Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 09:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times

Advertisements

No. If you aren't happy in CA then move out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 09:36 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Personally, I think California should be divided into 38 million states.
Every man, woman, and child for him/herself.
I claim the Bay Area.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:15 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
OP, what is your opinion?
My opinion is that I would seriously consider looking at the equality of dividing California into two states, north and south. I think a north/south division would make sense socially, politically, and economically. I think the thread that currently holds the state together is the issue of water. The northern half of the state has it and the southern half doesn't. I think if that issue was resolved then a division would be feasible.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:25 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I claim the Bay Area.
Tulemutt,

Didn't San Francisco already have an emperor?

Encyclopedia of San Francisco

Old 06-22-2014, 12:09 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
Advocates for six Californias are circulating petitions to divide the state. Would you be willing to sign this petition?

Advocates of splitting California into six states gathering signatures*-*Los Angeles Times
If I were to favor some rethinking of the state, I would be more likely to favor the migration of Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and maybe Santa Cruz counties as its own state. Hasta la vista. Have fun with your high tax anti working people policies, leave the rest of us the hell alone.

I dont think that dividing into 6 states for whatever reason serves any purpose. And to those folks in Jefferson, how you going to survive? You are SOOOOOOOO dependent upon the richer parts of the state to pull you out of your meth ridden lives!

Last edited by chuckmann; 06-22-2014 at 01:24 AM..

Old 06-22-2014, 12:17 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I claim the Bay Area.
Funny you should say that. Cant remember specifically, but a decade or two ago there was a lot of talk on the local right wing stations about personally sovereignty, meaning that legally speaking, individuals can claim themselves to be sovereign, and no subject to the legal oversight of government at any level.

You might look HERE to begin, but if I recall the discussions I heard on the radio at the time, the process is not simple, not quick, not easy.

IIRC, the promulgators stated that once declared by law in court as a sovereign individual, one is no longer subject to the government at any level, With all that may imply, and not all of it good.

Be careful what you wish for.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:21 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Don't need 6. Two or possibly three would be just fine

Old 06-22-2014, 01:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
No.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
My opinion is that I would seriously consider looking at the equality of dividing California into two states, north and south. I think a north/south division would make sense socially, politically, and economically. I think the thread that currently holds the state together is the issue of water. The northern half of the state has it and the southern half doesn't. I think if that issue was resolved then a division would be feasible.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. One of my CD pet peeves is when someone posts a link to somewhere else and doesn't give their own opinion on the matter. Makes me feel like a bug under a microscope for someone's entertainment lol!

But....how would you resolve the water problem?

I don't get why people are obsessed with splitting up the state. Wherever you live, there will be differences of opinions. Do you really think that if you cut the state in two, that all democrats would be on one side and all republicans on the other?

It's just so illogical.

And then there's the water...

Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Default Would you sign this petition?

What? Give Washington 10 more senators and a bunch more congress critters? Are you kidding me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California