 or 2 are legal citizens and the rest are hiding out doing absolutely nothing but collecting the Welfare and food stamps the legal ones applied for and receive. You can't be that gullible to believe the state can keep track of every illegal who cross the boarder LOL
We've been through this before, mbell. And we all know that the state can't keep exactly accurate track. But they can keep scientifically derived approximate statistics - which they do and I have linked how to you before - and then apply an error compensation factor of roughly 15% overage. These derived statistics are used to manage programs for both government and business -- which programs and projections work pretty well, thus verifying the ballparking methodologies are quite good.

Speaking of all your capitalized LMAO's and "you can't be -- !!!!!"s. Do you really believe that mbell is one of the few people who understand the realities of illegal populations? You don't think that professional, highly educated statisticians with decades of highly paid experience working for government and research organizations with successful track records might possibly have figured out the truth of your fears?

Old 05-31-2014, 09:13 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,823,805 times
Quote:
Ok then. Since I don't believe there is a "right" or "wrong" choice, I'll just say preferences noted.

Now let's go back to the part of the question you didn't answer:
We identified a couple bad guys, and we got rid of at least one.
What was "extreme liberal" or "far right Nazi" about sending Jose packing?
You merely did what I suggested in the earlier post: get rid of the bad players.
Did that make you an "extreme leftist"? Or a "SS Nazi lieutenant"? Which?

You got rid of a decent, hard-worker who contributed to America's needs and revenue stream. Got rid of him because he was an "illegal".

You kept the scumbag American, because he is legally a citizen even though he broke numerous, serious laws and contributed to defacing the character of our essential political system and will now cost taxpayers a million or so to convict and another million or so in appeals and another million or so to incarcerate.
I don't know what to say Tuley. It's called the law for a reason. What use is the law if no one follows them? Or if you make an exception to the law every time you "feel it's right" to break it? Allow a few illegals in, change the Constitution, no harm done right? It's not a perfect system, like I said, but it's far better than the alternative.

Quote:
Jose is basically a figment of your imagination that you're throwing up there to load your initial question. Let's not deal with your personal fantasies about "Jose", let's deal with the facts and real numbers of illegal immigration, shall we?

The cost of illegal immigration to the country is $113 billion at the state + federal level. California spends about $22 billion a year in annual expenditures for illegal aliens.

Chew on those numbers for a while.

http://www.fairus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=4921

Old 05-31-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I don't know what to say Tuley. It's called the law for a reason. What use is the law if no one follows them? Or if you make an exception to the law every time you "feel it's right" to break it? Allow a few illegals in, change the Constitution, no harm done right? It's not a perfect system, like I said, but it's far better than the alternative.

Jose is basically a figment of your imagination that you're throwing up there to load your initial question. Let's not deal with your personal fantasies about "Jose", let's deal with the facts and real numbers of illegal immigration, shall we?

The cost of illegal immigration to the country is $113 billion at the state + federal level. California spends about $22 billion a year in annual expenditures for illegal aliens.

Chew on those numbers for a while.

http://www.fairus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=4921
Exey, I didn't say it was okay to break any law. And I have repeatedly stated that I am not pro-illegal immigration. I have, as always, simply stuck to observing realities.

And speaking of realities, you quote and link information from FAIRUS? Holy crap. Designated a "hate group"? One agenda? Tell you what. How about you look at Fact-Checking those figures you just threw out?
Cost of Illegal Immigrants

Old 05-31-2014, 09:31 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,823,805 times
Quote:

And speaking of realities, you quote and link information from FAIRUS?
How can you call them a hate group? They basically support your entire platform about immigration into California (they are actually far less radical than your "throw out the worthless people" viewpoint).

Quote:
Checking those figures you just threw out?
Okay Fairus claims $113 billion per year for the U.S.

Your own link claims a figure of around $40 billion to $60 billion aggregate a year when you combine their medical/education/local/federal/Rice university estimate, total cost figures. In fact they don't even estimate the total cost at the state and federal level, in your link, the author claims they don't know what it is. At least Fairus tried to estimate it (law enforcement, prison cost, etc).

$60 billion to $113, that tells me your fantasy man Jose isn't paying the bills man. Tell him to get another job.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
How can you call them a hate group? They basically support your entire platform about immigration into California (they are actually far less radical than your "throw out the worthless people" viewpoint).

Okay Fairus claims $113 billion per year for the U.S.

Your own link claims a figure of around $40 billion to $60 billion aggregate a year when you combine their medical/education/local/federal/Rice university estimate, total cost figures. In fact they don't even estimate the total cost at the state and federal level, in your link, the author claims they don't know what it is. At least Fairus tried to estimate it (law enforcement, prison cost, etc).

$60 billion to $113, that tells me your fantasy man Jose isn't paying the bills man. Tell him to get another job.
Again, Exerter, I didn't claim Jose was paying the bills. I suggested that people should educate themselves to the factual realities and then engage in conversation about solutions on a prioritized basis. I would also remind you that the figures you are throwing around are for the nation, not the state.

Kind of like the "12 million illegals in California" figure you threw out in a post a couple days back. When that is the national population estimate. California's illegals are estimated to be 2 million. Details. Who needs 'em, right, Exey?

Now come back and tell me that correcting your factual misrepresentations is somehow "far left". Or wait, is it "Nazi SS"? You accuse me of both, even though they are opposites.

You know, if I were a conservative, I would find you embarrassing as well.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
So what?

That means that Calif leads the nation in the number of poverty ridden, welfare sucking illegals.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That means that Calif leads the nation in the number of poverty ridden, welfare sucking illegals.
No. What the poster reported doesn't establish the connection. Population growth from immigrants means legal, as well as illegal. And illegal has been on the decline since 2006. California does lead the nation in illegals, but the current immigration / migration trends are not connected to increasing illegals.

Further, population growth has been from births, as well. Now I suppose you will come back saying that those births are "anchor babies". Which is also a very low figure, if you bother to do the research to learn the truth rather than accept knee-jerk popular legend.

Regardless, so what if migration is negative? The more that leave the better. Any people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California