Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:03 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,069 times

Advertisements

If FairUS's numbers are wrong, why has no one challenged them with their own studies and findings over the past 10 years? Why does just about every news outlet use FairUS findings if its not factual? Let me guess, ABC News and all these other organizations are all racist and wrong too right?

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News
Illegal aliens cost California billions - Washington Times
You pay nearly $1B a year to house illegal immigrant prisoners | Investigations | Bakersfield Now - News, Weather and Sports
Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Finds | Fox News
Antonovich: LA County Cost for Illegal Aliens is $1.6 Billion Per Year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 08:23 PM

21,731 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
If FairUS's numbers are wrong, why has no one challenged them with their own studies and findings over the past 10 years? Why does just about every news outlet use FairUS findings if its not factual? Let me guess, ABC News and all these other organizations are all racist and wrong too right?

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News
Illegal aliens cost California billions - Washington Times
You pay nearly $1B a year to house illegal immigrant prisoners | Investigations | Bakersfield Now - News, Weather and Sports
Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Finds | Fox News
Antonovich: LA County Cost for Illegal Aliens is $1.6 Billion Per Year
I find it hard to believe you are actually this dense. Your sources are now the Washington Times? And FOX News? You are saying that ABC News concurs with FairUS? ABC News is reporting that a Conservative Group claims, etc. They're not claiming. The Washington Times and FOX News are not ethical, independent journalists. They are blatantly conservative agenda mouthpieces. They don't even dispute so.

Why has no one challenged FairUS? How do you know they haven't been challenged? You don't look to find challenges, that's why. But anyway, most legitimate organizations publish their own information in its own right. They don't bother responding to irresponsible fringe agendas. What a waste that would be.

Learn how to learn about things that you wonder about - as opposed to lapping up the foam spread by hate group agenda talking heads on AM radio. Think for yourself for a change. Base your thinking on a commitment to accurate information, logic, truth. Draw conclusions from that process.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Why has no one challenged FairUS? How do you know they haven't been challenged? You don't look to find challenges, that's why. But anyway, most legitimate organizations publish their own information in its own right. They don't bother responding to irresponsible fringe agendas. What a waste that would be.
Great, please feel free to post links to factual information on how much money CA spends on illegals each year. Not your left wing, liberal garbage about how much taxes illegals pay. They amount they cost for incarceration, health care, Welfare etc....far outweighs what they contribute. I'll be waiting for links to your findings.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:06 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post

Actually, spending a fraction of our money to put a roof over the head of someone who put their life on the line for the rest of us doesn't sound like such a horrible undertaking.
I was afraid everyone would vote yes on this bill, simply because they would feel Un-American if they didn't. I'm sure the real estate developers and the large management companies that will manage these subsidized housing units were banking on it. What a coup. You can bet they broke out some expensive champagne.

The thing is, vets already get preference for low income housing in CA. This bill says we must build more low income housing that ONLY the vets can live in.

And, yes I will say it. There are a lot of scary and/or mentally ill homeless people who happen to also be vets. Do we really want them all to move to CA?

And 750 million dollars is nothing? Not when the state has 750 million in the black, apparently.

BTW, I have learned to completely ignore the illegal immigrant rants. Not worth addressing.

You can't reason with unreasonable people.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,571 times
Quote:
My point exactly, clueless voters...They either 1) didn't know he was arrested and all the crimes he committed 2) Voted for him anyways because he's a Democrat 3) Voted for him anyways because he's a minority
No, your point was his vote was evidence of the voting patterns of the majority. It's not.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Great, please feel free to post links to factual information on how much money CA spends on illegals each year. Not your left wing, liberal garbage about how much taxes illegals pay. They amount they cost for incarceration, health care, Welfare etc....far outweighs what they contribute. I'll be waiting for links to your findings.
mbell, I have already posted link after link after link after list after calculation after explanation on this topic of illegals for you. Many many many times in the past. I'm not going to keep going back again and again for you to ignore and continue repeating your BS.

What I am going to do, though, is keep calling you out on your BS when you post. The point isn't to convince you, since, as others have observed, you are clearly unreachable. The point is to alert others to your complete and utter biased nonsense.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I was afraid everyone would vote yes on this bill, simply because they would feel Un-American if they didn't. I'm sure the real estate developers and the large management companies that will manage these subsidized housing units were banking on it. What a coup. You can bet they broke out some expensive champagne.

The thing is, vets already get preference for low income housing in CA. This bill says we must build more low income housing that ONLY the vets can live in.

And, yes I will say it. There are a lot of scary and/or mentally ill homeless people who happen to also be vets. Do we really want them all to move to CA?

And 750 million dollars is nothing? Not when the state has 750 million in the black, apparently.

BTW, I have learned to completely ignore the illegal immigrant rants. Not worth addressing.

You can't reason with unreasonable people.
As I wrote before, I am a war vet myself, but agreed that this housing bill was unbalanced. That said, I wasn't worried about it. It isn't a significant percentage of budget to get upset about for me. And it isn't wasted money. It does serve a purpose. A very good one. The fact that the money could have been spent serving a broader base doesn't negate its value where it will be placed. And some developers and managers would be celebrating and benefiting from whoever the money would have been spent to serve. So, all in all it's a wash there and it's fine.

Will "they" all move to CA now? Nah. The program will serve a defined number of vets. When its full, it'll be full.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:39 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
mbell, I have already posted link after link after link after list after calculation after explanation on this topic of illegals for you. Many many many times in the past. I'm not going to keep going back again and again for you to ignore and continue repeating your BS.

What I am going to do, though, is keep calling you out on your BS when you post. The point isn't to convince you, since, as others have observed, you are clearly unreachable. The point is to alert others to your complete and utter biased nonsense.
Good call he he. I tried to rep you, but it wouldn't let me rep you again.

Quote:
As I wrote before, I am a war vet myself, but agreed that this housing bill was unbalanced. That said, I wasn't worried about it. It isn't a significant percentage of budget to get upset about for me. And it isn't wasted money. It does serve a purpose. A very good one. The fact that the money could have been spent serving a broader base doesn't negate its value where it will be placed. And some developers and managers would be celebrating and benefiting from whoever the money would have been spent to serve. So, all in all it's a wash there and it's fine.

Will "they" all move to CA now? Nah. The program will serve a defined number of vets. When its full, it'll be full.
When it's full, there will be a waiting list.

I guess I see a lot of homeless folk, and I know about waiting lists for subsidized housing. If the word gets out that there are great benefits for homeless vets, what's to keep them from moving here, getting on the waiting list, and simply being homeless here until their number gets called?

A possible up-side, though, if you are right and no vets move here from outside of CA for these great new vet apartments, is that if the vets in CA all move into the vet units, there will be more units available for non-vets in the non-vet-only buildings.

I wish that would be the case, but I don't have your optimism on this one.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:

Alll you've done is post left wing, liberal nonsense about how ILLEGALS pay $2 Billion in taxes for CA, big deal. The cost the state and us taxpayers spend on them is far more. You have never once posted any info on how much money the state spends on illegals, no one aside from FairUS has, so I'll choose to believe them until someone else does a conclusive study to prove otherwise.

Last edited by dexter14; 06-05-2014 at 12:17 AM..

Old 06-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Alll you've done is post left wing, liberal nonsense about how ILLEGALS pay $2 Billion in taxes for CA, big deal. The cost the state and us taxpayers spend on them is far more. You have never once posted any info on how much money the state spends on illegals, no one aside from FairUS has, so I'll choose to believe them until someone else does a conclusive study to prove otherwise.
I haven't posted anything from outside mainstream, credible media, government, and polling from the most highly respected, successful, independent sources that have proven track records over up to 40 years time.

You. on the other hand - uh

My reports / corrections to your nonsense in the past, have, indeed, shown that the cost to taxpayers is higher than what the illegals pay back in taxes. Never denied it. I simply showed that difference accurately and included the calculation for you in showing what actual percentage of state expenditures goes to illegals: less than 1.7%. If it is your passion to run a crusade against illegals based on their 1.7% cost to the state budget, knock yourself out. If you are honest in your facts and figures, I won't have to embarrass you with corrections.

However, keep in mind the old saying: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - but not their own facts." Facts is facts, bub.

Of course you will continue to believe FairUS. You've made it your identity and you are incapable of confronting how silly that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California