Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 12:17 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
You're out of your flipping gourd.
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:19 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Pinterest wants a 311,000 sq ft building in downtown SF for their headquarters and they're willing to push out current tenants to get it done. Yikes. The office market in The City is very cut throat these days.

Pinterest's Design District deal would push out tenants - SFGate

Quote:
Just as showroom businesses are bouncing back from the recession, dozens of tenants in the San Francisco Design Center building at 2 Henry Adams St. face likely eviction if the landlord is successful in obtaining the approvals needed to convert the 311,000-square-foot building into Pinterest's headquarters...

Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Pinterest wants a 311,000 sq ft building in downtown SF for their headquarters and they're willing to push out current tenants to get it done. Yikes. The office market in The City is very cut throat these days.

Pinterest's Design District deal would push out tenants - SFGate
Hope they're prepared for battle. The usuals will hit the streets, and then some, in this case.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:27 AM

457 posts, read 756,799 times
This is the best thread on the CA forum. Not sure if you have posted this before, but SF now virtually has full employment S.F.'s new job problem: Everyone's working - SFGate

You know that anti-business San Francisco

Old 06-28-2014, 02:31 AM

457 posts, read 756,799 times
Another article on the same topic. Stunning that SF has now more jobs than the height of dot com bubble It?s raining jobs: Number of employed San Franciscans hits all-time high - San Francisco Business Times

Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 AM

13 posts, read 16,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Welcome aboard Kate

California doesn't get much press on manufacturing but it does remain the leader with big plans to bolster it.

From May 28th, 2014 Press: GO-Biz Announces SoCal Named National Manufacturing Community

excerpts:

Another article on the manufacturing grant (May 28th, 2014) Business news: Southern California getting huge federal manufacturing grant | Represent! | 89.3 KPCC

The new mayor of Los Angeles's commitment to manufacturing expansion (October 15, 2013) Garcetti Promotes L.A. Manufacturing | San Fernando Valley Business Journal

Great..Information is right and excellent...Thanks

Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
This is the best thread on the CA forum. Not sure if you have posted this before, but SF now virtually has full employment S.F.'s new job problem: Everyone's working - SFGate

You know that anti-business San Francisco
This IS a great thread.

That said, one must be careful to distinguish between something happening because of something else, and something happening despite something else. The area is attractive for a number of reasons. It's not impossible for there to be plenty of jobs in San Francisco AND for the city to be business unfriendly. It's quite plausible in San Francisco's case. Tulsa couldn't get away with it. San Francisco can.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:16 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
This IS a great thread.

That said, one must be careful to distinguish between something happening because of something else, and something happening despite something else. The area is attractive for a number of reasons. It's not impossible for there to be plenty of jobs in San Francisco AND for the city to be business unfriendly. It's quite plausible in San Francisco's case. Tulsa couldn't get away with it. San Francisco can.
Precisely correct

And I vote for anything that makes SF business unfriendly in hopes it will even slightly stem the tide of insane growth.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:21 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Precisely correct

And I vote for anything that makes SF business unfriendly in hopes it will even slightly stem the tide of insane growth.
I can help you here. These are the things that you can do to make San Francisco less attractive to business. Simple anti-business policies aren't going to get it done. Here's my plan:

1. Get the city to take down the GG Bridge.

2. Remove Alcatraz and Angel Island. They look too good sitting out there. We need to get rid of as much scenery as we can.

3. "In the interest of the elderly who want to take up cycling", flatten the city. Get rid of those hills that contribute to the beauty.

4. Make it hot and humid like Houston.

5. Chop down Muir Woods. Get rid of anything close to San Francisco that is cool.

6. Relocate Napa, Sonoma, and the entire wine country. We can't have any world class wine destinations within a short drive.

7. Paint the coastline black with real crude oil. Make the entire coastline within 100 miles of San Francisco look like an eyesore.

8. You know that fog that rolls over the Marin Headlands and the rest of the city almost daily? Sometimes it looks pretty neat. Get rid of it. Anything and everything that adds charm needs to go.

9. Get rid of those nice Victorian homes. They belong in New England anyway.

10. Turn Fisherman's Wharf into a crack ***** mall.

11. Only allow the merchant's at Pier 39 to sell the same set of items you'd see at the market in Tijuana.

12. Pay to relocate all of the good chefs to some other city far away.

13. Get rid of those cool looking museums and any other building that has great architecture. Even City Hall looks better than many state capitals.

Once you've done all that not as many business owners and employees will want to live there. The problem is that you probably won't want to live there either. You'll be searching for another marina in some distant place to call home. The place will just be another city. In the meantime some CEO at some company is weighing where to run his business and has to decide. Geez, where would I rather live....Do I put up with protesters or live somewhere that blows Would I rather see Alcatraz or nothingness Would I rather drive to Napa for the day or drive 2 hours to visit a single po-dunk winery bragging about receiving 20 points for its vintage 2014 wine Would I rather walk through the Redwoods or a field full of Mesquite trees

Old 06-30-2014, 09:27 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I can help you here. These are the things that you can do to make San Francisco less attractive to business. Simple anti-business policies aren't going to get it done. Here's my plan:

1. Get the city to take down the GG Bridge.

2. Remove Alcatraz and Angel Island. They look too good sitting out there. We need to get rid of as much scenery as we can.

3. "In the interest of the elderly who want to take up cycling", flatten the city. Get rid of those hills that contribute to the beauty.

4. Make it hot and humid like Houston.

5. Chop down Muir Woods. Get rid of anything close to San Francisco that is cool.

6. Relocate Napa, Sonoma, and the entire wine country. We can't have any world class wine destinations within a short drive.

7. Paint the coastline black with real crude oil. Make the entire coastline within 100 miles of San Francisco look like an eyesore.

8. You know that fog that rolls over the Marin Headlands and the rest of the city almost daily? Sometimes it looks pretty neat. Get rid of it. Anything and everything that adds charm needs to go.

9. Get rid of those nice Victorian homes. They belong in New England anyway.

10. Turn Fisherman's Wharf into a crack ***** mall.

11. Only allow the merchant's at Pier 39 to sell the same set of items you'd see at the market in Tijuana.

12. Pay to relocate all of the good chefs to some other city far away.

13. Get rid of those cool looking museums and any other building that has great architecture. Even City Hall looks better than many state capitals.

Once you've done all that not as many business owners and employees will want to live there. The problem is that you probably won't want to live there either. You'll be searching for another marina in some distant place to call home. The place will just be another city. In the meantime some CEO at some company is weighing where to run his business and has to decide. Geez, where would I rather live....Do I put up with protesters or live somewhere that blows Would I rather see Alcatraz or nothingness Would I rather drive to Napa for the day or drive 2 hours to visit a single po-dunk winery bragging about receiving 20 points for its vintage 2014 wine Would I rather walk through the Redwoods or a field full of Mesquite trees
Roger all that. Lmao, great post
FYI: #11?
Mission accomplished already!
It's a start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California