Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Santa Clarita 7 35.00%
Laguna Niguel 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:47 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,474,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
Agreed--Santa Clarita is more comparable to Temecula or Murrieta than it is to Irvine and Laguna Niguel, especially in terms of housing costs, weather, people, etc., and a better comparsion would be Thousand Oaks vs. Irvine/Laguna Niguel.

Although I'd live in Santa Clarita if I worked in Burbank or maybe Glendale and wanted to live in a suburban environment, Santa Clarita feels a little more "gritty," if you will, than most upscale suburban communities in Orange and Ventura Counties, consistent with, say, Rancho Cucamonga. I've noticed that the nicer suburban communities in LA and SB Counties in particular seem a little less polished overall than those in Orange, Ventura, and even Riverside Counties. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think that if I wanted the full suburban experience, I'd avoid Santa Clarita, unless, of course, it was the most practical option given the location of my work.
Glendale and especially Burbank aren't suburban environments? They're a different kind of suburbia, but still suburbia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 04:38 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,056,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
I'll take Santa Clarita.
Right because Santa Clarita is so centrally located to everything a person could ever want including the ocean and the many (non existent) urban areas/job centers to the west, north and east. Why even Bakersfield is not too far away, and the nightlife in Lancaster and Sylmar is at your fingertips if you want it. Add to this the far superior weather to that along the coast.

Some on here are so clearly contrarian that I cannot help but laugh.

I think Santa Clarita is a decent place but come on.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:02 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,776,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Right because Santa Clarita is so centrally located to everything a person could ever want including the ocean and the many (non existent) urban areas/job centers to the west, north and east. Why even Bakersfield is not too far away, and the nightlife in Lancaster and Sylmar is at your fingertips if you want it. Add to this the far superior weather to that along the coast.

Some on here are so clearly contrarian that I cannot help but laugh.

I think Santa Clarita is a decent place but come on.
You can laugh all you want, but in the end, it's my opinion and what I MYSELF prefer. I lived in Orange County and it wasn't for me. Why are you rolling your eyes at my own opinion? I couldn't care less what others prefer, I'm just answering the OP's question. News flash, not everyone is too find of Orange County. Santa Clarita over Irvine/Laguna any day. It's closer to Los Angeles and everything I love in LA, which makes all the difference.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:30 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,636,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofasaregood View Post
Hey everyone, I want to know which area you would rather live if you were to raise a family. For Santa Clarita, I'm specifically talking about the Valencia/Stevenson Ranch area, and if you were to commute to northern Los Angeles for work. And for Laguna Niguel (or any other town close by) if you were to commute to Irvine for work. Do nearby amenities play an important role for where you'd rather live? Even though the schools in both areas are supposed to be great, do you prefer one area's schools over the other? And factoring in cost of living and taxes for both areas, does that play an important role for you too? Please let me know which area you'd prefer. Any comments will be very helpful. Thanks!
I have never lived in or near Santa Clarita, so I can't voice an opinion on the quality of life there. I do live in South Orange County, and believe you can find what you are looking for here. Laguna Beach is obviously a huge draw for this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California