Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 03:03 PM

21,769 posts, read 16,420,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post

That is what political columnist do...generate propaganda. Think man Think!
Yes, think. That is what I am doing. I am thinking there is no such thing as "pomp pomps". And I am also wondering what political agenda a 2x Pulitzer Prize winning editorialist from Seattle, Washington has for publishing an opinion piece comparing California and Texas in a Baltimore, MD newspaper. Could he be on to something??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,460,712 times

Old 05-11-2014, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,836 times
Texas has large inferiority complex with California. The two states are part of the same family of states which were founded at similar times and came into the union to some degree by the same folks. Now, CA seem to get the looks and the brains. Texas got the heart and toughness, certainly not the looks or brains.

Lately Texas has been trying to bring it's self up by bringing others down. We all know this never works. Texas should be thankful that it's sister state sends it people who make Austin what it is.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:00 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Inferiority complex about any state is a strange theory all made up by some lame conspiracy theory mentalities.

Texas has nada to feel inferior about.

And BTW don't insult the Austenite's as many are not too happy about the increase of Californians.

I see you registered just to post in this thread. I smell a troll.

Last edited by TVC15; 05-11-2014 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-11-2014, 07:19 PM

96 posts, read 205,755 times
Quote:
Inferiority complex about any state is a strange theory all made up by some lame conspiracy theory mentalities.

Texas has nada to feel inferior about.
LOL....

As I said, there's no need to put down another state in their own forum unless you feel some "need" to justify your chosen state. Usually, such needs are driven by a feeling of insecurity that other people don't give enough "kudos" to your "tribe", whether it be a sports team, your home city, or your state or country...

I LOVE giving kudos to California (and NJ and FL) because of my interests in the state but that does not blind me to its faults. I try to give stats instead of personal opinion...so, some more reasons why I love California:

Most Innovative States
California #2
Top 20 Most Innovative States: Digital Bragging Rights - Bloomberg

The Greenest States
California is #14
America's Greenest States - Forbes

Wealth Distribution By State
California #1
Pie Chart of the Day: Wealth Distribution By State - Insider Monkey

Highest Median household Income
California #10
List of U.S. states by income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Size of Economy
California #1
List of U.S. states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 PM

yawn

Selfish people promoting their own agenda gets rather boring.

We get it already...you only hold the HS Educational Attainment.

I live here and you don't so wave your pom poms all that you must while I enjoy the beautiful scenery and weather.

Today was gorgeous!

Old 05-12-2014, 12:42 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,545,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somersetguy View Post

Then we go on to quality of life and well-being...as in which people in which states are the happiest and think better of their lives.

Best cities to live in terms of overall quality of life (Gallup) in 2014

California has THREE cities in the top 10, Texas ZILCH.

Texas has one city in the bottom ten. California has none.

Provo, Utah is the Best Place to Live According to Gallup's Ranking of America's Cities - The Wire
OAKLAND in a top 10 list of places to live? LMFAO!!!! Sure, if you love gangs and street violence. What a joke of a list. I can pull lists with places like Plano and McKinney TX in the top 10 of best places to live in the US....

Old 05-12-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
OAKLAND in a top 10 list of places to live? LMFAO!!!! Sure, if you love gangs and street violence. What a joke of a list. I can pull lists with places like Plano and McKinney TX in the top 10 of best places to live in the US....
Keep in mind this poster thinks that his links are the real deal

About what you would expect with a HS Educational Attainment. LOL!

Old 05-12-2014, 01:54 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,435,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
That list ranks metropolitan areas, not individual cities. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont MSA =/= Oakland by itself.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 AM

21,769 posts, read 16,420,821 times
Quote:
Keep in mind this poster thinks that his links are the real deal

About what you would expect with a HS Educational Attainment. LOL!
You question the motivation and relevance and knowledge of a 2x Pulitzer Prize winning editorialist from Seattle, WA posting comment observations about California and Texas in a Baltimore, MD newspaper - and now you suggest that you know the OP has only a high school education (as opposed to his having stated he has multiple graduate college degrees).

But wait! There's more! As they say on the Tee-Vee box. You also are suggesting that a high school education makes a person dumb while college makes a person smart!? Dear heart, some of the dumbest people on this planet are college graduates. Some of the smartest never graduated even high school.

But I do want to thank you - and the great state of Texas, both - and I am sure I speak for most of the readers on this forum when I say: you are a unique individual and the forum would not be nearly as fun were it not for your contributions to California dialogue. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California