Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 AM

2,236 posts, read 2,976,456 times

Advertisements

A recent research report indicates that Northern Californians are happier than Southern Californians. I wonder why?

Do Northern Californians have a better quality of life than Southern Californians?

Those living in the Central Valley appear to be happier than those living in L.A. or the Bay Area.

I would have to agree with this research report.

Study reveals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
What ever the case it looks like people are a lot happier outside of California.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
What ever the case it looks like people are a lot happier outside of California.
Yeah. 38 million people forced to stay in hell. No ways out.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 AM

4 posts, read 6,093 times
It does not make any sense. North - South California difference. Possibly because whose site i am. Think about your own sun. Your may be mentally ill, no one else would love him, not even tolerate him. But you do because it's your sun. same case here. you live in Northern California.

Or may happen for the climate,

or northern own gold mines.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
The highest ranking (happiest) California counties according to that report: Stanislaus, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Orange.

The lowest ranking (most unhappy) California counties: Napa, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Kern, and Los Angeles. (I personally would have put San Francisco at the dead bottom since some of the people that live there seem to take pride in being miserable, but maybe that's just me...)

So, two of the "happiest" and "unhappiest" counties each are in SoCal. For this argument, I'll consider Santa Barbara and Kern part of SoCal since they are closer to L.A.'s greater sphere of influence. By contrast, NorCal has one "happy" county if you consider Stanislaus to be in the sphere of influence of the Sacramento region, but four "unhappy" counties.

So, Californians are either most or least happy in these mentioned metropolitan counties, according to the report.

Just found that interesting. But yes, rural northern California seems to have a larger swath of people who are happy with their lives than certain urban counties in the state.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 07-25-2014 at 11:03 AM..

Old 07-25-2014, 02:28 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
The highest ranking (happiest) California counties according to that report: Stanislaus, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Orange.
That's pretty much tell you all you need to know about the usefulness of the report.

I know whenever I'm forced to navigate some inhibiting, Irvine Company Parc Lake Ranch Enclave, I'm overcome with the impulse to get out of my car and skip down the cul-de-sac, just like Pharrelle.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:52 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
That's pretty much tell you all you need to know about the usefulness of the report.

I know whenever I'm forced to navigate some inhibiting, Irvine Company Parc Lake Ranch Enclave, I'm overcome with the impulse to get out of my car and skip down the cul-de-sac, just like Pharrelle.
Gotta go south of Irvine for that.

Joyful OC Kid Breaks Into Dance

Talk About Love (: - YouTube

Old 07-25-2014, 03:31 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yeah. 38 million people forced to stay in hell. No ways out.
More great news for California

The five best and worst states for kids

Maybe sunshine is like eating lead paint chips

Old 07-25-2014, 04:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Careful Pacific, expressing praise (and not disgust) for our area will get us labeled as not urbane despite our extremely urbane bona fides. Just sayin'.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:36 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Kind of get the idea that people who have something to do don't spend time answering surveys that turn into published "lists".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California