Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:43 AM

10,062 posts, read 12,756,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Kick out the transplants.
Who in California is NOT descended from a transplant? Maybe some of the parents of the posters on here came from the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 08:54 AM

8,996 posts, read 10,437,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Why am I not surprised that the nazis who control this state would start floating this idea.

Here, I'll make it easy for you dumbasses in the legislature:

1) round up and ship back to Mexico ALL illegals

2) round up and ship out ALL residents born in New York, Boston, Detroit, Minnesota along with their families.

3) round up and ship out every environmentalist who has ever opposed any water project in this state. And their families. Which is, like, ALL of them! Time for these people to own up to their stupidity.

I'm not kidding.

PS we STILL need more water storage facilities.
The only person proposing that idea is some random professor at Kaplan University.

Now take a deep breath and relax.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:57 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,777,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Who in California is NOT descended from a transplant? Maybe some of the parents of the posters on here came from the East.
The problems here in California are the direct result of the immigration of large number of young idealists starting in the 60's. This transformed the state from conservative and republican to liberal left and democrat.

My mother came from Massachusetts (her father moved here because of a transfer from the railroad company he worked for). My father, an orphan, came here to live with the relatives who raised him. My parents met in the 1930's. They were hard working and religious and conservative.

Today, California democrats outnumber republicans 2 to 1. Are we better off as a result?

Given that the crazies are now floating the trial balloon of mandatory expulsion of some citizens as a result of the current water emergency, I'd say that the liberal left are the real problem here.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:56 AM

21,662 posts, read 16,194,427 times
Quote:
Kick out the transplants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Dern tootin'! Never mind that we've always had the freedom to travel and move within this country. Who needs freedom anyway? Fence it off and keep the hoi polloi in the hinterlands where they belong!
Why not just kick out all the whiners who can't find the door?

Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM

19,163 posts, read 16,582,005 times
Quote:
This is exactly right.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,785,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Dern tootin'! Never mind that we've always had the freedom to travel and move within this country. Who needs freedom anyway? Fence it off and keep the hoi polloi in the hinterlands where they belong!
You do realize I was joking? You actually thought I was serious?

Old 08-01-2014, 11:22 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,785,120 times
Quote:
As I told another poster, I wasn't being serious, but I will comment on your post. What does being descended from a transplant have to do with being a native Californian? Sure, it wouldn't necessarily work for the parents with young natives, but you're talking about one group.

It doesn't matter, as I said earlier, I was joking.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:36 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,391,772 times
Quote:
I knew that so, "No!" But there are those who would welcome it so I decided to poke them a bit.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,824,693 times
Quote:
Tonal arguments on the internet never end well because they're occasionally hard to judge. Especially when you don't include an overly sarcastic comment or the appropriate smilie to cement your tone. Much like the user who you are responding to, did. So I reiterate, you actually thought they were serious in their reply to you?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,001,018 times
Instead of spending $75B+ on a train to nowhere the state should be investing in desalinization plants and additional/upgraded water storage facilities.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California