Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:53 PM

61 posts, read 99,306 times

Advertisements

I get the feeling from reading posts in the CA forum that many people would be tickled pink if the state of California would fail miserably and die. WHY?

I also get the feeling that some people from other states negatively stereotype Californians as pompous jackwaggits, and we should all be harmed in some way for living here. WHY?

I was born in Fresno and I've lived in this state for 38 years. Now it seems that so much is wrong with our state, and people are somehow really excited about that. Its sick! And then there are the fear mongers yelling about the drought, like we haven't faced this before (think 1976). Absolutely its bad. But its not the end of the world, and our central valley is after all, an irrigated desert. No surprise, and nothing new.

I'm so tired of all of the negativity. Seriously, all of the people I know are doing well here. We all have jobs, and those who were let go have found new jobs and are doing fine. We are all middle class people with mortgages and families and bills to pay. We are hard working people who give to charities, take care of our families, donate to food pantries, attend church (or not), sit on the town council, and generally try to better our cities.

I know for a fact that the California I live in (central valley) is not the California these forums are painting it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:13 PM

555 posts, read 801,056 times
I think it can be summed up in one word: envy.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:25 PM

462 posts, read 739,753 times
This Picture sums it up well.......

Truthfully though, CA causes many of its own problems on many issues, and is just a bureaucratic mess. Acknowledging serious problems isn't being negative if your trying to raise awareness (have an actual debate) about a particular problem that the political leaders in the state refuse to address or are just complacent in allowing problems to just go unaddressed for whatever reason it may be (special interests come to mind).

Last edited by Wilson502; 07-31-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 09:15 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,502,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
This Picture sums it up well.......

Truthfully though, Illinois causes many of its own problems on many issues, and is just a bureaucratic mess. Acknowledging serious problems isn't being negative if your trying to raise awareness (have an actual debate) about a particular problem that the political leaders in the state refuse to address or are just complacent in allowing problems to just go unaddressed for whatever reason it may be (special interests come to mind).
Yet no one is bashing Illinois. Nor other states. Seems to be a problem of envy. Despite the fact that CA has got its act together and has a surplus the last two fiscal years.
Attached Thumbnails
Why do you want California to fail?-p9230005.jpg  

Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,064,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thupermoon View Post
I get the feeling from reading posts in the CA forum that many people would be tickled pink if the state of California would fail miserably and die. WHY?

It's turned into a 3rd world country! That's why!!

Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,761,445 times
Is this one of those questions like "when did you stop beating your wife?"

Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,108,748 times
So i can feel smug about living in a frozen wasteland as some call it.

IMO the current drought and a possible stockmarket correction are going to eat California's lunch.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 PM

61 posts, read 99,306 times
I read that California has a better economy than both Italy and Russia. We have the eighth best economy in the world. You never hear anything about this.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,502,132 times
wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
With the eight largest economy in the world no less! Something to envy!

Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 PM

21,644 posts, read 16,188,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Apparently you have either:
a) never been to a third world country
Or
B) never been to California
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California