Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,439,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Now that those are gone, will there be more accidents because riders don't know the rules?
I think the bigger danger is that some car driver will intentionally injure a lane-splitting motorcyclist just because he or she "heard" that it was no longer legal.

That bike-hating pinhead might soon have blood on his hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,423,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The guy who forced their removal is a well-known scammer and professional busybody whose ultimate intent -- going by the verbiage in his "petition" in which he claims that lane-splitting frightens car drivers -- is undoubtedly to make it illegal once and for all.
That SUCKS! I hope his intent is NEVER realized!

Come on fellow motorcyclists lets start a rally to stop this guy.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:32 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The guy who forced their removal is a well-known scammer and professional busybody whose ultimate intent -- going by the verbiage in his "petition" in which he claims that lane-splitting frightens car drivers -- is undoubtedly to make it illegal once and for all.
Can you please share the name of this well known scammer?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 PM

19,166 posts, read 16,585,247 times
There has already been a petition filed to return the guidelines. Personally, it makes more sense to have them.

American Motorcyclist Association Petition Calls for Return of Lane-Splitting Guidelines

Old 07-29-2014, 10:53 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,439,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Can you please share the name of this well known scammer?
One Man Just Made Lane Splitting Infinitely More Dangerous

This is what that POS filed with the state:

http://lanesplittingislegal.com/asse...io10-07-13.pdf

More info on this bike-hating creep:

http://pensiontsunami.com/blog/?p=68

Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 PM

Thanks Lady!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
There has already been a petition filed to return the guidelines. Personally, it makes more sense to have them.

American Motorcyclist Association Petition Calls for Return of Lane-Splitting Guidelines
Thanks and damn what a sorry POS for sure!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 PM

YW. I have no problem with lane splitting. In fact, I'm not afraid for me, I'm afraid for them. I saw some pretty gruesome videos of bikers who were injured (and killed) when drivers opened their doors, causing an accident. I think some drivers do it on purpose and that's awful. I don't know what's wrong with people and why they would want to do something like that. Makes no sense in my world.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
YW. I have no problem with lane splitting. In fact, I'm not afraid for me, I'm afraid for them. I saw some pretty gruesome videos of bikers who were injured (and killed) when drivers opened their doors, causing an accident. I think some drivers do it on purpose and that's awful. I don't know what's wrong with people and why they would want to do something like that. Makes no sense in my world.
Well I must be both very lucky and very skilled! To be honest I actually find most drivers to be very very motorcycle friendly. Many will see me splitting and move over to give me more room. I always blow a kiss to the fellows and give a friendly wave to the ladies.

Not once since moving here and racking up 35K miles on two different motorcycles have I had any a$$holes or close calls. Thank you Guardian Angels

My goodness traffic was especially bad today on my ride to campus! I had to split lanes from the time I got to 19th Ave all the way until I exited San Rafael. I am so thankful that lane splitting is legal here!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:50 PM

It's not legal in Texas? I don't know the laws there so just asking.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:56 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,777,802 times
Quote:
It's not legal in Texas? I don't know the laws there so just asking.
According to the host and the many callers on Ronn Owens' radio program the other day, California is the only state that allows lane splitting. One e-mailer thought that Vermont allowed it, but that was not confirmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California