Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 PM

30 posts, read 34,903 times

Advertisements

Seriously! And yes, it matters where you are at. I don't think there's such a thing as a 3K sqft home in SF. It would be 2 billion. Around here the homes are huge and the lots are small. Go figure. Pack 'em in and tell them it's toxic to go outside. Oh wait, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 06:46 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,592,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Orange County has the lowest unemployment rates in the state, 5%
Not exactly, Marin is currently 3.8% and Orange County is well behind other Bay Area counties.

Geographic Information Systems Maps

Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,592,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
No work in Sacramento? Myopic!

Plenty of work in my neck of the woods. 8% unemployment rate= 92% employment rate. I have a job. All of my co-workers have a job. All of my unretired friends have jobs.
Not in high tech, most jobs are in the major metro areas or nearby. I work in high tech, so options are limited.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:02 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
Not exactly, Marin is currently 3.8% and Orange County is well behind other Bay Area counties.

Geographic Information Systems Maps
Thanks but I wouldn't call half a percent more "well behind"

Old 07-17-2014, 10:12 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
This. There are plenty of us who remember when this state used to be awesome. Before all the liberals took over, before it became a safe haven for illegals, before it became a nanny state, before all the jobs moved to other states, back when there was still a hard working, blue collar middle class...we will try and return it to that time rather then concede defeat and leave.
Yet on the thread listing locations where people throughout CA can attend a rally against the very issue you bring up(Illegals), your response was "NO THANKS" in regards to attending one.

How exactly do you return CA to what it once was, when you can't even be bothered to attend a rally supporting clamping down on the borders?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yet on the thread listing locations where people throughout CA can attend a rally against the very issue you bring up(Illegals), your response was "NO THANKS" in regards to attending one.

How exactly do you return CA to what it once was, when you can't even be bothered to attend a rally supporting clamping down on the borders?
Try reading the thread, I thought it was a rally FOR illegal immigration

Old 07-17-2014, 11:36 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Try reading the thread, I thought it was a rally FOR illegal immigration
I don't believe you....LOL. The OP was pretty clear and the link provided as well.

I think you need to try reading the thread before commenting.

BTW, there are two scheduled right in Anaheim!

Get some sunscreen and a hat!

Old 07-17-2014, 03:17 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I don't believe you....LOL. The OP was pretty clear and the link provided as well.

I think you need to try reading the thread before commenting.

BTW, there are two scheduled right in Anaheim!

Get some sunscreen and a hat!
I think we need a selfie of mbell75 at the rally. Now's his chance.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:49 AM

83 posts, read 149,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Either move away or don't move here. A simple and elegant choice. And please, don't tell me you are stuck here, because of your high paying job.
I agree with this.

People need to get over themselves and stop living in the past, yes this state is different than it was 30 years ago. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is your opinion.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCS View Post
I agree with this.

People need to get over themselves and stop living in the past, yes this state is different than it was 30 years ago. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is your opinion.
Please explain how things like the state having less money then it did 30 years ago, the highest poverty and unemployment rates in the nation, some of the worst public education, the 3rd highest median home prices, the most Welfare recipients and millions of illegals would fall under the "good thing" in someone's opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California